Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,881 to 10,900 of 11,401

Magician

Yes yes YES!

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Kirbo100

@Magician P5 Tactica was also confirmed for a physical by the same retailer. The same retailer doesn't have a Switch port for Metaphor ReFantazio though, so I imagine it's skipping Switch.

Kirbo100

Magician

Funbox, continuing to do God's work for the pervy erotic fans.

Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Bunkerneath

Damn it, Cursed to Golf is coming out as a Limited Run:

I want that game, but do I want to wait for a year for it? And pay ridiculous postage

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

It took a couple weeks, but Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania is finally up for preorder on AmazonNA.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C75NWQ28

Edited on by Magician

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician Is Dead Cells complete on the cart with that version? Well up to this point, no doubt there will be another 60 DLC's before they've finished with the game!!

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer I assume it'll be the same cartridge as the Signature Edition.

Hamstrman

@MarioBrickLayer well yeah but they said they're going to add content to the game through 2025, so it's already been made obsolete, as someone else here pointed out.

I was so excited after waiting all these years to get the game (mainly because its difficulty scares me), to be rewarded with years more of DLC on cart. Only to find out a week later it's far from complete.

Should I be waiting another two years for the "finally done we promise edition?"

Hamstrman

RupeeClock

@Hamstrman
Licensing might get hairy, future prints might not include the Castlevania DLC.
It's also just nice to have a version that is prominently Castlevania themed.

RupeeClock

Hamstrman

RupeeClock wrote:

@Hamstrman
Licensing might get hairy, future prints might not include the Castlevania DLC.
It's also just nice to have a version that is prominently Castlevania themed.

I mean, I just want a version with the entire game on it. Could they seriously lose the right to publish their own game content? Wouldn't that require them to remove the DLC from the game entirely if they lose the right to publish it? I actually have no idea. Hearing they would lose the right at all has me confused.

Hamstrman

RupeeClock

@Hamstrman
Licensing has meant that entire games get pulled from digital storefronts, and licenses for distribution can expire.
It might mean that Motion Twin at a certain point in the future can no longer sell the Castlevania DLC, but can maintain it as part of their digital package for people who purchased it in a given time period.

Although, it's also possible that Motion Twin and Konami reached a license agreement that Castlevania content will be available forever without threat of expiration or retraction. The issue is these licensing agreements aren't known to the public.

It's just another reason why having physical copies of games is so important.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Licensed games and content are a huge reason physical media is important for gamers (or should be). As well as the reason a lot of good games never get revisited, such as the Batman Arkham series.

Licensing is a cautious, amd lengthy procedure the larger the companies are. Expect the same with Power Wash Simulator and others.

Paraka

Magician

@WaveBoy None that I'm aware of.

Magician

Mugen Souls Z (the sequel to Mugen Souls) is opening for preorder on P-A later this week.

P.S. - Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown has been listed on Gamefly.

Physical release coming in Murica...at the very least.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/prince-of-persia-the-lost-crown/...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Red Art Games have opted to release Ruggnar.

It doesn't appear to be a bad platformer. A bit uninspired...perhaps.

ElRoberico

I know they were just announced, but has there been any info on Pikmin and Pikmin 2 HD getting physical releases? I have both on Wii, so I'm not complaining if they don't get them.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

RupeeClock

@ElRoberico
Definitely keep an eye on My Nintendo Store in the coming hours, they tend to update with listings with stuff from the Nintendo Direct.

I'd be surprised if the Pikmin 1 and 2 HD ports don't get a physical like with Metroid Prime Remastered.
They didn't give us many details about Pikmin at all, whether or not they'd be based on the "new play control" versions released on Wii, etc.

RupeeClock

ElRoberico

@RupeeClock They were confirmed in the UK Direct for September 22 apparently. No idea about the price. Hopefully, they have both control styles.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic