Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 3,908

DarkRula

Should hopefully be some more interesting characters coming to the game through these new six - even if one of them is a Pokémon rep.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

link3710

DarthNocturnal wrote:

It's an odd day when the Mii Fighter outfits get you more hyped then the announced fighter. But then two of them are freaking Altiar and Cuphead.

Took the words right out of my mouth. But I have to wonder, why did Ubisoft not give them the ability to mention Assassin's Creed? Like, they specifically went out of their way to not mention what game Altaïr is from.

link3710

Captain_Toad

Upon seeing the starting seconds of the trailer I was thinking. "(HAHA!) Wow, people are going to be salty about this!" And it's warranted.

The final Season #1 DLC is another Fire Emblem Character.
And it's FE Character count reaches eight.
And it's another Sword User. (Even though the trailer jokes about the character being another sword user.)

For me, I don't mind this character as long as the character's moveset is interesting and doesn't have ANOTHER counter.

I can imagine the salt for this character leading up to the end of the DLC road...until they get their hands on it.....or yet another FE character shows up....or someone worse than a FE character shows up.

Bring in extra large fries people.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Manah

link3710 wrote:

Like, they specifically went out of their way to not mention what game Altaïr is from.

Only in the NA presentation apparently. The EU one did.

Late

The reaction to Byleth is pretty much what I expected. I love Three Houses but I didn't necessarily want him/her in Smash. That said, I'm always looking forward to how the character plays more and they look like a fun addition in that regard. I didn't like Joker's recovery but now that Byleth's has an added meteor smash effect, I may end up liking it more. I like playing as each of the earlier FE characters except Corrin.

I find it very funny how Sakurai deals with his fanbase. He knows people take everything as hints and this time he actually provided a hint. It was just so obscure that no one would've ever gotten it. Also the stab at "too many swordsmen". I'm glad he can have fun despite getting a lot of hate for the fighter choices.

The Mii costume selection was great this time around. That said, Mii characters are the only ones I don't play often since they cannot be picked by random which is dumb. I'll probably get Cuphead costume for the music though. That's what I did with Sans.

While I've barely played any Assassin's Creed, I know it's popular and that got me wondering lately, why I've never heard anyone wanting AC characters in Smash despite so many people wanting much more obscure characters (I still don't get what's the big deal with Geno). Fast forward a month and there's a Mii Costume announced. I'm glad Ubisoft has more representation but I'd still like a playable character from them. Rayman is the obvious choice. I personally don't think having a spirit effects his chances.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

andrew20

who is ready to predict on the next 6 fighters
we got until dec 2021 so three this year 3 next so not including fighter 5 beyth form FE3H
so predictions for fighter 6-8 then 9-11

Edited on by andrew20

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

andrew20

@Late i do not know what with waluigi and geno i just think the 1 is anyoning the other is just a long shot that is a side charter in the game that no one now has played with and what stage would will go with both of them on is just a sport game

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

andrew20

i wonder what indie mii costume be next gunvolt or shante

andrew20

Octoguy

I just finished playing Katamari Damacy and I really want the Prince of All Cosmos in Smash. He could have a very interesting moveset and bring some delightful tunes to the game.

:3

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Well for context, Ubisoft has all Assassin's Creed games on modern systems except the Altair ones:

• Ezio Collection (2, Brotherhood, Revelations) - 2016
  • AC3 Remastered (3, Liberation) - 2019
  • Rogue - 2018
  • Rest of the franchise except Altair's games launched first on PS4/XB1

So Ubisoft's being a bit odd with AC1 in general.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano True, I always assumed the source code was lost or something, but maybe there's more to it than that.

@Late I think the main reason you don't hear many people asking for AC is a mix of not knowing who to ask for (Ezio and Altair have never appeared on Nintendo systems, and there's plenty of other potential candidates still.), and them not sounding like they'd play very interestingly. Well, that and the fact that many people want Rayman before Altair/Ezio/Connor/Aveline/Edward/... Also, no one wants Desmond and he seems the most likely with 5 (or more?) appearances.

link3710

DarthNocturnal

link3710 wrote:

Ezio and Altair have never appeared on Nintendo systems.

Except they have. Altiar was in “Assassin's Cteed: Altiar's Chronicles“ on DS, and Ezio in “Assassin's Creed II: Discovery“, also on DS.

So, they both have “by the skin of your teeth“ eligibility, akin to Joker and, until FF7 was on Switch, Cloud (or at least, Altiar did, before the Mii Fighter outfit reveal).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Late

@link3710 I had a feeling it was partly due to there being multiple characters to choose from. As I said, I'm not too familiar with the series but I always thought the character design, which stayed pretty samey for a long while, was kind of cool. I haven't played enough AC to even have a faintest idea on how they'd play. I own 3 and 4 for Wii U. 3 was so buggy that I stopped after an hour and while I liked the beginning of 4, I stopped playing after couple of hours for whatever reason. I've also heard 3 isn't that great to begin with.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Yknow, I owned Altair's chronicles and I still forgot that he was on a Nintendo system.

@Late Yeah, 3's probably the worst of the original 7 console titles (1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, 4, Rogue), though at least the sea portions were fun. And the Wii U port wasn't exactly sparkling either, I got softlocked in my save on that release so I never finished the game.

I'm still hoping we get Ezio trilogy on Switch, cause I wanna finally get to play through those titles fully on my own system.

link3710

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Ah I saw someone said that on the other page, but that's utterly bizarre. Why would Ubisoft pass up free advertising in NA then?

link3710

DarthNocturnal

I bet it's an Abstergo plot. And the Rabbids are in on it.

Either way, I will now be suspicious of all conveniently placed piles of hay and/ or brush in a Smash trailer.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

andrew20

I loved all the new additions at least it not dante,waluigi or geno why do we need more meme fighters.

andrew20

link3710

@andrew20 Well, Dante (beyond being a meme) is a legitimate character choice as well. Devil May Cry is a long running and well known series, and him vs. Bayonetta would be amazing.

...I can't really defend Waluigi or Geno.

link3710

tobibra

I'm looking forward to Byleth ^_^

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic