Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 15,210

rishisquid

@Aromaiden: Oh, well forgive me for not noticing your sarcasm. There are a lot of people on the internet who would say that without joking

rishisquid

Therad

rishisquid wrote:

@Aromaiden: Why would Linkle be better?

Because that would mean that Linkle is also in the game? Which would probably mean that we have gender selections, which in turn means that people that want to play as a girl can do so?

Therad

Octane

Therad wrote:

rishisquid wrote:

@Aromaiden: Why would Linkle be better?

Because that would mean that Linkle is also in the game? Which would probably mean that we have gender selections, which in turn means that people that want to play as a girl can do so?

But I want to play as a giraffe. I think they should include a giraffe as playable character as well, preferably a blue one, with purple stripes.

Octane

-Green-

How would a Giraffe ride Epona tho? o-0

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Welp. It'd have to be one pretty small giraffe, and it'll probably have to have fingers. Hmmm....

Haru17

Mods are bad at politics and complacent with discordant social values—confirmed.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Featuring a new item; the lawn mower, how else are we going to cut all that grass!?

Maybe they could just update the boomerang to be a boomerang glaive. That could combine the functions of the boomerang, lawnmower, and ball & chain into one.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

Therad wrote:

rishisquid wrote:

Why would Linkle be better?

But I want to play as a giraffe. I think they should include a giraffe as playable character as well, preferably a blue one, with purple stripes.

[post removed]

This isn't about fundamentel rights, it's about video games. I don't have a problem when I play as Samus in Metroid, or Mario, or Link, or whatever character. I'm not a woman, I'm not a little fat plumber with a moustache, nor do I have blond hair. It's not about gender, race or whatever, it's about the idea that every character needs to represent the player. I'm perfectly fine with playing as whatever character the developers thinks fits best in their game. I don't understand why people have such big issue with the character they play as.

Edited on by LzWinky

Octane

Eel

Ok @Haru17, I know you enjoy using the edgy hyperboles, but please, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of having a normal discussion without having to resort to to that kind of tactics.

It's happened several times before with you, and it would be nice if it could stop.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Honestly though. I think Linkle would have far more potential and possibilities as her own character instead of simply being a female Link.

Eel

Aromaiden wrote:

Honestly though. I think Linkle would have far more potential and possibilities as her own character instead of simply being a female Link.

Well, she is already her own character. I don't think they'd regress her to "female link" status. If they decided to crate a female avatar for the player, I'm sure she'd be named just link, or be completely different from Linkle (even if they reused the name).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Well, she is already her own character. I don't think they'd regress her to "female link" status.

While true, I feel that most fans seem to only associate her as "female link".

Edited on by -Green-

rallydefault

I just think the devs should go with what they think best for their game. Nobody should ever feel obligated to include things in their art that they don't want to include, minority or majority. An author shouldn't try to shoehorn in a black character or a gay character or a white character or whatever if that isn't the story they want to tell just as much as game developers shouldn't be forced to shoehorn in characters that don't fit their vision. Otherwise, you're just forcing your viewpoint and ideals onto the artist.

Now, if the final product is something that was always intended as a community collaboration or something like that, then that is obviously an entirely different deal. You have to take things on a case by case basis.

rallydefault

rishisquid

@rallydefault: Exactly. If the developers include a female protagonist, it should be because it is part of the vision they had for the game, not because they are pressured into it. Otherwise, they aren't free to create art.

rishisquid

TuVictus

Very much agree with you chaps

TuVictus

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

Featuring a new item; the lawn mower, how else are we going to cut all that grass!?

Maybe they could just update the boomerang to be a boomerang glaive. That could combine the functions of the boomerang, lawnmower, and ball & chain into one.

Untitled

That looks horribly impractical. How do you use this without dismembering yourself?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

rishisquid wrote:

rallydefault: Exactly. If the developers include a female protagonist, it should be because it is part of the vision they had for the game, not because they are pressured into it. Otherwise, they aren't free to create art.

Alternately, they should give a gender option for an already-androgynous character because it's 2015 and generally understood that girls can be heroes too.

"Vision" and "artistic freedom" are some of the spin-iest excuses I've seen for "I want the series to be as conservative as possible."

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

rishisquid

@SpookyMeths: Sigh... No, just stating a year is not a valid reason. Of course girls can be heroes, but does every hero need to be a girl? I wouldn't mind a female protagonist, but I am totally against the gender option. Link is not an avatar, he is a long established, easily recognizable character, giving him boobs won't do anything except confuse people.

And yes, if making the game as conservative as possible will keep an iconic character from changing genders, I'm all for it.

rishisquid

rishisquid

@SpookyMeths: Also, I do want art to be what the artist wanted it to be. If there is a book or something with an all female cast for example, I won't scream for some male representation. I want to read the book as the author wanted it to be, not as I do. SO basically, I would strongly prefer to not have a gender option, but if the developers see that it's best, I'll deal with it and just play the game (if it ever comes out)

Edited on by Eel

rishisquid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic