Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,067

VoidofLight

@imagazelle Honestly, there's so many things I'm wondering about with this game. The blood moon is one of them, but I'm also wondering what they're doing to justify reusing the same map, while giving us the same sense of exploration that we had in the first game. What they'll do with the gameplay mechanics this time around, and how they'll end up handling the story itself.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Tyranexx

Speaking of the Blood Moon, I wonder if they'll expand why it drives that Hino guy at Dueling Peaks Stable completely nuts. I was hoping there would be a side quest that would address this, but I never found one...unless I missed something.

Currently playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale (Switch), Mole Mania (3DS VC)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

FroZtedFlake

@Tyranexx You didn't miss anything, that guy is crazy nutso. I always thought it'd be a sidequest revealing he was similar to Kilton in that he was part monster or something but nope. Who knows if previous npcs will be back with quest extensions or not, it'd be pretty cool for some of them.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Switch
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

VoidofLight

I kind of hope we get more Zelda NPCs from previous games, like the Happy Mask Salesman and Tingle. Given how we don't know how maps are even working in this game, and the Shiekah Slate is gone, it would be cool to buy maps from Tingle again.

Tyranexx

@FroZtedFlake Same actually. Or that he's a monster in disguise and secretly wants to be human, like Batreaux in Skyward Sword. Alas, Nintendo might just leave Hino for YouTuber speculation videos. XD

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Rambler

@VoidofLight
Maybe Tingle is the embodiment of evil and is actually Ganon's boss?

Rambler

sunny63

@Tyranexx
I actually had a tinfoil-hat theory that when Ganon reappeared, he shot a little bit of Malice all the way to the moon & that's why there's a blood moon. There could be a quest where Link heads up there and destroys it. Seeing how much malice got shot out of the castle, a little bit making it to the moon wouldn't be too strange.
Nothing to do with the guy at the stable but an idea I like nonetheless.

sunny63

Kermit1

@sunny63 Maybe the big new feature is going to the moon/flying!

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

FroZtedFlake

Oh boy
That's a theory if I've ever heard one.

I BET IF YOU GO TO THE MOON YOU CAN COLLECT SOME MAGIC CHEESE

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

FroZtedFlake

When do y'all think we'll see this next since it wasn't at GOTY?
February Direct?

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlake Definitely whenever the next Direct is, most likely February. That is where we will get our E3 2017 trailer if the game doesn't get delayed again.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem Engage
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)
Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS)

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint I don't think we'll get any more delays (don't quote me on that lol) I hope we get an E3 2017 level trailer though. This game looks awesome, but I really need that from the marketing.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

VoidofLight

@FroZtedFlake It’s odd how we haven’t had a full on proper reveal, and yet we got the title and release date drop. I hope it isn’t a bad omen for things to come, like it was for New Horizons when Nintendo barely shared much about it until a month before release.

Tyranexx

@sunny63 I honestly like that idea too. At the very least, I think it would be cool to somehow explore BotW's moon. Maybe in a dream sequence of sorts? In any case, it's clear that Calamity Ganon can affect the moon with his/its abilities.

FroZtedFlake

@VoidofLight I think Nintendo is doing what they normally seem to do with Zelda games and showing very little. I appreciate that but at times it can be worrying, we saw Skyward Sword art like years before the first trailer.
I just want that big reveal soon, at this point if it isn't the February direct (I would bet on it being there) then there are only two possibilities. Delay or Zelda Direct.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

VoidofLight

@FroZtedFlake Given they committed to a date this time, I doubt it'll be delayed. They don't ordinarily give specific dates to games unless they're sure they'll release on that timeframe. The only way it'd get delayed is if something horribly wrong were to happen.

FroZtedFlake

@VoidofLight Those were my thoughts, I think they've delayed it enough and that delay-specific trailer seems like too much for it to get changed again, especially since after that trailer they gave a specific date. I think they're too careful to delay it again.

On another note, has anyone noticed how different these trailers are from most Zelda games? They seem to be leaning more into the mystery. Plus, the fact that they showed off a mysterious evil Ganondorf guy and the sky-world that's very similar to Skyward Sword first really is making me think this game could be much more story-oriented. If you look back at most of the older trailers, they're very much gameplay focused.
Story and lore-expansion are the things I most want more of out of the Zelda series so I'm actually really hoping this is true.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlake I definitely think this game’s story will be a lot more involved. Nintendo seems to be enjoying the drip-feed of smaller reveals, but the overall plot and point of the game is still a complete mystery, even just 5 months away

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem Engage
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)
Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS)

imagazelle

OK, but here's the REAL question about the game: Will they still allow us the option to swap the jump button to B?

That was one of the first changes I made in BotW (along with switching the HUD to "pro" mode, which I also hope they retain an option for). B for jumping just feels so much more natural to me. I'd be curious to see the results of an informal poll on here of how many people made that change as well.

imagazelle

Zilock

My hope for TOTK or the next Zelda is they make puzzles play a much bigger role. My favorite game of all time remains Ocarina of Time and among its many strengths is how fun doing/getting to dungeons was. It was fun getting stuck and figuring out what to do. Subsequent 3D Zeldas couldn't recapture this because the puzzles/progression felt too similar to OOT. And BOTW has, imo, probably the worst puzzles in the series. Sure, the runes were neat but the puzzles that relied on them were easy to the point of being a chore to complete. What I want to see is something like the game the Witness, where there are many challenging puzzles that are interconnected spread across the world. When you inevitably get stuck, you aren't gated out of the critical path as in a linear game, but instead you go elsewhere to do something you can do or find clues help find a solution. Elden Ring did the same thing but for combat. You get stuck on a boss, you go elsewhere and come back even more powerful. Zelda games aren't known for their combat; TOTK shouldn't emulate a Fromsoftware game. It needs to lean into what made Zelda standout from other 3D action games: the puzzles. And make them feel fresh and challenging as they did when I first played OOT.

Zilock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic