Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,861 to 10,880 of 11,398

Teksetter

@RupeeClock
I was surprised, too! Eschatos has a relatively low print quantity, and I would not have expected there to be 65% of Switch standard edition stock remaining this morning. I figured surely between the shmup fans in the West and in Japan this game would sell out quickly. I've never played it, but footage I've seen looks great, and I remember Shmup Junkie gave Eschatos a glowing recommendation on his YouTube channel.

Maybe you're right and the slow sales could be a sign of Switch trepidation, what with a successor system sure to be announced (if not on sale) within the next year. I think shoppers could be displeased with SLG over the recent Irem Collection series, too - it's so pricey and spread out!
Or maybe everyone is just playing Zelda at the moment?

Edited on by Teksetter

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Magician

Elderand is getting a physical release via Graffiti Games in Europe.

Batora is getting a physical release via LRG.

And it looks like LRG have locked up the Murican release for Batsugun Saturn Tribute?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ElRoberico

If anyone else is massively hyped for the physical release of Lord Winklebottom Investigates, GameStop is listing it as September 15.

Also, is anyone else hyped for Mail Mole?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Paraka

Well, my wife thought to time my 1500th Switch game well enougj to make it a massive celebration about it.

Before my LRG came in last night, I was greeted with not only a copy of Tears of the Kingdom, but also the limited edition AND the OLED.

May she never divorce me, she is an absolute treasure.
@ElRoberico - Mail Mole is definitely on my radar simply for being a 3D platformer, we get few of those at all, let alone one that plays solidly.

Only grief I had was that you don't get to "see" the character you're playing as with the majority of his presence being underground the entire game.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

ElRoberico

@Paraka I agree. Everything's just a bunch of 2D platformers or Metroidvanias instead of 3D platformers, and outside of Nintendo, they seem to be pretty mediocre.

Paraka

@ElRoberico - Honestly, at this point, I'd be perfectly content to have a "mediocre" platformer that didn't have a glaring flaw or bug in their games.

I wanted so badly for Clive & Wrench to scratch that itch, but it couldn't even compare to Vexx. A 3D platformer from 2005.

Only really good one I have experience recently was Lunistice. And it was more like Crash than a traditional 3D free roam platformer like Mario, BK amd Lucky's Tale.

Paraka

ElRoberico

@Paraka how is Lucky's Tale? It looks cute and like a lot of fun.

And yeah, if the reviews for Clive and Wrench were much better, I'd bite. I'm trying to find a physical copy of A Hat in Time as well.

Magician

@NeonPizza No interest int he Curse of the Moon 1 & 2 double pack out of Japan?

https://www.play-asia.com/bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-chro...

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@ElRoberico - Lucky's Tale is good. Not the greatest, but it satisfies. Probably the only real notable platformer in recent memory.

Though, it is easy.

Paraka

Magician

Previously Europe-only, Mayhem Brawler is getting a Murican release.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/mayhem-brawler/5040226

Magician

Days of Doom is getting a physical release in Murica.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/days-of-doom/5040248

Previously Europe-only (a week ago, see my earlier post) Elderand now has a Murican release.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/elderland/5040247

And Stonefly is the next physical release from Tesura.

Meh

https://opencritic.com/game/11465/stonefly

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Bunkerneath

Just received Wavetale from Super Rare Games, but also included with this was the updated Hell Pie cartridge, so might get round to that soon.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

Traded copies of Undernauts, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 0, Mato Anomalies, and Monark for a new copy of Super Mega Baseball 4. After playing one exhibition game in SMB4 I am very happy with this exchange.

MarioBrickLayer

@NeonPizza Some take longer. I ordered the Steelbook edition of Doom Eternal in September and it's still in production. I am thinking about ordering Alien Isolation though, but i'm not expecting to receive it this year.

MarioBrickLayer

Paraka

@NeonPizza - This happens due to LRG's new open pre-order approach. The games in question don't even go into a lot print til after the orders are made, then that goes into production, often taking a while if the QA of said games don't meet the lot check of functionality.

If they had made the production before hand, you'd likely get it after the games sold out. However, the caveat is that the games are limited moreso in quantity. Most ranging from 8-10 thousand more than the usual pre-print. Which is beneficial for those that can get the game, but also extra beneficial to those that get ten to twelve of said game. Scalping becomes absolutely more desirable.

Paraka

MulderYuffie

I hope Lisa Definitive Edition gets a physical release at somepoint

MulderYuffie

Magician

Dang, Red Art Games are going in hard on Shinorubi, offering three different physical variants.

Standard, Deluxe, and Pink Editions.

I dig the cover art, very nice. But uh, yeah, the game looks like blissful sensory overload.

And we've got a glimpse at the physical release for My Time at Sandrock.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Magician

NIS America will begin delisting digital games.

Grab copies of The Lost Child and God Wars before they become physical-only and prices go up.

Paraka

@Hamstrman - NIS does not own either IP, nor do they own the developers that make these games in any way, shape, or form. So usually, unless a contract states otherwise (like relinquishment of property), after a publishing deal is done, the rights are then transferred back to the rightful owners.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic