Forums

Topic: Switch's Momentum going into the Holidays - 2018-19

Posts 21 to 25 of 25

D3adPool

Investors have been freaking out ever since Nintendo's somewhat lackluster E3. That's nothing new. Investors will freak out over the smallest things.

With that being said, year 2 was not as good as year 1 in terms of quality. I guess that's subjective, but in my opinion it's hard to top year 1's Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. That's not even counting Splatoon 2 or them sneaking in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at the end of the year, both of which may have a bit of a niche following but are solid games and pretty popular in their own right.

I would argue that year 2 did have a bit more quantity of games, though. Yes, there were a lot of indies, but we also had some third party games that no one really talks about. So maybe we didn't have the huge heavy hitters from Nintendo, but I still consider this a solid year especially when considering the Wii U atrocity after it's first year.

I think Smash Bros. will still be pretty big for hardware sales. Christmas isn't here yet, and not everyone is going to buy a Switch on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Even if they don't hit their target at the end of their fiscal year, I expect next year to be huge for Nintendo. If they do Pokemon right next year (ala the way they did Breath of the Wild), I think it will really be huge for sales of the console.

TL;DR: In the words of Aaron Rodgers: R-E-L-A-X.

Edited on by D3adPool

D3adPool

GrailUK

Some of this analyst talk sounds like blatant propaganda to drive U.S. branded hardware (not to mention any Microsofts err I mean names) in order to protect their own investments (because the way they talk about Japanese companies is cluelessly trying to fit a square block in their established triangular holes!)

It's so loaded that all I have is conspiracy theories to explain them lol!

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Cobalt I know right!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic