Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 181 to 200 of 3,397

Therad

Dezzy wrote:

@Therad

If that Kotaku report on Bioware was accurate, it sounds like a lot of their problems were actually not EA's fault.
Most really great companies do tend to deteriorate over time. It's just natural. Second law of thermodynamics for the most part. Nintendo is really quite unique in being an incredible developer for 30 years constantly. Almost no-one else manages that.

Eh, maybe in their case. But EA haven't been healthy for many developers. The list of studios they have closed are painful to watch.

Therad

Dezzy

@Therad

Oh yeah EA definitely mess with stuff and make studios worse. I happen to know that Dragon Age 2 being awful was EA's doing rather than Bioware's. I knew someone who worked with the company at the time and she was just telling me how all of the Bioware staff were furious that they were essentially told they needed to make a rushed game for the sake of the yearly revenue target.
The devs obviously cared about their reputation for making high quality games. Whereas EA just needed to please the shareholders for that year.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

iKhan

@kkslider5552000 That's why they didn't say "development has begun". They said "a sequel is in development"

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

I don't see them taking more than one year or two to release this, considering it's (most likely) an amalgamation of scrapped ideas and planned dlc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

A theory that seems to have some weight is that they could be planing to use the idea of replacing Links right arm with ancient technology.

There's concept art of Link without his right arm, but with a shape-shifting thing that they draw transforming into stuff like a hookshot and a hammer.

In the teaser we see the light overtaking his arm, so who knows! It would be an interesting way to spice things up.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TuVictus

Oh man, his arm being the replacement for special items would be pretty cool. Would love to see them incorporate something like the hookshot to make climbing wayyyyy less tedious and downright cruel during a rain storm

TuVictus

rallydefault

@iKhan
They said, actually if you wanna be picky, "The sequel is NOW in development."

I'm with @kkslider5552000. This is not coming as soon as people think.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

The year is 2026, BotW 4 is released but to understand the plot you need to have read all the books (including a novel series), watched a TV show, a movie and played the spinoff Zelda Emblem: Return to Gamelon

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

rallydefault wrote:

@iKhan
They said, actually if you wanna be picky, "The sequel is NOW in development."

I'm with @kkslider5552000. This is not coming as soon as people think.

Nintendo generally don't announce things that far in advance, except due to delays, or the early days of a console, so they can get people buying it in anticipation.

EOTW

So who would like to speculate on the name? I'd like to point out that there was a rumor floating around before BotW was the title for the first game that it would be called "Unbound King" which is pretty darn spicy considering what we know about the sequel.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

rallydefault

@Dezzy
I've been around long enough to see people saying that for many, many years. And being wrong many, many times lol

It would be fun to be playing this next Christmas, don't get me wrong.

rallydefault

EOTW

Morpheel wrote:

The legend of Zelda: breath of the wild 2

Way to shake it up lol.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The year is 2026, BotW 4 is released but to understand the plot you need to have read all the books (including a novel series), watched a TV show, a movie and played the spinoff Zelda Emblem: Return to Gamelon

But this game isn't being made by Square Enix.

Edit: I read that as BOTW2, which would only add to the joke tbh.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

You first need to play the pseudo prequel TLoZ BotW Elegy of Lynel.

Then play the spin off of the prequel, TLoZ BotW Shackles of Remembrance.

After that you read the first five chapters of the manga, TLoZ BotW Awakening by Death.

This is where you play the original TLoZ BotW.

Finish the last five episodes of the manga.

Then the extra story elements they introduced in TLoZ BotW Magnifica Platinum Edition.

Now we can watch the movie, TLoZ BotW Dawn Scion.

After that comes the 7 episode anime sequel of the movie, TLoZ BotW Hyrule Historia, which focuses on the people who survived the movie and are rebuilding Hyrule while Link and Zelda move on to the sequel.

But first we must read the second manga, this one was a short 3 episode interlude, TLoZ BotW Episode Purah.

Now we are almost ready for TLoZ BotW 2, we just need to play the multi-player spinoff that happened concurrently to the second manga, TLoZ BotW Battle for Hateno. It's a battle royale.

(there's also the mobile city management spin off but that one isn't canon)

OK, Now you can play TLoZ BoTW 2 Nombralia Obfuscata.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2: Return to Hyrule & Return of Ganon

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Return to the art department because the title didn't fit on the box

Therad

The legend of Zelda: Wind of the wild.
With the tagline "You thought Ganons breath was wild...."

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic