Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 15,210

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Where you used to get movie tie-ins you now get Mad Max (which is apparently aight.)

Hmm looks like it's another WB Arkham-inspired combat system where you stand in one place and press □ and △ on cue and watch cool animations until stuff is dead.

At least WB is making it very easy for me to save $70 every time they release a game though. They're nice like that.

EDIT: That said, not WB, but Sleeping Dogs made decently good use of the "Arkham" style combat system through creative uses of environment. Grabbing a guy, running him over to a wall, and smashing his face into it is pretty satisfying, even if there isn't a whole heck of a lot of player agency involved with it.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You really can't disprove the simple inevitability that more popularity translates to more investment, more games, and finally more 'good' games. That's all I'm saying.

whispers sega.

you're just a kid who thinks great graphics and a hollywood storyline with an achievements box popping up every 45 seconds make a video game. the complete opposite to how gamers think.

Your rage, tribalism, and lack of punctuation will pleases me intimately.

It's not that individual games are getting bigger budgets, though that's also happening, it's that the industry has grown. Dramatically even. Meaning there are more games, more creators, more minds and of all of that more good games will inevitably emerge.

Disagreeing with this simple fact is only impotent rage or reductivism.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

shaneoh

Haru17 wrote:

It's not that individual games are getting bigger budgets, though that's also happening, it's that the industry has grown. Dramatically even. Meaning there are more games, more creators, more minds and of all of that more good games will inevitably emerge.

Also more bad games are emerging. Overall, the ratio between good, average and bad games hasn't necessarily changed.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

CaviarMeths

Well, we could sit around and do hours, days of research, going over every game made in the last year, comparing it previous years. Dissecting budgets, referencing them to the market size and GDP of the time, distribution costs, all that stuff. Pour over review aggregate sites to gauge critical and consumer reception to the games. Whatever someone so qualified to do such things would do.

Or we could just conclude right now that "game quality has improved" is a silly statement to make.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

PaperMario64

CaviarMeths wrote:

Or we could just conclude right now that "game quality has improved" is a silly statement to make.

Untitled

PaperMario64

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Which wasn't my point, but rather a rather convenient straw-man for you, because disproving the fact that quality is simply more widespread nowadays would be hard. Meaning that more third party AAAs compete with first party tent pole AAA titles for awards, etc.

But yes, about Zelda's lethargy...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Socar

@CM30: Not exactly......I'd argue that Thousand Year Door is FAR better than what Paper Mario games are right now.

So quick question, now that the divisions are merged, you think we can expect the game to be entirely made by Nintendo and not ask Monolith Soft for this to happen?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Dezzy

Nintendo need to give us another preview trailer for the sake of this thread.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

martinskrtel37

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You really can't disprove the simple inevitability that more popularity translates to more investment, more games, and finally more 'good' games. That's all I'm saying.

whispers sega.

you're just a kid who thinks great graphics and a hollywood storyline with an achievements box popping up every 45 seconds make a video game. the complete opposite to how gamers think.

Your rage, tribalism, and lack of punctuation will pleases me intimately.

Disagreeing with this simple fact is only impotent rage or reductivism.

....but it's just as likely bad games will emerge from that set up. which is why i said SEGA. are you old enough to know what SEGA is? i absolutely disproved your idea that popularity = moneyz = moar gud gamez. with the word SEGA. who did their best work when they had nothing but the desire to create. and did their worst work when fattened up with glory and money.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

cookiex

Dezzy wrote:

I'd imagine after Tri Force Heroes comes out they'd at least start talking about Zelda U again. We haven't heard a peep since the delay besides confirmation that it's still a Wii U game.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

@DiscoGentleman: It doesn't really matter. Nintendo doesn't think about the timeline until after the game is done. It's how the entire ''official'' Zelda timeline was put together, they never made the games with a timeline in mind, and I don't think they really care right now. In a decade or so, when we get an update on that timeline, they'll see where the games fit best.

Octane

Dezzy

@DiscoGentleman:
I care more about the length of the grass in Hyrule than I care about where it falls on the timeline I'm sticking with the prejudice that the timeline was completely invented post-hoc for the sake of selling a book.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WebHead

@cookiex: yeah i hope after tri-force heroes aonuma focuses solely on Zelda U. Would it really be a big deal to give us a short trailer?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

jariw

WebHead wrote:

Would it really be a big deal to give us a short trailer?

Yes, it would.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Hendesu

I hope Zelda U isn't going to be Twlight Princess 2.0 but with better graphics.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Eel

It's pretty clear that they make some games specifically to tie in with the story line of the previous games. Ocarina of time, Twilight Princess, the whole wind waker trilogy, skyward sword, etc.

It's also clear that some of the games are made without thinking about that at all. Like four swords and triforce heroes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

That's kind of what I said.

If anything, that opens it to be it's own universe/time line. Yay for new options.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

As far as I know, Nintendo of Canada's role is to ship games from Nintendo of America to retailers in Canada. I'm not even sure if they do any marketing of their own.

But I never really considered the two Four Swords games part of the timeline anyway.

OneBagTravel

Dezzy wrote:

Based on how everyone flipped out about the last preview, the public isn't ready for any alpha footage.

NightmareEater wrote:

I hope Zelda U isn't going to be Twlight Princess 2.0 but with better graphics.

This is why it's not an instant buy for me. If they're just going to make another Wii Zelda with better graphics, then I'm out. Wii Zeldas to me lost me on the core feel and mechanic of what Zelda games should be.

And finally about the time line, that was the worst thing Nintendo could have done to the franchise. Zelda never needed a time line to link games together. Some could play off each other and let the fans make the connections if they want, but anything official is just silly. The only true sequel from one another is Zelda II even if later games overlap stories a little.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic