Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,231

Haru17

@MegaTen It looks like that guy just sucked at the controls. He kept waggling and doing power attacks, so we'll have to see a competent player take the reins. There is definitely some other input for charging spells and power attacks on top of normal attacks, so we'll see. I can't say I'm excited to use the Joy-Con themselves though, those buttons are tiny and they can shift in your hands.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

6ch6ris6

@SLIGEACH_EIRE another example for the incompetence of so called gaming journalists when it comes to actually PLAY a game.
"can you take the boat?"

NO if you really have played skyrim for so long like you are saying in the video then you would know that you CAN NOT take boats in skyrim.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

That's nothing to do with gameplay, they just didn't do their research and showed up to an appointment unprepared. What's needed is journalist stuff, not hardcore gamer stuff.

Ralizah

@MegaTen Oh man, that motion controlled Skyrim video is giving me bad memories of playing games on the Wii. Guess I'll be avoiding them. All I really want is motion controlled aiming, though. I wonder if that can be used with the button controls, like in BotW.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

Well Bethesda clearly has faith in the Switch, there's rumours about Fallout 4 coming to Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JoyBoy

When is this supposed to come out?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

Wasn't November 28th the rumored date?

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Ow really? Not played that either!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano How? FO4 can barely run on the PS4, which is more than twice as powerful as the Switch.

I think they'd be WAY smarter to try and bring some of their older games to the platform. TEW, Wolfenstein: The New Order, New Vegas, etc. I'd be willing to repurchase some of those.

Of course, this all hinges on how well Skyrim sells. If ever there was a test game, that's the one.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JoyBoy

So far my first glances of this game are warriors running after wildlife and failing miserably.

Looks good, really good.

So what are ppls favorite TES games!? I remember liking Morrowind more than Oblivion. (Never played the old ones) I did really like some of the quests of Oblivion but overall I didn't care much for it. I hated the whole portal thing.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Spoony_Tech

I will buy Fallout 3 again in a heartbeat if released. Play3d and beat it but there so many things and ways I could play it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LuckyLand

@Spanjard I love Oblivion it is my favourite but the portals suck you are absolutely right! They were so empty, boring and shallow. The main quest as a whole was by far worse than anything else in that game and portals were probably the worst thing in it.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Haru17

@Ralizah Apparently Fallout 4 runs better on Xbox One than PS4, so it may be a case of the port not the game. I worry about Switch and Breath of the Wild's disappearing boxes though. Fallout 4 is a hugely memory intensive game — that's most of the fun, for the most part items stay where you've left them in this huge open world. You can build windmills and towers and see them as you're walking across the open world back to base in real time.

I would love to play Fallout 3, New Vegas, or Morrowind; but you can't just release Fallout 3 looking like Fallout 3 does in 2018. They would have to time the Switch release with a full remaster for all platforms. Morrowind would even need to be re-recorded because it came out before Bethesda games were fully voiced.

My favorite Bethesda game is of course Skyrim, granted I have literally nothing left to do in it I've played it so much. The improvements in the dungeons from Oblivion feel like going from Persona 4 to Persona 5 to me, and now I can just play them and the various side quests without end. The same goes for the overworld, I think it is still the best open world map ever built by Bethesda (and therefore the best open world generally). Besides being mostly brown Fallout 4's map just felt like there was nothing to do unless you were around buildings, while Skyrim had plenty of caves, shrines, and camps in the wilderness.

Man, I really love this game. Very excited to be able to talk about it with you all as (some of) you're playing it for the first time.

Spoony_Tech

I played Skyrim on the 360 for all of 15 minutes. Didn't want to dive in till I beat Bioshock Infinite but that never happened. That means I'm excited to play this now on the best Nintendo system to date anywhere I want.

Now I really want a Bioshock collection and I need a Fallout and I don't care which at this point as long as it's not older then FO3.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

I dont think a Fallout game will happen on Switch. Id double dip 3, NV and/or 4 in a heartbeat immediately ... skyrim im skipping since i already double dipped it long time ago.
Decent game. But Fallouts > Elder Scrolls

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Qwertyninty

Just hope this does well enough that we can get a doom port... doubt it but a man can dream.

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

KirbyTheVampire

Not a big fan of the Fallout setting. Granted, all I've played is like 20 hours of Fallout 4, but the environment seemed extremely boring. Didn't seem to be much more than a wasteland. That amount of playtime barely scratches the surface for games like that though, so maybe there are non-wasteland areas that I didn't see.

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

@KirbyTheVampire Didn't play FO4 so can't say for sure but the whole point of FO is wastelands. Fallout 3 had one area that was like a dreamland 1950's location in a normal looking town but that's about it.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic