Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,359

Dezzy

I just hope they give it a name that can be abbreviated easily.
So many of the other games can be shortened to a single word because they're not colloquially used words, meaning there's no ambiguity (Ocarina, Majora, Windwaker, Twilight, Skyward, Minish).
Then there's the annoying titles like Breath of the Wild and A Link To the Past, that take longer to say, and can't be abbreviated in an obvious way, except as an acronym.

This issue is of paramount importance.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

Bad Breath: Ganon’s twist.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

The Legend of Zelda: Amazing Skyward Sword.

Octane

Dogorilla

My guess is it will be called '[something else] of the Wild'. Either that or Tingle's Kooky Korokland.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Dezzy

Dogorilla wrote:

My guess is it will be called '[something else] of the Wild'.

That's what I'm expecting. It's the best way to make it clear it's a sequel without just calling it Breath of the Wild 2, which they might do, but isn't a naming convention they've ever used in the series before. Or at least not since Zelda->Zelda 2 with the first 2 games.

Dezzy

The "Wild" part is what describes their open-world approach to Hyrule though. So if it's set in the same world, I think that's the part they should keep. It makes sense of the title.
Like if they called this Death of the Wild, that would tell you that it's the same setting and same style, but with a much darker story. I doubt they'd put "Death" in a Nintendo title though, so that's just an example.

Dezzy

He did say the reason they're doing a sequel is because he thought this world had more to offer. Or something like that, depending on how well it was translated.

Eel

I believe the overall context of the previous game was part of the wild in the title, you’re a single person against this ruined place, mostly overtaken by nature and malice, most of it is new to you and it’s up to you to survive It. There’s no set roads, and you, the player, mostly have complete choice of what to do and when.

Depending on the context of the sequel, the “wild” could take the backseat.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JoyBoy

Dezzy wrote:

Dogorilla wrote:

My guess is it will be called '[something else] of the Wild'.

That's what I'm expecting. It's the best way to make it clear it's a sequel without just calling it Breath of the Wild 2, which they might do, but isn't a naming convention they've ever used in the series before. Or at least not since Zelda->Zelda 2 with the first 2 games.

Well, BOTW is more or less based on the original Zelda so it would make sense.

@Morpheel Breath Of The Earth. Or... Breathe! Ganon...Breathe! Or even better: Breath of the OMG Ganondorf has the high ground!

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

kkslider5552000

I hope the English voice actors are actually good this time.

And by that I mean, if Nintendo isn't gonna put their best foot forward for putting the best voice actors who are given the best direction for the best story they can put in the game, they should not bother just because some people on the internet are butthurt that they'll have to read.

Literally the only thing I'm cynical about towards this game tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Yeah I think the voice acting was largely pointless in BotW. There was so little of it, that it didn't really add much.
Voice acting only really adds to some types of game. Something like the God of War would be terrible without voice acting. But Zelda not so much.

Arbor

i hate to be obvious/that person, but in terms of names... death of the wild?? rhymes, and seems fitting with the creepy vibe from the trailer and the producer saying it is a darker game.

Arbor

Dezzy

So here's my theory: This is a prequel set 100 years before BotW. I think it makes sense story-wise and gameplay-wise.

Story wise, we're told in the original game that Ganondorf was born a normal man in Hyrule but over time assumed the evil form we see in the game. We're also told he was sealed away long ago by the spiritual ancestors of Link and Zelda, and that there are signs he was about to return at that point 100 years ago.
I think that's what we're seeing in this new trailer. His original human body that was sealed away by the magic of the former princess, which is that magic light-hand that's attached to his chest and then the evil smoke slowly escaping from the body (note that it's going away from the body, not towards it, which makes no sense for a sequel, because we never saw him inhabiting this body).
So this is Link and Zelda 100 years before BotW, investigating his tomb just as he's about to be reborn. BotW does say that he appeared from below Hyrule castle, which looks like what's happening at the end of this trailer.
This makes a lot more sense than it being a sequel. If it were a sequel, why would Ganon be reborn within the lifetimes of Link and Zelda, if he'd previously been sealed away for centuries? And why would he be reborn from his human corpse when he never inhabited that body in the original? And who sealed that body away with that light-hand, as we never saw Link and Zelda do it?

Gameplay-wise it makes sense because it's an obvious way they could reuse the world but still change a lot to make it new. 100 years ago, there's a whole range of towns and settlements that were still in use. Including hyrule castle and castle town. Those would be big enough changes such that it would feel like a new game, even if the larger world is mostly the same.

Also, they said this came from the fact that they had too many ideas when trying to think of DLC for BotW. A 100 year flashback would make perfect sense for something they were considering for DLC.

@Arbor

I literally just said that on the previous page!

Edited on by Dezzy

Diddy64

Dezzy wrote:

So this is Link and Zelda 100 years before BotW, investigating his tomb just as he's about to be reborn. BotW does say that he appeared from below Hyrule castle, which looks like what's happening at the end of this trailer.
This makes a lot more sense than it being a sequel. If it were a sequel, why would Ganon be reborn within the lifetimes of Link and Zelda, if he'd previously been sealed away for centuries? And why would he be reborn from his human corpse when he never inhabited that body in the original?

Nice theory, but there’s one problem which may make it unlikely. Link, Zelda and the champions were near Mount Lanayru when Ganon was returning from below Hyrule Castle. Also, Hyrule Castle didn't raise up when Ganon returned. That being said, I am not against a BotW prequel. Of course, there are other ways they could be in the past, like using time travel with a special item or sheikah artifact.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Dezzy

SamusLv7 wrote:

Nice theory, but there’s one problem which may make it unlikely. Link, Zelda and the champions were near Mount Lanayru when Ganon was returning from below Hyrule Castle. Also, Hyrule Castle didn't raise up when Ganon returned. That being said, I am not against a BotW prequel. Of course, there are other ways they could be in the past, like using time travel with a special item or sheikah artifact.

Ah but those 2 things aren't necessarily at the same time. In my theory, they discover the body of Ganon close to the beginning of the game (it might the first dungeon), and realize he's about to return because the seal breaks and the malice is escaping his body.
The point where he actually appears in his Calamity form, will then be at the end of the game. It will take time for him to take that new form, which is the time where you'll be going on those various missions to try and prepare for him, including those scenes where Zelda goes to the various goddess statues to try and awaken her power.
I think that fits with the story as we know it. Because they did know he was about to return before he appeared in the BotW flashbacks. So this would be the reason why, because they'd seen the seal on his human body break.

Also, we don't actually see whether Hyrule Castle raises or not. We're only see very selective scenes of it. It could've easily happened just before his Calamity form appeared.

Therad

Follow The Hair. Zelda has short hair in botw 2, seems extremely unlikely it is a prequel. Unless they are traveling through time.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic