Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 3,410

FroZtedFlake

@NintendoByNature Same, I really want fishing (even if it's minigame exclusive) to come back. Perhaps certain fish or certain rewards can only be earned through traditional fishing but you can still find rogue fish swimming about
@VoidofLight Their marketing campaign hasn't truly kicked off yet, I wouldn't worry too much. But, I get what you're saying.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

NintendoByNature

@FroZtedFlake with all the waterways, it was a travesty it wasn't something you could do in the 5 hrs of playing. You can craft elixirs, hunt animals, cook food, make fire, utilize korok leaves for sailing..so what gives? Swimming up to a fish and simply pressing 'A' always felt cheap to me.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

VoidofLight wrote:

Honestly, all they have to do is make it to where you can reforge broken weapons, or have a proper durability meter, and I'd be content.

This 100%. While breaking weapons isn't a huge deal (some are easily replaceable if you know where to look, even the good ones) and theoretically makes sense, it was one of the few gripes I had with BotW. I think a happy medium would be this forging idea. For broken or, if we want some challenge, extremely weakened weapons.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

imagazelle

I wonder what kind of equivalent to the blood moon system this game will feature. The blood moon cycle was for memory purging, to replenish the enemies, weapons, etc. around the game world, right? Do you think they'll just reuse the blood moon verbatim, after evil "reawakens", or that there will be a different theme this time around? I can't imagine them abandoning the mechanic altogether with as integral as it was to BOTW's functionality.

Edited on by imagazelle

imagazelle

FroZtedFlake

@imagazelle They'll either just use the blood moon again (or the same thing mechanically). What I personally think is that it'll more likely though is an actual event that the npcs will reference. Maybe some breach where they say a flood of enemies comes through from the past or something (obviously fake scenario) but I'm thinking it'll be more interactable than the blood moon was.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

VoidofLight

@FroZtedFlake Yeah, the marketing campaign hasn't fully kicked off yet. It's just that I wish they'd show a bit more than what they have. So far, it feels more like they're kind of just showing off the same exact stuff we've seen in the first few trailers. I guess that'll change early next year or so.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@imagazelle Honestly, there's so many things I'm wondering about with this game. The blood moon is one of them, but I'm also wondering what they're doing to justify reusing the same map, while giving us the same sense of exploration that we had in the first game. What they'll do with the gameplay mechanics this time around, and how they'll end up handling the story itself.

Tyranexx

Speaking of the Blood Moon, I wonder if they'll expand why it drives that Hino guy at Dueling Peaks Stable completely nuts. I was hoping there would be a side quest that would address this, but I never found one...unless I missed something.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

FroZtedFlake

@Tyranexx You didn't miss anything, that guy is crazy nutso. I always thought it'd be a sidequest revealing he was similar to Kilton in that he was part monster or something but nope. Who knows if previous npcs will be back with quest extensions or not, it'd be pretty cool for some of them.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

VoidofLight

I kind of hope we get more Zelda NPCs from previous games, like the Happy Mask Salesman and Tingle. Given how we don't know how maps are even working in this game, and the Shiekah Slate is gone, it would be cool to buy maps from Tingle again.

Tyranexx

@FroZtedFlake Same actually. Or that he's a monster in disguise and secretly wants to be human, like Batreaux in Skyward Sword. Alas, Nintendo might just leave Hino for YouTuber speculation videos. XD

Rambler

@VoidofLight
Maybe Tingle is the embodiment of evil and is actually Ganon's boss?

Rambler

sunny63

@Tyranexx
I actually had a tinfoil-hat theory that when Ganon reappeared, he shot a little bit of Malice all the way to the moon & that's why there's a blood moon. There could be a quest where Link heads up there and destroys it. Seeing how much malice got shot out of the castle, a little bit making it to the moon wouldn't be too strange.
Nothing to do with the guy at the stable but an idea I like nonetheless.

sunny63

FroZtedFlake

Oh boy
That's a theory if I've ever heard one.

I BET IF YOU GO TO THE MOON YOU CAN COLLECT SOME MAGIC CHEESE

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

FroZtedFlake

When do y'all think we'll see this next since it wasn't at GOTY?
February Direct?

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlake Definitely whenever the next Direct is, most likely February. That is where we will get our E3 2017 trailer if the game doesn't get delayed again.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint I don't think we'll get any more delays (don't quote me on that lol) I hope we get an E3 2017 level trailer though. This game looks awesome, but I really need that from the marketing.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

VoidofLight

@FroZtedFlake It’s odd how we haven’t had a full on proper reveal, and yet we got the title and release date drop. I hope it isn’t a bad omen for things to come, like it was for New Horizons when Nintendo barely shared much about it until a month before release.

Tyranexx

@sunny63 I honestly like that idea too. At the very least, I think it would be cool to somehow explore BotW's moon. Maybe in a dream sequence of sorts? In any case, it's clear that Calamity Ganon can affect the moon with his/its abilities.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic