Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,401 to 9,420 of 9,487

ophone

I ask here as well:
#Drive is currently up for pre-order at LRG.
Is that game any good? I fancy the small European cars from the 70s and 80s the game's got its inspiration from.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.
Currently on Asterix & Obelix: Slap them all!

Miadaskate

The only way to get Fatal Frame physically is to import from Play-Asia? Gotta say that’s annoying.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
That's become highly typical of Koei Tecmo games, JP/ASIA region releases only with English language support.

There are options for buying import stock domestically though.
In the UK, I sometimes use Bazaar-Bazaar.
https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/collections/nintendo
And for US and Canada there's Video Games Plus.
https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/nintendo-switch-pre-orders
The prices are usually inclusive of what it costs to import the stock, but you'll only pay domestic shipping with no import charges to surprise you.

RupeeClock

Belexes

I was all set to buy Huntdown on NA Amazon this week and now no release date. Anyone have the scoop?

Belexes

Belexes

@RupeeClock Likely a late Nov release in the States. Thanks for your update.

Belexes

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
That's become highly typical of Koei Tecmo games, JP/ASIA region releases only with English language support.

There are options for buying import stock domestically though.
In the UK, I sometimes use Bazaar-Bazaar.
https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/collections/nintendo
And for US and Canada there's Video Games Plus.
https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/nintendo-switch-pre-orders
The prices are usually inclusive of what it costs to import the stock, but you'll only pay domestic shipping with no import charges to surprise you.

Thanks. I’ll have to think about it!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

GTA Trilogy, Crystar, and Grow are up on AmazonNA.

Switch Physical Collection - 834 games (as of November 18th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

RupeeClock

So Paprium is getting a Switch port with promised physical release, among other platforms including Steam, PS4/PS5, and Dreamcast.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/paprium-the-16...
This shouldn't be as risky an investment as the Megadrive release considering it's a port of an already complete software, though they are delivering more than just ports with a new Mini-Paprium being developed for Gamegear.
They claim Paprium's development was troubled because Paypal held their funds hostage, so Kickstarter should resolve that.

Super Rare Games are also doing their first "Super Rare Shorts" release this month, using an open pre-order system instead of manufacturing a set number of copies to sell nearly immediately.

The title itself isn't yet announced, but as a reminder, the scheme is these games will not have a digital release on Switch, but they'll be available digitally on itch.io.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Pix'n Love Publishing are doing an EU release of Blazing Chrome.

This is good if you missed the LRG release of the game.
Not sure what the situation of updates on cart is with the LRG release, but this release will almost certainly be all updates on cart if applicable.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

GrailUK

@RupeeClock I wasn't aware this game got any updates. Hmm...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RupeeClock

Okay, so the LRG release of Blazing Chrome has ver 1.0.2 on the cartridge.
It can receive an update to ver 1.0.3. I have no idea what's in that update but means the LRG release isn't data complete.

So, yeah if you want a data complete release of Blazing Chrome get the Pix'n Love Publishing release probably? I imagine the update is only minor fixes but not certain.

RupeeClock

ophone

@RupeeClock
Concerning Paprium I'm still waiting on my copy for the Mega Drive.
I've put a pre-order on the 2nd batch.

Not very serious the whole thing.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.
Currently on Asterix & Obelix: Slap them all!

RupeeClock

@ophone I'd contact Watermelon regarding that, they may be able to help you?
Do it via Twitter, they've responsive atm.

RupeeClock

X-Slayer

Does anyone know if the physical version of Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is available? I was going to buy it digitally, but I’m trying to buy MH Stories 2 and if I may have to buy it digitally if it became (if not already) too hard to find. Which may be a problem for my 4 to 5GB space left on my Micro SD Card.

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Pokémon Y (rarely)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (rarely)

RupeeClock

Premium Edition Games held a presentation last night, confirming some new physical releases and pre-order windows.

• A Robot Named Fight retro and deluxe editions should be shipping soon
  • All Series 3 titles will have open pre-orders go live November 16th for 4 weeks, with 500 Retro Editions available for each title
  • Series 3 includes Cathedral, Phoenotopia Awakening, and Mighty Fight Federation
  • Phoenotopia Awakening is a pixel-aesthetic Metroidvania that reviewed very well with Nintendolife.
  • Mighty Fight Federation is a Powerstone style fighter which will include what's probably the latest updates which includes guest characters and stages such as Yooka & Laylee, Toe-Jam & Earl, Miriam from Bloodstained series, and Kunio and Riki from the River City series.
  • A reminder about Sunshine Anthology, which will be a 2-in-1 package with Camp Sunshine and Sunshine Manor, the latter is undergoing porting and localisation
  • No deluxe editions were announced for this series

Standard editions typically consist of the packaged game with a slip cover, manual, and challenge card, where the retro edition also includes a CD soundtrack, packaged in a retro box.
The retro edition for Cathedrawl also includes a hand-drawn guide.
The retro edition for Phoenotopia also includes a chibi keychain
The retro edition for Mighty Fight Federation also includes a set of trading cards.

In my opinion this is a really solid showing, Premium Edition Games are wrangling some much better titles now, with Phoenotopia being the one I'm most looking forward to.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I am suspecting a slipcover, so it still may have the original artwork.

Unsure which version I want myself, as I will still probably make a cover for it to reflect the NTSC style of spine amongst other things.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic