Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,201 to 4,220 of 4,508

TheFrenchiestFry

The Geno ship has long sailed imo

Considering Sakurai has mostly used Mii Fighters to get characters in the game who had were longstanding requests like Dragonborn, Dante and Shantae, he probably put Geno in that same camp as well

I'm honestly convinced at this point DOOM Marine or Slayer is showing up somewhere. There's way too many coincidences that point to anything otherwise. At least a Mii costume for Gunner

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Losermagnet

My brain always wants to connect a new fighter to a new game release, and it never happens that way with these DLC fighters. In spite of that, I'm thinking it'll be Metroid Dread. I'd be okay with Doomguy, even if he seems incongruous with the rest of the cast. Have there been some hints that it would be him?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

SKTTR

Blooper987 wrote:

It seems that the second fighters pass has been mostly Sakurai adding more characters he either was going to add or had plans fall through for previously. This could mean the last character will be another one who was talked about at one point. Ayumi and the Chorus Kids come to mind.

I can see that. Makes sense.

If the next fighter is really the last one Nintendo would end it on a first party character, or at least a game that is published and promoted by Nintendo. On Wii U it was Bayonetta, on Switch it could be something like Shin Megami Tensei V.

ARMS, Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Tekken were all more or less predictable.
But now speculation has reached its peak because there's nothing to reference anymore. All old Mii costumes are re-released, many popular characters have been deconfirmed, and all obvious fighters are out.

The last one will be a huge surprise, however it's more likely that it's not a 3rd party character.

At this point I'd really go with someone like Ayumi Tachibana (from Famicom Detective Club which recently came out on Switch) or Chorus Kids from Rhythm Paradise. Those have been in consideration/development for quite some time. Alex from Advance Wars would also make sense now with Re-Boot Camp coming out in December. I love the idea to get a Nintendo first party character that has no fighter representation. I personally would love Chibi-Robo and Sin and Punishment, because in my opinion that are 2 of Nintendo's best games. That's why I would be totally fine with Golden Sun Isaac.

I just hope it's not another Fire Emblem or Pokémon character. Don't get me wrong, I like both series but they were treated well enough with new characters and all the returning ones, while other great series fell completely under the Smash radar. Obviously a new FE character is totally out of question but another Pokémon has still a very high possibility.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm honestly conflicted on whether the next fighter will be first or third party

On one hand they could've made the fighter count in this pass 6 to even out the third party to first party character ratio, but on the other they have to be aware of how much they practically broke the internet with Bayonetta last time (although at this point she's practically an extended family member to Nintendo). Granted picks like Joker, Sephiroth and Steve did that as well but I feel like they almost know that no first party character they have could possibly live up to the internet reaction and free promo for their game they got off of Bayo being the last character in Smash 4.

That and considering the first party characters in the DLC this time were seemingly picked to rep Switch-era Nintendo games, I'm struggling to think of who else could make the cut from that crop since it seems characters like Min Min and Pyra/Mythra were purposely selected to give their respective games a rep after missing the launch roster window due to their games being in development alongside Smash, and I'd really rather it not be a Sw/Sh Pokemon

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

SKTTR

Obviously it would be fantastic if there was Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition on Switch, since it is the best Tekken game ever made, and, like Smash, has all characters ever playable. It's the definitive Tekken.

This ultimate version of Tekken being released on Wii U and the general popularity of Tekken makes Kazuya a worthy entry.

He's way more different than any other fighting game character, with his ability to transform, his focus on combos, and his amount of special moves. And if you look into his story, he's a badass character.

It was always going to be Tekken or Tales Of. Another Namco character was imminent and long overdue.

Also, Sakurai has shown his love for great fighting games plenty of times now. We know he loves Akira from Virtua Fighter, so for the next Smash game, I can see him being one of the next fighting game reps.

I think fighting game fans would flip out with Sega contributing Virtua Fighter, Namco contributing Soulcalibur, and SNK contributing Samurai Shodown next time around, sprinkled with a bit of Fulgore, Chun-Li, and Scorpion here and there.

Though there's so much more great choice beyond just fighting game characters, especially with Sega and Capcom.

Anyway. From what I know, Joker is the only character that has his most significant game not available on any Nintendo console - if you don't count its mother series Shin Megami Tensei. But if you do, every fighter is valid.

PS: I have 1486 spirits now.

Edited on by SKTTR

TheFrenchiestFry

@SKTTR TTT2 being considered best Tekken is something I don't hear a lot lol

I do like that the Wii U version had all the exclusive Nintendo tie ins and content. If a Tekken were to come to Switch obviously I'd prefer T7 with all the Season Pass characters but TTT2 would be pretty cool if they kept all the Nintendo stuff

Honestly if there's any fighting game franchise left to be repped in Smash it has to be Killer Instinct imo. MK can't happen because the series has been banned in Japan for the time being but I'd totally be down for a KI character like Fulgore or Cinder, even if they're technically Microsoft reps

TheFrenchiestFry

SKTTR

@TheFrenchiestFry As a huge Rare fan back in the SNES/N64/Gamecube era I pick Fulgore, Conker, and Joanna Dark over Master Chief, Ori, and Cuphead any day.

Man, I would love a Killer Instinct collection featuring the 5 Nintendo originals. Yes, that includes the Super Game Boy version.

#RareReplay4Switch

Edited on by SKTTR

TheFrenchiestFry

@SKTTR Conker or any KI rep would honestly hype me up significantly more than Banjo-Kazooie, especially KI if they base the fighter appearances off the sick redesigns in the 2013 game

TheFrenchiestFry

SKTTR

Nope, sorry. The new KI team, I think Double Helix is their name, should hire a better artist (Everything else was good). Human character faces like Jago and Orchid look pretty bad, just like the fur effect on Sabrewulf. Character design is KI 2013's weakest element, but by that point we got used to Microsoft's horrid Rareware redesigns. At least the gameplay was spot on.

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry I think the main potential 1st party candidates given the Switch focus of the already added 1st party Ultimate DLC fighters would be:

• Sylux (seemingly a major character in Metroid Prime 4 and doesn't have a spirit ingame meanwhile some of the other hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters do have spirits)
  • Dixie Kong/Cranky Kong/Funky Kong (if the rumour about Nintendo bringing the DK franchise back from a long hiatus is real)
  • Gen 8 Pokemon
  • A Kirby character

If it was to be a 1st party character I would guess a Kirby character such as Bandana Waddle Dee would be most likely given Sakurai created Kirby (using the same logic that led to Kazuya as the penultimate character, Bandai Namco is 1 of the development studios that worked on Smash Ultimate).

I do think 3rd party is more likely though, 3rd party additions won't have just been about adding characters to Smash but also helping Nintendo get 3rd party support for Switch as Nintendo realized after the Wii U era that 3rd party support is important for systems to be successful.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano I mean if nintendo really wants to piss people off with there last fighter then by all means add any of these characters. (I mean the fact that there first partys not your character picks.)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Sylux won't happen unless we get a Prime 4 reveal in September, which proooobably won't happen. I'd love to see Dixie get added though, she'd make a fantastic addition.

link3710

SKTTR

link3710 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Sylux won't happen unless we get a Prime 4 reveal in September, which proooobably won't happen. I'd love to see Dixie get added though, she'd make a fantastic addition.

Sylux, Porky, and Doshin fall under the Weirdly Missing Spirits category. You'd think they'd be more important than many other spirits that are in the game.

In my opinion Mii costumes should also come with a spirit. Why are there no Sans/Undertale or Lloyd Irving/Tales Of spirits among just a couple others?

@Northwind
Obvious fan defends obvious game.
I defend Smash, he defends Tekken.
It's a fighting game.
In game.
And in real life.

I think Smash is more fun than Tekken, and just as complex, but simpler to play.

If you like Kazuya or not, he comes with 39 music tracks, 13 new spirits, 2 skins, a new stage, 10 spirit battles, and a unique challenge mode, which should be a bargain for fans and still a good deal for those that just want to fill the whole roster, stage, music, and spirit collections. His presentation was tight and he is a unique inclusion that is very truthful to his origins.

Tekken is one of the most highly regarded fighting games of all time.
Bandai Namco makes Smash.
Kazuya didn't even need an invitation!

Edited on by SKTTR

TheFrenchiestFry

@Northwind Reminds me of that one guy who called people who liked Minecraft "mentally ill" when Steve was revealed, only to claim it was just a joke

Regardless of your FG experience or not it's absolutely indeniable it's a huge honor for a series like Tekken to make it to basically the world stage of crossovers, and it absolutely deserves it nonetheless regardless of how certain FGC players look down on Smash as a game. They're probably in the minority anyway

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@Northwind I don't think its really telling at all, I don't think it matters how much you play a game to have to want them in smash, He could have wanted other characters, And people have different opinions, In my opinion He deserved his spot in smash, Play fighting games or not.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Northwind I wasn't trying to attack you dude, I'm sorry if I made you feel that way as thats not what I was trying to do at all.

Snatcher

@Northwind Oh Ok I was worry'd.

MarioVillager92

Just did one of those online tournaments for the first time. I picked the one with that 2010s event. Surprisingly I did better than I thought, lol - guess I'm a bit better at 4-player battles than at 1-v-1s.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

mr_somewhere

How are people finding Kazuya?

Unfortunately he hasn't quite clicked with me yet. If I am being honest I've had little fun with him which is surprising given I always loved the Mishima's in Tekken itself. Going to give him another while and see how I feel. Still, happy for the fans, he's a fun inclusion and it's worth it for the tracks if nothing else!

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic