Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 4,508

SKTTR

link3710 wrote:

@SKTTR Fourth lol, you forgot Pokemon.

Well, for 3rd parties I mean (and in Japan), forgot to add that.

And yeah, if it's not Lloyd Irving from Bandai Nacmo, a Dark Souls character (also published by Bandai Namco) would be just as good imo.

Kingdom Hearts is too much Disney crossover to be worth it. Sakurai doesn't just add new characters but whole worlds with sidekicks roaming the (new) Stage, or as Spirits, or in Final Smashes, Mii Costumes, etc.
Sora would feel empty, kind of unfinished with so much of his world neglected. Fan demand and popularity isn't everything. Kingdom Hearts needs Mickey, Goofy, and Donald to be represented correctly just like all the other DLC fighters, and that's just not possible, fortunately. And the new game is crap, just saying.

And Monster Hunter isn't really RPG. To me it doesn't feel like one. It has some RPG elements, but there's no EXP or levels to grind, just better gear and items to craft. But yeah, Monster Hunter is huge, unique, and great fun, and would be a nice addition to the roster.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

Isn't Elder Scrolls bigger than Tales?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Definitely. It's in the club of games with over 50 million units sold worldwide. The only RPG franchises bigger than it at this point are stuff like Diablo, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

PikaPhantom

Honestly, the closest Smash will get to acknowledging Kingdom Hearts is it being mentioned on the Ultimate website as something Yoko Shimomura has worked on (in the music section, there's a list at the bottom of all the composers who contributed new remixes and things they worked on in the past - thus, a Naruto game also gets mentioned, incidentally)

PikaPhantom

TheFrenchiestFry

@PikaPhantom Yeah they also referenced Marvel vs. Capcom in Ryu's Palutena's Guidance and name dropped it when discussing Ken's first Final Smash (Shinryuken)

I think KH has enough material on its own to give Sora some form of sizable representation, especially since KH has its own original characters and locales, in addition to its ties to Final Fantasy, but I think the closest they'll get to acknowledging the Disney stuff will probably be in a character description or a Sakurai Presents segment going over the series' history.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Toy_Link It's a 50-50 split between Disney & Square, since the original characters were wholly designed and conceptualized by Square staff as well.

He's in a more complicated position than most other requested Smash inclusions but I don't think he's entirely impossible

TheFrenchiestFry

EngineerMario

Waluigi would be last fighter to be announced

EngineerMario

prof_grunty

What I'd like most from DLC isn't necessarily more fighters, but new modes to use this great cast and movesets.

I'd love to see another attempt at a beat-em-up side-scroller besides Subspace... going through stages like World 1-1 but with AI henchmen and a boss... more ways to play together co-operatively instead of competitively.

prof_grunty

Slinkoy1

I don’t know if anybody else has seen the stupid crew mate in smash mod, and I just have to say a couple of things about it. 1. Crew mate would never get into smash because they already had all the dlc chosen, and there would be nothing for a move set, what would the final smash be, he stabs people with knives? 2. It’s just like fall guys, it may be popular now, but in a while it’s gonna be dead, just for another game to get the spotlight. Alright, there’s the end of my lame speech on why among us won’t get into smash.

Edited on by Slinkoy1

Hi

TheFrenchiestFry

The last 3 extremely hype inducing fighters left for me are Dante, DOOM Slayer or 2B from NiER Automata

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

Look you guys are probably not agree with me But since it looks like were not going to get shadow any time soon and I really want another sonic rep It would be great if we got DR. Robotnick, Ya He may be a bowser jr. clone but how can I live in a world were sonic and mario can fight but now Bowser and Eggman.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

SKTTR

My wish picks (obviously more Nintendo characters from amazing series/games without a fighter):
Chibi-Robo (Nintendo / Skip)
Saki Amamiya (Nintendo / Treasure)
Elma (Nintendo / Monolithsoft)
Everything else is just bonus. I know chances are slim, but at least all of them are already in the game in some way.

My predicitions (somewhat of a 2nd tier wishlist):
Phoenix Wright/Monster Hunter (Capcom),
Chrono Trigger/Bubble Bobble (Square Enix),
Tales of/Dark Souls (Bandai Namco)
Hayabusa (Koei Tecmo) or Wonder Boy (Westone).
Before Shantae anyway. I know Shantae fans are keen on Smash but the whole series borrows its "sidescrolling action-adventure platformer with animal transformation" gameplay from the Wonder Boy series. Wonder Boy did all of this more than a decade before Shantae and I wonder if fan demand can overshadow Wonder Boy's gaming legacy. At least they (the fans) managed to get Shantae in as a spirit, before anything Wonder Boy related.

The ones that are proper gaming icons and I would be happy about:
Doomslayer
MK Scorpion
Harvest Moon Pete
Guybrush Threepwood

Slinkoy1

@SKTTR I agree with all of what you said, except chibi robo, because of how skip has shut down

Hi

Snatcher

@SKTTR I don't know why people saying it can't happen, who cares if skip shut down smash bros is known for its wtf characters and chibi robo would fit the bill, he is nintendo property and he could be added if nintendo will it. (I'm going to get blasted for this comment arnt I)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

SKTTR

SkullDragr_RETURNS wrote:

I still think Bo Jackson from Tecmo Bowl is the dark horse pick for next character!

Good one!

From my experience, Solomon's Key (Dana) and Bomb Jack are more iconic and better Tecmo NES/arcade games than Ninja Gaiden.

I'd rather have the ninja fighter slot featuring Goemon (I know Mii costume killed him), Shinobi, Scorpion, or even The Last Ninja.

Edited on by SKTTR

PikaPhantom

The art for Fighters Pass 2 has been updated on the eShop - it now highlights Min Min and Steve (+ Alex), with the remaining 4 slots at the bottom captioned with "More to come!" It's maybe an indication of a reveal coming soon?

PikaPhantom

crashcontrol

@PikaPhantom Yeah, I think we’re all hoping for at least one announcement at the Game Awards.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic