Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,641 to 10,660 of 11,409

MarioBrickLayer

@Bunkerneath How do you decide which games to buy? Personally I only buy games I plan to open and play. I have toyed with the idea of collecting games for a system in the past but not really taken it seriously, so I see the Switch as my chance to have a decent collection that I can play for years to come. This year I am trying to start and finish one game per month (Jan = Nier Automate, Feb = Gunborg, March = Metroid Prime Remaster) so I'm also buying games now I won't play this year.

MarioBrickLayer

Bunkerneath

@MarioBrickLayer I only buy games I am going to play, and I try never to buy digital (think I only have 3 digital games on my switch - one which is Hollow Knight which i got physical later)

Here's my collection from September as separate cartridge boxes and then stuffed in my cupboard:

I did forget to put Octopath Traveller in there, as it was in its own collectors edition in a different part of my house.

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
Are you asking about We Love Katamari, or Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster?

For Katamari, I've been checking other places like Amazon UK and 365 games, and they don't list it.
Game UK's listing specifically mentions it's a UK retail and online exclusive, but for outside of the UK I wouldn't really know.

For Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster, I think the PEGI release may've been exclusive to Square Enix's site, making the Asia English release one of the few ways people can get a physical game from Square Enix; yet again. That happens a shocking amount with their retro re-releases of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
Right now, Play-Asia's listing seems like the best bet.
In the past, I've used Bazaar-Bazaar.com to buy import stock that ships domestically from the UK, but they have a sister site for EU customers that too lists import stock.
https://bazaar-bazaar.eu/collections/nintendo
They're a very small scale operation anyway, they might import a small amount of FF Pixel Remaster stock.

RupeeClock

Magician

Announcements of the western release of Moon and Earth Night from LRG.

Cozy Grove from iam8bit.

I already have a Japanese copy of Moon, so that's a pass. But I will take a copy of Cozy Grove.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

@MarioBrickLayer Thank you!

On another note, I just got email from my retailer that Mortal Shell - Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch) has been delayed by a month. The new delivery date is 24.03.2023 I do not know if this is worldwide or just local.

I got it bundled with Metroid Dread so that blows but I have so many games to play until then

Obs

@RupeeClock They have confirmed they are getting some stock but no price yet. I can't comment on their EU prices but Bazaar is definitely the place to go for people in the UK I've used them for many years now and they are usually cheaper than PlayAsia or at least match it on price for everything I've bought and their stock is in the UK so 1-2 days delivery time.

Obs

RupeeClock

@Obs That's good to hear! I'll keep an eye out not for myself, but for someone else that will likely want a copy of FF Pixel Remaster.
I'm usually quick to snap up physical games when I see a listing, such as with Super Retro Platformer Collection or Aviary Attorney. I ordered these on Play-Asia, but they are now also listed on Bazaar-Bazaar.

RupeeClock

Magician

Word is Front Mission 1st is up on AmazonNA. I can't be bothered to go find and post the link because...I don't care. I just have very little appreciation for Forever Entertainment. Everything they publish is...serviceable at best.

I figure we should be hearing about Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Remake from them later this year, but it's difficult to be enthusiastic.

Every time I think of Panzer Dragoon Saga I get a little bit melancholy. It's one of the best action/rpg games too few people have played. I'm always torn between either PDS or Skies of Arcadia as the game that needs a remaster or remake most desperately. At least SoA is more readily available on other platforms.

PDS...not so much.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ElRoberico

I literally bought Cozy Grove on Friday. Man, today is the worst.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

ElRoberico

@Magician I would give so, so much to see Panzer Dragoon Saga live on something other than the Saturn.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

Ocean's Heart coming from LRG.

golf clap

A better Zelda-clone than Airoheart, imo.

P.S. - Dredge and The Knight Witch are up on AmazonNA.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - The style os Skies of Arcadia is plenty serviceable that a remaster is all it needs.

Remakes risk removing the experiences you once had. I am cautious about them.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka I would be content with an HD remaster for Skies of Arcadia.

It's hard to believe the game's producer, Rieko Kodama, died almost a year ago now.

On a side note.

Previously a physical exclusive to Europe, Mail Mole is getting a Murican release.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0557/5868/4333/products/Mai...

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic