Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 101 to 120 of 334

MarioBrickLayer

@NintendoByNature @Reploid Hopefully Casey Jones and Splinter are also added as playable characters.

I wonder what the original and new dates are? If It was late November and it's now January it's not too big a deal.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Reploid

@MarioBrickLayer Somebody pointed out that the first trailer hinted at April being playable and that if it's any indication, Splinter will be added next.

I kind of think that they had given a non-specific 2021 date knowing that it would most likely be released in 2022. I'm hoping for January but the fact that they still don't have a concrete date makes me think it won't be until later on.

Reploid

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

NintendoByNature

Splinter announced as playable, which I saw coming anyway. Nice to get the confirmation though. Now let's see if we get Casey Jones and maybe even some stuff from the movies like a night watcher outfit.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - You saw it coming now did ya?!? Well, I will now dig back through every post you’ve ever made to see if you called it out loud, and if you didn’t; you gotta leave NL in shame.

Annnyway, Splinter looks cool. He looks like an odd combo of reach with power. Should be pretty useful. He has some kind of scrum clearing special where he projects multiples of himself. I’m guessing all the playable will have some version of this.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

I am knowing of all things tmnt. I practice the art of invisibility. All fathers care for their sons. 10 flips. NOW! And remember..go ninja go ninja go!

yea he looks slick. Like a mix of long range and short melee combat. Raph/Donnie in one. I'm getting too pumped for this game. We have that ign thing where it's going to be showcased. That's coming up pretty soon here.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

Not playing this game is ruining all other games because they’re not this gaem.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee wrote:

Not playing this game is ruining all other games because they’re not this gaem.

You wana name your source?

NintendoByNature

JesseA

This is one of my most anticipated games coming out this year. I hope they have 4 Player online multiplayer. The one thing I didnt like about streets of rage 4.

Heres the link to 9 minutes of footage:

Splinter trailer:

I think splinter will be my main, unless casey jones joins.

JesseA

bimmy-lee

I think it’s four player local and online, yes? I learned everything I know about this game from this thread, and I believe someone confirmed this.

@NintendoByNature - Losermagnet is my source for that one, I don’t mind sharing that here. He posted a reaction vid on this site I know about where people can post videos so that we can all know how to react to the news that we’re still not playing this game. This is how he reacted, so this is how I’m gonna react. I don’t wanna BE like him, I just want people to think I’m like him. Don’t tell anyone.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

Went to a junk shop yesterday and a seller had multiple copies of the entire Eastman/Laird Turtles run, they were cool to see, but pricey, so I bought my daughter Usagi Yojimbo #7 and #8. I’ve been buying sealed wax packs of the Topps Turtles cards from him for a while now, and we have some pretty cool stickers; but the normal cards aren’t very nice. Just single cells from the cartoon, but rarely are they very good cells.

@roy130390 - I’m a Mikey guy because he’s a fun lovin party dude, and I think nunchucks are cool. I also use Donny a lot in the games due to reach. I grew up raging at the NES TMNT game and Donny is crucial in that one to keep enemies at distance, especially in boss fights. It’s such a cheap and infuriating game that a single pixel more in reach can make a huge difference. Leo is great though, double katana blades are fun. What’s better than one sword? Two swords. I’m pretty pumped to try out the non Turtles characters as well. You just know Casey will be there, it’s just a matter of when they show him off.

Yeah man, this and RCG2 will make my entire year in gaming. I just hope they’re spread out far enough from each other that I can devote myself to each game thoroughly. I’m playing through RCG0 right now, it’s fun but old school. I wanna combo and juggle so bad. Bring them on, cowabunga and barf!

limby-bee was a jerk.

NinChocolate

Will it be better than TMNT on GBA? I have doubts.. but maybe

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Haha Donny was pretty much the only way to go on the NES game at least for the average gamer. I also remember that there was an awful aquatic level in which everything you touched damaged you. Thankfully, while I did play that one a I was too young to remember all the emotional scars and most of my memory is from Turtles in Time and the fighting game from the SNES. I get the feeling that Casey might be revealed a bit before the game's release or that it will be one of those secret unlockables, although I'd prefer that they'll leave that for someone unexpected, like Shredder which I guess is really unlikely.

Ah, River city Zero! I haven't bought it yet. Unfortunately it came too close to Elder Ring and some collectables that I bought so I'll wait a bit before getting it. This is probably the most serious Kunio game and I wanted to play it for a while. I even considered emulators but I just can't enjoy gaming on PC that much even with controllers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - Yeah, the electric pink seaweed destroys me while diffusing bombs under a timer at the dam. It’s one of the most disgusting levels in video game history. I’m at the right age where that NES game was an absolute soul crusher. I was lucky to get a game a year back then, and when one was disappointing; it was really depressing. Needless to say, doubly crushing when it was a Turtles game. The first level I made in Mario Maker was a ridiculously hard swimming level that was an homage to the crap dam level, but it got taken down because I put Shredder in the title.

Speaking of, he’d be my top pick for an unlockable character. It’s not the most imaginative pick, but I would love to shred with him. I don’t like playing games on PC either, never really have except for messing around with Doom, Duke, and the Chex Mix game. Maybe a couple others.

I’d recommend RCG0 in a sale. It’s fun, but I mentioned it’s old school. The punching is excellent, and it’s very fulfilling to ground and pound someone Double Dragon style. There are some neat set pieces, like fighting on a Ferris wheel, and some motorcycle segments. The story is good, the sprites are totally different from other Kunio games, and Kunio himself is especially prickly in this one. Overall, I’ll be thrilled to have RCG0-2 on my Switch, but 0 is just a snack compared to the modern games.

Have you gotten the Kunio/DD collection on Switch? It’s a real nice collection if you’re into old games. First time the RCR sequel has been available in English, and some of the sports games are really good. I’ve always been a big fan of Super Dodge Ball. Played it endlessly as a kid. I need to play more of the collection, there’s just so many games in my backlog. The RCR sequel is tough as nails. I still haven’t cleared it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee That's good to know about RCG0. I just pre-ordered my copy from Limited Run Games this week so it will be awhile till I get it.

I have always enjoyed the Kunio games ever since I was a kid. At the time of course I didn't know they were connected especially since they never kept the names the same through the series. I still fire up my NES from time to time for a round of Nintendo World Cup.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - You’ll be right at home with RCG0 then. I bet it’ll be a really cool physical release. There’s more to like about it if you’ve been a long time Kunio fan. So funny how they seemed to go out of their way to disassociate the games from each other in the West. I have no idea when I finally realized they were all connected, probably sometime after the internet came around, haha. I just always thought it was weird how the characters from RCR looked just like the guys from Super Dodge ball who looked just like the people in World Cup and so on. Bizarre. Hope you enjoy it when you get your hands on it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

I'm hoping there's some unlockable outfits as well. Give me angry movie raph in a trench coat and fedora. Or perhaps samurai warrior turtle from the 3rd horrible movie. Give me all of it.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee I was the same way. I first was introduced to the Kunio series with River City Ransom. I actually rented Renegade when I first got my NES but didn't know it was a Kunio game. Then I saw a preview of Nintendo World Cup in Nintendo Power and because of similarities in the character art I knew it was made by the same company but didn't think of them in the same series if that makes sense. Then a few months after I played Nintendo World Cup my brother borrowed Super Dodge Ball from a classmate of his and again we noticed the similarities. Finally when Crash N The Boys came about I was a fan of the company. It was till I learned that when Crash N the Boys Ice Challenge was announced that they were all part of the same series since, Crash N the Boys was the localized name of the series and characters.

But yeah totally bizarre that they didn't acknowledge it as a Series from Japan until the Crash N the Boys games.

I honestly didn't learn that the series was called Kunio untill the earlier days of emulation when I was looking at ROM sites and they had pictures of the games with their names. Then that's when I first saw that there was a basketball game the never made it to the states as well as the order of which the games go in.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - If Cryme Tyme and Vanilla Ice aren’t in this game, I’ll ask for a refund on the spot. Period. Bottom line. I will tell Nintendo that if I can’t play as Pizza Hut, then I will not play AT ALL!

@Tasuki - Maaaan, I had pretty much THAT experience. So funny! I know exactly what you mean about seeing the characters and knowing they were made by the same company. Every time I saw Kunio (whatever he was named in the game, I still think of him as Sam because of SDB) or any of the other characters, I didn’t think of them as being connected in any way; I just knew I would probably like the game because I liked all the other games from the company that worked in that art style, haha. What a time to be alive. We must be pretty close in age.

I remember playing Renegade at my cousin’s house and just getting rolled repeatedly in that first section in the subway. It took multiple rentals to clear that first stage. RCR was a huge step forward, the AI was still tough, but upgrading the offense and healing items and trips to the spa (complete with 8-bit butt cheeks) made all the difference.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic