Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,401 to 9,420 of 11,401

RupeeClock

@ophone I'd contact Watermelon regarding that, they may be able to help you?
Do it via Twitter, they've responsive atm.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Premium Edition Games held a presentation last night, confirming some new physical releases and pre-order windows.

• A Robot Named Fight retro and deluxe editions should be shipping soon
  • All Series 3 titles will have open pre-orders go live November 16th for 4 weeks, with 500 Retro Editions available for each title
  • Series 3 includes Cathedral, Phoenotopia Awakening, and Mighty Fight Federation
  • Phoenotopia Awakening is a pixel-aesthetic Metroidvania that reviewed very well with Nintendolife.
  • Mighty Fight Federation is a Powerstone style fighter which will include what's probably the latest updates which includes guest characters and stages such as Yooka & Laylee, Toe-Jam & Earl, Miriam from Bloodstained series, and Kunio and Riki from the River City series.
  • A reminder about Sunshine Anthology, which will be a 2-in-1 package with Camp Sunshine and Sunshine Manor, the latter is undergoing porting and localisation
  • No deluxe editions were announced for this series

Standard editions typically consist of the packaged game with a slip cover, manual, and challenge card, where the retro edition also includes a CD soundtrack, packaged in a retro box.
The retro edition for Cathedrawl also includes a hand-drawn guide.
The retro edition for Phoenotopia also includes a chibi keychain
The retro edition for Mighty Fight Federation also includes a set of trading cards.

In my opinion this is a really solid showing, Premium Edition Games are wrangling some much better titles now, with Phoenotopia being the one I'm most looking forward to.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I am suspecting a slipcover, so it still may have the original artwork.

Unsure which version I want myself, as I will still probably make a cover for it to reflect the NTSC style of spine amongst other things.

Paraka

Paraka

A little off-topic here, but when I was buying my LRG games and get up to date, I noticed they're doing an open pre-order for Worms Armageddon for the N64 and GBC.

I mulled that over a bit in my head and thought how clever that has got to be. Retro reproductions may be a huge thing post physical media going forward. And with games like WA mentioned (where a loose cart is over 200 USD), this can recalibrate the collectors' demand for such games. Imagine Nintendo going back on season and just release classic games every now and again. Not just Classics now, but even the Switch in years forward. Something feels at ease with such an idea.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka I would have thought at some point they could make a Selects series where the games are reduced and have all the updates on the card. Obviously, the Switch hasn't had a price drop and games are continuing to be ever green so yeah...bit of a wait maybe.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Paraka

@GrailUK - I wasn't talking about "selects," just the future of physical games in general.

Like the Switch isn't entirely out of the picture even if Nintendo stops supporting it. And Nintendo could consider making small batches of their older games to play on their older consoles, which would include Switch eventually.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Oh, interesting idea.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RupeeClock

So some alarming details about the physical release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have emerged, thanks to leaks.
First is that the game card only holds around 4.6GB of data for a game advertised as a 10GB download.
Booting the game has a barebones title screen and more content is expected to be missing.
Second is that the ROMs for the game cards appear to be identical, with a flag in the header determining which version will be played. Modders are capable of switch this flag to play either version.

This means for anyone getting the double pack, you're getting the same highly incomplete data twice, and might even need to download redundant data if you want to play both versions.

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

RupeeClock wrote:

So some alarming details about the physical release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have emerged, thanks to leaks.
First is that the game card only holds around 4.6GB of data for a game advertised as a 10GB download.
Booting the game has a barebones title screen and more content is expected to be missing.
Second is that the ROMs for the game cards appear to be identical, with a flag in the header determining which version will be played. Modders are capable of switch this flag to play either version.

This means for anyone getting the double pack, you're getting the same highly incomplete data twice, and might even need to download redundant data if you want to play both versions.

Thank you for that. I will not be buying it at launch for sure now! I will wait patiently as I waited for Sword and Shield + Exp. Pass. Otherwise it is not worth it. Especially for the asking price of 60$!

I really hope for more people to wake up!

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
I agree, it's a terrible practice and shouldn't be rewarded.
Unfortunately I'll still be getting the game for myself, but knowing that they will more than likely print future copies that are content complete, it stinks.

RupeeClock

Anti-Matter

@RupeeClock
Another 10 GB for Pokemon BDSP patch and update ?? 😲
Yikes....
Even for me as casual gamer, that sounds very unappealing to hear a kid games got 10 GB to patch.
I will pending the purchase of Pokemon BDSP until i hear the clarification.

Anti-Matter

arnoldfranklin

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger HD is going to be physical.
Also, there is one with Ty 1 HD and Ty 2 HD in one pack.

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

RupeeClock

@arnoldfranklin
Isn't this old news?
I have my physical copy of Ty 1 HD already.
And the pack with Ty 1 + 2 in it, the second game would be a download code unfortunately, which is why I didn't get that version.

Unless you're saying there's more news about it, that Ty 2 is getting a proper physical release?

RupeeClock

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

@RupeeClock

Thanks for the heads up.

Preorder cancelled.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

arnoldfranklin

@RupeeClock Oh, so that's what that is but okay. No, the second doesn't have a physical release and I didn't know it was a download code.

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

RupeeClock

Strictly Limited Games's next partner store sale is a limited print of Cotton Fantasy.
https://us16.campaign-archive.com/?e=caa516146f&u=2c41ac5...
This is the EU Region release of Cotton Rock 'n' Roll, which is something I've already ordered and am still waiting on.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/cotton-rock-...

Super Rare Games are also revealing their first "Super Rare Shorts" release in a couple of hours, at 6pm UK time.
It's a title developed by devs who made Itta, and will be an open pre-order system instead.
"Super Rare Shorts" are different in that they will be physical exclusive releases at least on Switch, but the games will remain digitally available on PC via itch.io.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic