Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 3,410

Moshugan

moomin wrote:

Rambler wrote:

While the price of the game is a justifiable grumble, it is definitely reduced in light of pre-order offers, sales, and the second-hand market.
It is most certainly reduced when you combine a price reduction with the number of backlogs that are mentioned in this site.

As for the CE, a load of plastic tat to clutter up your house, along with an art book which will be released separately (or something like it), which will become available at a reasonable price.

I've come to peace with the $70 bump mostly. When you put in old video game prices (primarily cartridges) into inflation calculators it kind of makes me feels spoikrd. But there's something about a mid-gen bump for TotK that feels... kind of spiteful? Kyle Bosman did a great video about this recently.

Yup. While prices and product values don't go in 1:1 relation to inflation, it should be noted that back in the day, Ocarina of Time used to cost 485 Finnish Marks which is about 120 euros in todays value! I remember games being crazy expensive and my parents didn't buy a lot of them for us, and I can understand why. At the end of the 90's Finland was still recovering from a depression.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

StarPoint

This gameplay trailer is absolutely going to be the blowout that we’ve been waiting for. We haven’t even received 10 minutes of trailer footage total, so I think this is gonna be huge. Hopefully they don’t delve too far into the story because I’d like to keep that a surprise.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

gcunit

I don't think it'll be a blow-out, and I'm hoping it won't be.

At least 60 seconds will be for the survival edition console, and another 2-3 minutes will be about the new controller.

There'll be a new trailer, then Anouma waffling about the development and stuff, then a few more peaks at the floating island mechanics etc. and that'll be that.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

Don’t forget three minutes for the re-release of the Zelda Game & Watch. It’s the same thing, but in teal instead of green.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

I think it'll be something like this:
1-2 minute trailer
4-5 minutes looking deeper at new stuff that isn't in BotW
1 minute TotK OLED and/or standalone Joy-Cons
1 minute TotK Expansion Pass
1 minute NSO Expansion Pack (e.g. BotW Expansion Pass)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@TheBigBlue you could try not going into the Zelda thread.

There’s plenty of things you could do in the real world to distract you from the inter media webs filled with talk of a Zelda Kingdom Sad 😢 trailer like getting a tattoo in dirty parlour which leads to a blood infection so you spend a month or two in a hospital, join in an execution rebellion protest where you’re arrested for a peaceful protest and spend the next two months in jail with no internet access as an inmate named Big Bubba hogs the computer or become a Juggalo and follow Insane Clown Posse on tour.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@TheBigBlue
Go for a walk, do some work, go camping, build something, have a fight and go to jail, read a book, go for a swim, start a new hobby,

Rambler

Rambler

@jump
Execution rebellion?!? They sound pretty hardcore, considering the outcome of getting arrested.

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I hate autocorrect, it ducking socks.

Dammit it did it again!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

WoomyNNYes

@TheBigBlue Yeah, I was hoping they weren't going to have any more reveal trailers. I went into BOTW blind, and it was sublime. I may be too desperate for a new big game to avoid the new TOTK direct/trailer.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Monkeido

Yikes, I don't want to spoil myself, but I'm also sooo curious to see what they have to show us.. plus they'll probably announce the special edition Switch at the end.

Monkeido

Rambler

moomin wrote:

Rambler wrote:

While the price of the game is a justifiable grumble, it is definitely reduced in light of pre-order offers, sales, and the second-hand market.
It is most certainly reduced when you combine a price reduction with the number of backlogs that are mentioned in this site.

As for the CE, a load of plastic tat to clutter up your house, along with an art book which will be released separately (or something like it), which will become available at a reasonable price.

I've come to peace with the $70 bump mostly. When you put in old video game prices (primarily cartridges) into inflation calculators it kind of makes me feels spoikrd. But there's something about a mid-gen bump for TotK that feels... kind of spiteful? Kyle Bosman did a great video about this recently.

I was sure that a replied to this before...

Personally, I don't think that spiteful is the right word: I can see and appreciate Ninty's reasoning for the increase, and indeed games on single systems back in the day cost a variety of prices, including eye-watering ones.
However, yes a bump like this towards the end of system's lifespan does indeed feel a bit off - cynical is probably another word I wouldn't use. Maybe exploratory? This may be a price point for multiple games on the switch 2, so they are testing the water.

Rambler

ElRoberico

@jump ICP doesn't tour anymore. Violent J has health concerns, but I think they're still playing the Gathering of the Juggalos.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

jump

@ElRoberico that’s a shame, they aren’t my thing but I always fancied seeing them just so I can figure out the Juggalo scene.

Nicolai wrote:

ElRoberico

@jump They aren't mine either, but my girlfriend likes them. Plus, like, they just managed to kind of end up in all these random situations, like in music, pro-wrestling, having a massive cult-like status. That's like, the dream, man.

Edited on by ElRoberico

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

VoidofLight

I'm expecting 10 minutes of gameplay, given that's what Nintendo told us we're getting. Not expecting any special edition system announcements, not a new trailer, maybe some discussion about what makes the game different from BotW, but with Aonuma actually playing instead of just sitting there talking about it and wasting the 10 minute slot.

This isn't a direct. They've made it clear it's strictly just Aonuma sitting and playing the game, but cut down to ten minutes to showcase the game itself. It'll most likely give people like me more of a reason to be excited, since showing raw gameplay instead of a trailer would genuinely prove to us that the game is more than just BotW with skies tacked onto it.

Also, anyone expecting the special edition console to be announced here do realize that Nintendo generally announces those a month from launch, right? So we're more likely bound to find out in TotK focused direct in April, with this 10 minutes of gameplay being more of an actual start to the promo cycle.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@ElRoberico yeah, the FBI have classified their fans as a gang which to me sounds like the band must be ridiculously bad ass then even though they probably aren’t.

Nicolai wrote:

NintendoByNature

Well, the moment I've been waiting for, that's for sure. I'll be traveling during that time, but I'll turn it on and listen in. Seriously, all I want is confirmation whether or not dungeons are in, and if we can do actual fishing.

NintendoByNature

Dpullam

Honestly, I have been trying to avoid spoilers so I can go into The Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom without any knowledge of what to expect beyond the basics, and for that idea alone, I might avoid watching much of the gameplay reveal tomorrow.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

StarPoint

The only thing I really want to know is what the core gameplay experience is about. Obviously, things like dungeons, shrines, crafting, and combat are all important, and I’m sure we’ll see most of those things be answered. But personally, I just want to see what this game’s hook is. Like, we still don’t have the basic idea of what you even do in this game. I’m going to be buying this game and play it day one regardless of what’s shown off tomorrow, but it would be nice to get some answers to what I think are pretty simple questions.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic