Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,001 to 12,020 of 15,210

Haru17

Everyone knows you're supposed hunt horses with bomb arrows and fall damage.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

I'd rather not....that horse god thing is terrifying.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

I don't think he ever does anything, though. I killed my early game horse, Melany, intentionally five times over and nothing happened.

Also, I never understood what the horse stats outside of whichever one meant boost. And whatever the shield number was supposed to mean.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Henmii

One simple question: Are all the Korok-seeds seperate, or do they also come in bundles of 5, 10, etc? Since if there are 900 seperate ones, that...is...a gigantic amount. I think I have not even found 100 yet!!

Henmii

Octane

@Henmii They're all separate, you don't collect bundles of them.

Octane

Henmii

@Octane,

Thanks for the answer! I have my work cut out then. See you back in 2050, lol.

Henmii

Octane

@Henmii You don't really get a reward for collecting them all, and you don't need them all for upgrades either. There's a lot more than you actually need.

Octane

Eric258

@Henmii I think you only need just over 400 korok seeds to have a fully upgraded inventory.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

OorWullie

So who's all going to play through it all again when the 'Harder' mode arrives?I'm sure I will but I imagine I'll just stick to the main quest.I wonder if the Korok seeds will be in the same places?Maybe there will be more of them,1800 of the little nutters now in even more harder to locate places.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

StuTwo

OorWullie wrote:

So who's all going to play through it all again when the 'Harder' mode arrives?I'm sure I will but I imagine I'll just stick to the main quest.I wonder if the Korok seeds will be in the same places?Maybe there will be more of them,1800 of the little nutters now in even more harder to locate places.

I think the bigger question is what will the "Harder" mode actually be.

I've got my fingers crossed that, knowing they experimented with other items like the hookshot, we get 4 completely different runes (with some of the shrines correspondingly changed to reflect this). Done right it could make the game much more difficult but at the same time different enough to play through again.

As for the new "map feature" I'd love to see different seasons in the game.

Oh and seasons reminds me of a miscellaneous thing I'd like to see added - a "weather control rod" hidden somewhere in the world. It'd be great, especially later on in the game, to be able to instantly stop it raining or to call in a strategic thunder storm.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

OorWullie

@StuTwo I hadn't thought about the possibility of new runes.I assumed 'Harder' would just mean stronger enemies,more difficult side quests,resources being scarcer,stuff like that.That'll still likely be the case but new runes to work with would definitely make things different enough. The 'weather control rod' would be great too.I was actually wondering about that earlier,if one might exist already in the game and I just haven't come across it yet.I guess not then haha.As for the new map feature,I really have no idea what it could be.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

StuTwo

OorWullie wrote:

The 'weather control rod' would be great too.I was actually wondering about that earlier,if one might exist already in the game and I just haven't come across it yet.I guess not then haha.As for the new map feature,I really have no idea what it could be.

No idea whether one exists or not. I'm only (only!) around 30-35 hours in and not even attempted one of the dungeons yet so I'm definitely not the person to tell you what's in or not in the game.

As to the difficulty - I've no idea exactly what Nintendo will do but I'd be amazed (and disappointed) if it's just "enemies do x2 damage.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

jump

^My money is the map feature will be a seed sensor or something else disappointing and the hard mode will be the standard one that was free in the previous games.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GoronBrudda

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

@Jumpman I don't know if it's worth buying a Switch just for this game, but if there are other games you're planning on buying as well as Zelda, absolutely go for it. Absolutely awesome piece of hardware, and if the software interests you, you'll have a really good time with it. Without a doubt my favorite system ever. Just make sure you get a screen protector. Preferably tempered glass, if you're willing to spend a bit of extra money. Not only are they far less prone to bubbles if you clean your screen before putting it on, they'll protect the screen a lot more effectively than a standard plastic one.

Yes definitely! While I really love the switch loads, the screen being so open and vulnerable compared to a 3DS was actually my one pet niggle about the switch. But those proper tempered glass screen protectors really solve that problem well. There are alot of good ones and bad ones though, so even the ones that look the same can behave quite differently in terms of how well they stick or line up, but the good ones are really excellent, and you can't even tell they're there. Which one did you try? The one I found worked best of all out of the few I had a go at was the Orzly one. A few others came close, but I still did notice the difference between them.

GoronBrudda

KirbyTheVampire

GoronBrudda wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

@Jumpman I don't know if it's worth buying a Switch just for this game, but if there are other games you're planning on buying as well as Zelda, absolutely go for it. Absolutely awesome piece of hardware, and if the software interests you, you'll have a really good time with it. Without a doubt my favorite system ever. Just make sure you get a screen protector. Preferably tempered glass, if you're willing to spend a bit of extra money. Not only are they far less prone to bubbles if you clean your screen before putting it on, they'll protect the screen a lot more effectively than a standard plastic one.

Yes definitely! While I really love the switch loads, the screen being so open and vulnerable compared to a 3DS was actually my one pet niggle about the switch. But those proper tempered glass screen protectors really solve that problem well. There are alot of good ones and bad ones though, so even the ones that look the same can behave quite differently in terms of how well they stick or line up, but the good ones are really excellent, and you can't even tell they're there. Which one did you try? The one I found worked best of all out of the few I had a go at was the Orzly one. A few others came close, but I still did notice the difference between them.

I got the Orzly premium twin pack as well. (Thank goodness, since I really wasn't sure which protector would be the best when I bought it). Really happy with it. No bubbles or anything whatsoever, and the colors and everything still look perfect.

KirbyTheVampire

OorWullie

@FGPackers I've played the whole game in Pro Mode.Maybe that explains why I'm near 200 hours in and still only done 2 beasts.48 shrines and collected 104 Korok seeds.I noticed someone earlier saying they had done 1 beast and around the same amount of shrines/seeds as me in under 40 hours.I do do some aimless wandering and a lot of mucking around but every session I have is productive so I'm not sure how some have done so much in far less time than me.I rarely use fast travel though.I think it kind of takes you out the adventure.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

DreamyViridi

Heh, to think this time last month, I started playing BotW completely new to the experience of it all. Now I've done everything that counts for completion but Korok Seeds (and the monster medals if they count).

This was a fantastic experience. I loved playing this game all the way up until the end. It's just a shame that nothing would replicate the first-time experience I had. That and I played through the Wii U version and I now have to contemplate if it is worth buying the DLC now or replay the game when I eventually get a Switch and play the DLC there.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

chriiiiiiiiiis

OorWullie wrote:

The 'weather control rod' would be great too.I was actually wondering about that earlier,if one might exist already in the game and I just haven't come across it yet.I guess not then haha.

I feel like weather definitely won't be controllable. If there was more benefits to it raining in game, it might be more fun to have control but since you'd only use it to constantly have clear blue skies, it's probably just non-immersive for the whole experience. I doubt the developers would want to include that kind of thing.

I'm actually really excited for the coming DLC though. It's actually quite hard to imagine what kind of story they might add to the game but I could definitely see the dragon-related parts of the game having a much larger focus and something to do with the triforce possibly? Completing the DLC would assumedly have a reward so maybe another kind of unbreakable sword wouldn't be too bad...? I'm not really sure how much they can add with DLC so I don't know how high I should dream hahaha

chriiiiiiiiiis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic