Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 3,397

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Ah, right, I wondered which mechanics you meant, thanks.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Henmii

I think we'll get a proper trailer and more information at a special Direct during January or February. I first was expecting at E3, but E3 is in June (I think) while the game is already out in May. Maybe Pikmin 4 will be at E3 2023 (and Metroid Prime 4).

Henmii

VoidofLight

@Henmii I feel it's more likely we'll get info in a normal direct in February.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Henmii

@VoidofLight

But Nintendo needs a big event to market the new Zelda before May, so I definitely see that happening in the form of a Zelda-centered Direct. With Breath of the wild we got plenty of footage at E3, but E3 isn't a option this year since that comes after the release.

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

@Henmii Game specific Directs are a month before launch so if there is a TotK Direct, it'll be in April. It's definitely more likely the next showing of TotK is in a general Direct as a long segment around the middle like this one for Fire Emblem Three Houses (18:37 - 24:20 in the video):

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Henmii

@Grumblevolcano

That might be the case. If so, I still expect some stuff before April. Maybe they will drip-feed stuff like they did with Metroid Dread? That game had reveals during a period almost every week before launch. Ah well, we will see. They will definitely build some hype in some way.

Henmii

imagazelle

Well, we've passed the half-way mark since the release date announcement in the September Direct to the game's actual release. Let's hope these last four months go by just as quickly... It'll help just to have more info on the game, coming (I reckon) in a general Direct next month.

Edited on by imagazelle

imagazelle

ChaoticMagolor

@imagazelle I just saw that on my SwitchBuddy widget. We’re in the final stretch.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

StarPoint

I just saw this tweet from NoE. Pretty sure this means that another delay is practically impossible

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

blindsquirrel

Hopefully the $70 price tag was a mistake, but
I doubt it is. I’m still getting the game as soon as I can, but I’m not really sure about the strategy of increasing prices mid gen.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

I guess we'll definitely be seeing something for this game tomorrow then.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Jeez, that’s ridiculous. Luckily I still have around $60 in eshop cards from christmas, but the increase is still dumb.

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Hopefully some intern just made a mistake. I’m prepared for the worst though.

blindsquirrel

@Grumblevolcano
That pretty much confirms it. This better be one heck of a game, considering the price increase, reusing assets, and the longer development time than BoTW

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic