Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 461 to 480 of 3,358

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You say that, but I spent half of Wind Waker HD avoiding the finale so I could explore the Great Sea.

I'm not sure that adds up. You already had to explore most of the sea before you could even get to the final dungeon. The only stuff you didn't have to do was the small side-quest locations, which are pretty damn small in Wind Waker.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

OK find this weekend or next, I will beat BOTW, I will ok, I will finish it finally.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You say that, but I spent half of Wind Waker HD avoiding the finale so I could explore the Great Sea.

I'm not sure that adds up. You already had to explore most of the sea before you could even get to the final dungeon. The only stuff you didn't have to do was the small side-quest locations, which are pretty damn small in Wind Waker.

A lot of that stuff requires a lot of traveling to basically every area of the game. There's around like 50 treasures hidden underwater (that aren't triforce pieces), I wanna say the majority of the islands have something other than main quest or triforce charts the like. And there's also submarines and the various platforms, and the number of sidequests on Windfall and trading quest and especially the Nintendo Gallery. Granted, I technically didn't complete the Nintendo Gallery despite trying really hard to, for very stupid reasons, so you could argue that was me wasting my time. But since I did do some side stuff before the triforce hunt anyway, including pictures for that, I think it evened out.

To be fair, I was pretty familiar with the main game from the original release, so that helped. But I wasn't so familiar that I could just rush through it ASAP, not did I even try to.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@Diddy64 It's highly unlikely Nintendo would let Link talk honestly. Mario's voice actor actually offered to voice Link when they were making BotW, and they declined because Link doesn't need a voice actor.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Diddy64

@VoidofLight Oh, I was referring to Ganondorf, not Link. Sorry for not being specific 😅

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Snatcher

@Diddy64 I would want to hear him talk in grunts, and I have not played many 3D zeldas but, does Ganon still Have Green blood? (Or bleed at all).

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Diddy64

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

A lot of that stuff requires a lot of traveling to basically every area of the game. There's around like 50 treasures hidden underwater (that aren't triforce pieces), I wanna say the majority of the islands have something other than main quest or triforce charts the like. And there's also submarines and the various platforms, and the number of sidequests on Windfall and trading quest and especially the Nintendo Gallery. Granted, I technically didn't complete the Nintendo Gallery despite trying really hard to, for very stupid reasons, so you could argue that was me wasting my time. But since I did do some side stuff before the triforce hunt anyway, including pictures for that, I think it evened out.

To be fair, I was pretty familiar with the main game from the original release, so that helped. But I wasn't so familiar that I could just rush through it ASAP, not did I even try to.

And then you have the highest number of Pieces of Hearts, 4th only to Twilight Princess 5 pieces requirements and Majora's Mask because it has only 4 bosses (Wind Waker has 5 with the statue created by the gods) and BotW for having more shrine orbs. I omitted Skyward Sword since I don't know for sure because I haven't played it.

Undergoing games:

VoidofLight

@Diddy64 Ah. My bad. I honestly feel like he has to get a proper voice this time around.

@Snatcher I believe Ganondorf doesn't bleed at all in any other Zelda game except for Ocarina of Time. However, I could be wrong on that.

Diddy64

@Snatcher I would like to see Link say a few words like Adol do in Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana. It is imo a way to please both the people who wants Link to be silent and the ones who wants Link to show some personality outside of the usual grunts.

About the green blood, the first 64 cartridges of Ocarina of Time had Ganondorf bleed red against Link's final slashes with the Sword (and perhaps before dealing those slashes but I'm not sure), however it was soon changed in the revised cartridges. Either because the higher ups didn't like it or to evade the game from becoming a rated T game.

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@VoidofLight You are actually right, although it was in the first cartridge version of Ocarina of Time. The second version removed that and the third changed the design of the Mirror Shield.

Undergoing games:

Snatcher

@VoidofLight @Diddy64 Ok Thanks, I was pretty sure it was just OT but just needed to ask just in case.

Also, think speaking a word or two wouldn't be to bad, I think it just might be a little to late to change it, Jake from Jake and Daxter didn't talk at first, but the 2nd game had him talk, It was still early enough to change him in my opinion, But the idea you had could work. I mean hell MH characters didn't start talking till now so any thing can happen.

Edited on by Snatcher

VoidofLight

I personally just want Link to stay silent. People say "Well, he needs to talk to show personality!", but Link shows personality in so many other places, such as BotW's animations and AoC's cutscenes.

Plus, you as the player are supposed to decide how the character responds, despite the fact that he's mostly his own character. Another reason Nintendo probably wouldn't go for it is because they'd risk ruining Link for loads of people by giving him a voice actor that people might not like. It's one thing to have him grunting, and another thing entirely to have him speak. Not to mention, they'd need to find a voice actor which would match up with the Japanese one.. which is easier said than done.

jump

@VoidofLight I agree, he doesn’t need to talk but just make some more noise like the Minions or Mario. Perhaps a pidgin Lord Of The Rings’ Elf talk ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

Sure, but my point is that you'd mostly already explored most of the sea. See my brain is fine with backtracking. I act as if that's not actually taking in-game time up.
It's when you do new things in-game that actually involve the rest of the world and characters acknowledging time progressing, that my brain considers it actually taking up in-game time. Just wandering aimlessly around a map is different than actually doing long and involved quests (some like the Tarry Town sidequest for example)

kkslider5552000

Oh that makes more sense at least.

I mean that is true enough. Even for an open world game about doing whatever you want, it does feel like at points a lot of the places you go to have little to do with anything. Like the entire fishing village, even if intentionally, is so far away from anything relevant.

This wouldn't effect the story as much for me, but it would've felt absurd if I hadn't intentionally left a lot of content for after I had already at least beaten the game. Let's not make Calamity Ganon the easiest final boss in the world if I can avoid it. But I felt that was less of something taking me out of the experience and more "I don't need to spend 50 hours avoiding the finale, I can do the rest after that" from a pure, video game-y sort of logic.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

My biggest regret about wondering about BOTW so much and doing the side stuff first was that it ended up just making the Ganon fight too easy. But it was kinda warned with lots of talk about how you’re looking for seeds, Zords, Mastersword etc to get strong enough to defeat Ganon which explains how there wasn’t a sense of urgency breathing down your neck the entire time.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

That's a problem for a lot of games, but it was especially true for BOTW, the more you do and explore, the easier the final fight becomes. But taking away like half the health from Ganon was maybe a bit much.

Octane

Dezzy

jump wrote:

My biggest regret about wondering about BOTW so much and doing the side stuff first was that it ended up just making the Ganon fight too easy. But it was kinda warned with lots of talk about how you’re looking for seeds, Zords, Mastersword etc to get strong enough to defeat Ganon which explains how there wasn’t a sense of urgency breathing down your neck the entire time.

Yep, games of this size really need some kind of "end-game" boss. Ganon was designed to be a reasonable boss for just a normal 40 hour playthrough where you just kinda do the main story and a small amount of exploration.

They needed a second boss that was designed for a 120 hour completionist playthrough. A Ruby Weapon type deal. It could be something like after completing every single shrine, you get a mysterious key, that opens a hidden dungeon in Hyrule Castle, where the real boss is hiding.

Rambler

@jump
I think the lack of sense of urgency is good compared to TP: 'You must save Hyrule now!! But first, how about some snowboarding?'

So having Hyrule is in a state of subjugation worked for me.

The end Ganon fight was easy, but it took quite a lot of work to get it to that state!

Rambler

VoidofLight

@Dezzy My main gripe with the final boss was that the champions mess with the actual challenging phase of the fight if you rescue them. They really needed to make a third or second form that scaled with the player or something. I also dislike how Dark Beast ganon is the slowest and most boring incarnation of the fight out of any Zelda game. If they were going to make it massive, they should've done something like bring back the idea of Climbing Ganon in Ocarina of Time or something.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic