Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,621 to 10,640 of 11,401

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Team 17 will be publishing The Knight Witch physically.

Umm...sure, why not. The aggregate scores mention it's a bullet-hell of sorts.

I'm...more than a little interested...I suppose.

https://opencritic.com/game/14043/the-knight-witch

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Just browsing the current Japanese release schedule and noticed that Ghost Trick as well as all three Level-5 games are getting physical releases in Japan later this year. No word on English support as yet though. I assume Ghost Trick will, as most Capcom Japanese physical releases do, expect for Monster Hunter Double Cross and one or two others.

The Level-5 games? Most likely not. Do not waste your money preordering Japanese copies of Fantasy Life i, Deca Police, or Professor Layton if you don't speak the language. Who wants to hold their phone up to their Switch to use a translation app? I sure don't.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/#switch

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I'm highly interested in getting Ghost Trick physical. The original DS game is phenomenal and I still own it, and remember many of the major twists and turns. All the same, I'd love to replay it on Switch.
Japanese Capcom releases do like to be multi-language, particularly when they are re-releases of previous games.
The Ace Attorney trilogy on DS was a famous example of this; they were the first time that those games were available in English in any market, so they became a popular import item and helped develop the series popularity internationally.
It's still a shame that the 3DS Ace Attorney titles never got international physical releases, and that the Japanese market releases were not multi-language by matter of being their first releases.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock Same here. Ghost Trick was a game I missed when it originally released. I hear it's basically Final Destination The Video Game? Sounds pretty cool.

On another note, I just placed my next import order. NeverAwake is the focal point to the order. As well as Sophstar. Much to my surprise, Sophstar sold through at Red Art Game's online store, I had waited too long to order a copy. So I'm hoping P-A's allotment won't be lost in transit.

Edit: P.S. - LRG will be distributing Skelattack physically.

The worst Konami-published game of recent memory as a numbered LRG release?

Ugh. Why couldn't we get GetsuFumaDen instead?

Or Castlevania Advance Collection?

Edited on by Magician

Teksetter

@Magician
For sure, I’d take either GetsuFumaDen or Castlevania Advance in a heartbeat, over Skelattack. At least LRG finally started shipping the Contra Collection, though.

NeverAwake looked like an intriguing shoot’emup - like Little Nightmares crossed with Forgotten Worlds - so I too have it in transit from P-A.

I also splurged and preordered the physical Etrian Odyssey I/II/III from Amazon JP today. I speak/read Japanese so the probable lack of English didn’t bother me. It just looks like a fun set of games I wanted to get physically. With my luck now, they’ll announce a cheaper Western release. You can thank me later! 😄

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Magician

Tales of Symphonia reviews are out. Evidently the Switch version is officially the worst version of the game. I'll be promptly cancelling my preorder. I try not to support sloppy efforts.

ElRoberico

@Magician It's so weird how Bandi Namco will do insanely good work with like Katamari, which is like the nichiest of niche, and then just not care with something like Tales of Symphonia, which could have been bigger.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

Aksys Games will be publishing Spooky Spirit Shooting Gallery physically.

Umm...

....okay.

Paraka

@ElRoberico - And Katamari needs some good QoL improvementa too, which Namco so proudly covered (controls were finnicky for Damacy on the original release).

And ToS didn't really have such flaws. All it had to do is be the same, but in HD.

And they goofed it.

Paraka

ElRoberico

@Paraka I do think that there were some potential issues that held the ToS remaster back, but I do agree that they could have done more for the price. It doesn't help that Metroid Prime Remastered came out of nowhere the week before ToS.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Paraka

@ElRoberico - But they are two different games, though. It wpuld been more impactful if Nintendo dropped Paper Mario 64 remaster at the same time. The two shouldn't really be cannibalizing each other that much.

Though with the problems the Switch one has, may make Persona games sell more.

Paraka

Magician

I should be crossing over 1,100 games in the Switch collection today with a pair of deliveries after work. There are other members around these parts with bigger collections than mine, but I'm constantly trimming the fat off my collection. I've probably sluffed off roughly 300 games over the past six years. Games I would never play again for one reason or another.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - I am nearing 1400 as of this writing. Only count the ones on-hand and been actively selling off any that require downloads to even play.

As for "bad games," I have a habbit of using them for observations for one reason or another. Plus it's been a boon to a friend using gameplay for his podcast videos. Sodropping mine may not be as worth it to me.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Dimjimmer Fantastic, I'll be adding that to one of my orders.
Pretty damn pricey though, £65.

RupeeClock

Bunkerneath

@Dimjimmer Wow, that is not cheap, but for 6 games...hmm, damn it I might have to do this.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

RupeeClock

@Bunkerneath
The retail price is probably supposed to reflect the combined price of all the digital titles, but it could also just be Square Enix over-charging for what's meant to be a collectible item.

On their UK store, they were already charging £64.99 for the standard version, and £244.99 for a collector's edition.
https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/en_GB/product/810837/f...
Which annoyingly, they shadow dropped very early on a Sunday morning because it was the series anniversary.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic