Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 4,508

TheFrenchiestFry

@SKTTR Hayabusa is cool but he's far from the last third party NES icon

Not only that, but they'd probably also base him off his modern incarnation from the reboot series if he was put in Smash.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry It may be a duluxe mii costume but I would love him to be a character but wat about waluigi?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

PikaPhantom

@TheFrenchiestFry If anything, I think they'd be more likely to pick another Xenoblade 1 character since Definitive Edition is the most recent game in the series and thus the one Nintendo would want to push most

PikaPhantom

TheFrenchiestFry

@PikaPhantom Yeah I've been adamant for a while if they picked another Xeno rep that wasn't from 2 it would probably be Fiora if anyone

Granted Elma has been a debated candidate as well but it's usually down to either Fiora or Rex, and we know for sure Rex ain't happening

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snatcher Waluigi ain't got a chance lmao

He just doesn't

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

About Pokemon Gen 8, we don't know that the Sword/Shield cycle is over yet. Sure the expansion pass is finished but the Sword/Shield soundtrack is still missing (every mainline Pokemon game since X/Y except Ultra Sun/Moon got a soundtrack release very close to if not at release of the games, naturally for Sword/Shield they'd wait until all the DLC released). To me this suggests Sword/Shield may have more expansion passes and probably by the end every Pokemon that exists will be usable in Sword/Shield.

If there is a second expansion pass I'd imagine an announcement of its existence would occur in early 2021 (perhaps a Pokemon Direct in January/February 2021 covering what's happening in general for the Pokemon 25th anniversary).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikaPhantom

@Grumblevolcano Why would they release a version of the game with the expansion pass on the cartridge only to release more major DLC for Sword/Shield?

PikaPhantom

jump

@ToadBrigade Waluigi has the best/weirdest memes which is enough warrant to inclusion over the low bar of being yet another sword fighting Fire Emblem character

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

Waluigi is literally the definition of an ironic pick

The people who actually legitimately think he would be a cool addition as a fighter are vastly in the minority for the most part. At least more deemphasized characters like Daisy and Rosalina appeared in main Mario games first before being relegated to spinoff material

Waluigi was created for nothing but spinoff games

TheFrenchiestFry

PikaPhantom

@TheFrenchiestFry Waluigi would be neat as a spinoff representative if they pulled from all the Mario spinoff series he appears in, but that could also be something Daisy is expanded into if she was decloned...not that I really care for Waluigi getting added though
@link3710 haha yeah - but given the DLC was a replacement for the third version games anyways they're probably moving on to the 2021 Pokemon game in full

PikaPhantom

link3710

@PikaPhantom See, that sounds plausible... unless they actually did decide to delay out next gen, and are going to release a second round of DLC to tide people over until then.

link3710

PikaPhantom

@link3710 If they had to delay next-gen and made DLC in the meantime, then they'd wait until a third wave is out for Sword and Shield to do a physical bundle with the expansion pass (unless that hasn't yet happened but considering the DLC came out delay free it's probably going to be fine)

At this rate this isn't about Smash anymore but a third wave in those circumstances wouldn't mean anything for Ultimate

PikaPhantom

DarkRula

And then a second complete edition of the game in November '21? I think it more likely we're getting a remake or nothing for next year. If it's a remake, they'll still update Sword and Shield to give us the remaining 'mon, which the ability to catch those remaining in the remake. I doubt a new Pokémon representative will make it onto Fighter Pass 2, unless of a type we have yet to see and right at the end of the Pass.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

SKTTR

Pokémon fans already got Incineroar brandnew, and Pichu, Pokémon Trainer, and Mewtwo return. I neither want or believe they add another one, especially from a DLC pack of all things. With so much new (and old) for Pokémon fans already in the base game (especially Incineroar from Sword/Shield) there's no reason to add another one. Pokémon fans already got their new Smash Pokémon, their "reason to buy the game".

Fire Emblem players got Chrom new but since he is "only" an Echo Fighter, they also got Byleth, not to mention the return of Roy and Corrin.

Donkey Kong fans got King K. Rool new.
Metroid fans got Ridley and Dark Samus new.
Super Mario fans got Daisy as an echo, and then Piranha Plant as a brandnew fighter.

So, if there's another 1st party fighter, chances are it's not from a series that already got one or two brandnew ones or tons of returning fighters.

With this in mind there's a good chance for Zelda, Kirby, EarthBound, and Xenoblade fans to get one more fighter. I don't rule out Kid Icarus (Viridi) either.

But I honestly want Nintendo franchises that have no fighter. One of the underdogs like Chibi-Robo or Saki Amamiya or even Golden Sun Isaac, as they appear in quality Nintendo games that just didn't sell well. And they would also be representing long time Nintendo developers Skip, Treasure, and Camelot.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Slinkoy1

@PikaPhantom maybe they’re releasing the expansion pass bundled with sword and shield, because there is gonna be a third expansion in the one we have right now, so people could instantly get it downloaded onto the game.

Hi

SKTTR

Tales of... 25th Anniversary is coming.
Japan's third biggest RPG series after Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.
Now would be the perfect time.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TheFrenchiestFry

Actually seventh. Souls, Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter all outrank it in terms of commercial success.

Also don't expect anything related to Smash here. Nintendo will do that on their own terms.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic