Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 221 to 240 of 3,359

DenDen

I think the name will be something else also I got the feeling this zelda is going to be more streamlined with previous zelda games.
As seen in the trailer Link already has his master sword

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

Tsurii wrote:

@Dezzy we actually do see the castle rise up.

I meant we don't see it in BotW. I realise you can see it in this trailer.

I think it was raised in the past. If you look at the castle in the game, from certain angles you can see where it was originally built. This bottom half of the screen is the part that looks like it's raised out of the ground. So either I'm right. Or the castle raises even further out of the ground in addition to this.

Untitled

Therad wrote:

Follow The Hair. Zelda has short hair in botw 2, seems extremely unlikely it is a prequel. Unless they are traveling through time.

You can have short hair before or after having long hair. This tells us nothing.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

I don't think it's just the castle that's raised in the trailer. It's quite far away, so it's possible that the area surrounding the castle is raised with it. Anyway, yeah, no reason to assume this is a prequel at this point.

Octane

Dezzy

There's a free-cam mod in the Cemu emulator. If some super-nerd wants to figure it out, they could go into the original game and try and capture the exact same shot of the castle from the same position, and see if the height lines up before the castle moves, or after. Before would mean it's a sequel. After would mean it's probably a prequel.
That would be fairly decisive evidence if they did it well.

Edited on by Dezzy

Magonigal

At the end of the trailer on the eShop there's a message about this being the sequel to Breath of The Wild so i'm just going off that

Magonigal

Diddy64

Dezzy wrote:

SamusLv7 wrote:

Nice theory, but thereโ€™s one problem which may make it unlikely. Link, Zelda and the champions were near Mount Lanayru when Ganon was returning from below Hyrule Castle. Also, Hyrule Castle didn't raise up when Ganon returned. That being said, I am not against a BotW prequel. Of course, there are other ways they could be in the past, like using time travel with a special item or sheikah artifact.

Ah but those 2 things aren't necessarily at the same time. In my theory, they discover the body of Ganon close to the beginning of the game (it might the first dungeon), and realize he's about to return because the seal breaks and the malice is escaping his body.
The point where he actually appears in his Calamity form, will then be at the end of the game. It will take time for him to take that new form, which is the time where you'll be going on those various missions to try and prepare for him, including those scenes where Zelda goes to the various goddess statues to try and awaken her power.
I think that fits with the story as we know it. Because they did know he was about to return before he appeared in the BotW flashbacks. So this would be the reason why, because they'd seen the seal on his human body break.

I see. In other words, 1 year before the appearance of Calamity Ganon. I hope we see some (non monks) sheikah warriors helping and training Link whether this new game take place in the past or slightly future. Imagine seeing Link using a new style of fighting thanks to him completing a sheikah training.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Dezzy

@Octane

Not bad, although off by 100metres or so. And is that before or after the castle's started raising?

Octane

@Dezzy Before I think. You'd have to compare it to the trailer, but it gives a bit of perspective of how big the area is on the map.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah I just looked.
I think my theory is screwed. Once the castle raises upwards in the new trailer, it does look noticeably higher than it was in the original game. Which suggests sequel rather than prequel. Darn!

Octane

@Dezzy I think it is likely that some kind of event changes the entire map, at least in certain areas. Maybe it'll open up underground dungeons or something like that.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah probably something like that. They'll need a new version of shrines anyway.

I really wanted to see the old version of hyrule castle and castle town though.
Oh well, maybe it'll be far enough in the future that they've rebuilt castle town....

DenDen

What are you guys hoping for?
I really hope the weapon breaking mechanics comes back makes the game so much more fun.
Dont need the 900 seeds back though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
Also of its going to be as hughe or even bigger then the last one please fill the overmap more sometimes it whas so darn empty

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Octane

@Dezzy And I highly doubt they're going to do the ''120 shrines'' again. They need to set it apart from BOTW in some way.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Well I hope they do. The shrines were my favourite part of the game.

I hope they shamelessly come up with a lazy justification for why it's exactly like the shrines, but for some different story reason.

I think the open world would be really quite bad without the shrines.

@DenDen

I pretty much just want another version of BotW (with minor changes to make it feel new enough) but with a lot more story.

I want it to be the most story-heavy game in the series. If BotW was 10% story, and Skyward Sword is like 30% story, I want this game to be 40% story. Yes I've just made up a random metric for how story heavy something is.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

They're gonna have to make the open world way more substantial to explore if they're gonna use it again. No more random enemy camps with nothing but a fragile weapon as a reward. I guess shrines would make a come back since they're easy (and kinda lazy) ways to just plop puzzles down in any part of the environment. Otherwise they'd need to redesign the world to have way more and varied natural puzzles embedded into it, and I just don't see that happening, sadly

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Dezzy I remember Aonuma talking about being able to tackle dungeons from multiple sides. Maybe they're doing 12-15 large underground dungeons, but each with multiple entrances above ground. That way you can still stumble upon an entrance to the underground, but without having all the separate shrines.

Maybe they could make it so that you need to find other entrances in order to advance in the dungeons. So you go underground, do what you can until you hit a wall, find another entrance and solve the rest of the puzzle from the other side, so it opens up a path or whatever.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

But then once you've done a dungeon, all of the other entrances are effectively pointless.

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, but they could make it so that you need to enter at least 8 out of 10 entrances to complete the whole dungeon. So each portion will have its own "shrine-like" puzzle section, but they all connect to a larger dungeon with a proper boss at the end. And they could be themed as well.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic