Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 3,913

link3710

@SKTTR Ah okay, I misunderstood. Yeah, that makes perfect sense then.

Well, with the announcement almost certainly tomorrow, I'm going to place my final guess for who fighters pass #5 is. Since Jill/Leon are out (I had been thinking for sure they'd be announced with the RE3make), I'm going to go with Travis Touchdown.

He's an odd choice, sure, but I'm going with my gut instead of my head given how off I've been analyzing the previous reveals (outside of Hero). I'm still hoping for Sora and think he's got a ton going for him, but I'm going with the longshot.

link3710

SKTTR

Final bets everyone!

@link3710

Travis Touchdown would be THE MAN, I mean, THE SH*T (if you get the reference). If he's fighter 5 I'll just be glad no one is going to see my reaction/dance/party around the house.

From all the things that made rounds, a seemingly super safe choice would be saying Lloyd Irving.
He's got so much going on for him - but because of that he might have been pushed back?!
For many he'd just be the next anime swordfighter representing another JRPG-series (the next really huge one in the queue that is still missing after all) but he just doesn't seem to be a good final pick for the Fighters Pass. He'd make a better fit if he'd be.. maybe fighter #2 or something, just like Hero.

On top of that, Lloyd Irving, Phoenix Wright, Ryu Hayabusa, they all had cameos in other fighting games already, and everyone wants someone shockingly new and unexpected, and an underdog like Travis would be perfect. (I'm well aware my avatar suggests bias.)

So it's either Travis, the coolest badass in videogames, or... * drumroll * ... Professor Layton, the greatest gentleman in videogames. He's also not often mentioned, and despite its excellent puzzle adventure roots (all his games are wonderful), he's also shown (in cutscenes and the movie) that he's a great fencer and has plenty of cool gadgets he could use. No other game has made him into a fighter yet, so it would be very respectable if Sakurai could make him work.

But I'm not betting. (I hate losing).
I'm only playing skill based games, not luck based, so...
One chip on Travis, one on Layton? ^^
Anyway, the excitement kills me!!

PS. What if this is going to be a combination like Isabelle? Showing the newest game (No More Heroes 3) and then his invitation!! HYPE!

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

Release date I think will be January 17th 2020 as that's when the Richter and Dark Samus amiibo come out. Character prediction, I'm going with either Dante or Monster Hunter because of the Resident Evil spirit event and 1 other factor with each.

Dante - The comment that DMC would need to be on Switch before Dante could appear in Smash

Monster Hunter - Persona 5 nominated for GotY in 2017 -> Joker announced in 2018. Monster Hunter World nominated for GotY in 2018 -> ?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Weren't the DLC choices for the Fighter's pass set before launch though? MH World wasn't nominated until after the fighter had been picked.

link3710

andrew20

1.Monster Hunter
2.Yo-kai watch charcter

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Diddy64

For a strange reason Nintendo didn't announce character 5 in the Game Awards. I guess a direct should be coming between December and January.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair (playing it)
Zelda BotW (mostly focused on this game)
Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii) (on pause)
Zelda OoT 3D Master Quest (on pause)
Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy) (on pause)

SKTTR

When NO MORE HEROES III came up I got excited, but no new Smash fighter at all?
Lol, Smash fans are now smashing the dislike button. The number of dislikes grew from 1.000 to 10.000 in just a minute. Well, that's emotional dedication. Seems like a few feel betrayed.

Anyway,
SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE won BEST FIGHTING GAME of the year, obviously, well deserved.
LUIGI'S MANSION 3 won BEST FAMILY GAME of the year.
FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES won BEST STRATEGY GAME of the year.

3 Awards for Nintendo!
And I think this was only topped by the indie dev ZA/UM who won 4 awards for DISCO ELYSIUM, is that right?

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Diddy64

True. I am glad Smash won that award.

Undergoing games:

iKhan

Diddy64 wrote:

For a strange reason Nintendo didn't announce character 5 in the Game Awards. I guess a direct should be coming between December and January.

I really hope it's in December. I start my surgery rotation in January and I won't have time to get hype.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Diddy64

@iKhan that's quite the profession. I don't think I can make one without getting scared of killing the patient by mistake or accident 😅

Undergoing games:

link3710

Well, with NMH III at the game awards but no Smash announcement, chances of Travis just fell significantly. I'm definitely going back to Sora as my gut choice now, I feel like next year's first direct is gonna announce 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 for Switch.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

With no presence at the Game Awards, I now think the 5th character is going to either have a Switch port or new game exclusive to Switch being announced at the same time. So I'm going with Monster Hunter where Switch gets a sequel to Generations Ultimate releasing in 2020 meanwhile PS5/Xbox Series X/PC gets World 2 in 2021/2022.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

With no presence at the Game Awards, I now think the 5th character is going to either have a Switch port or new game exclusive to Switch being announced at the same time. So I'm going with Monster Hunter where Switch gets a sequel to Generations Ultimate releasing in 2020 meanwhile PS5/Xbox Series X/PC gets World 2 in 2021/2022.

Didn't Iceborne just come out this year though?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan I remember discussions in the main Switch thread about there being 2 Monster Hunter teams, one did Generations and Generations Ultimate whereas the other did World and Iceborne expansion so the Generations team might be working on a new Switch Monster Hunter.

Grumblevolcano

Sothis

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
As predicted, easy game, easy life. I like this tournament but I would love a version without items on. Back to Monster Hunter World now.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> ▲ Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Grumblevolcano

Next spirit event is Astral Chain:

• Howard + Sword Legion
  • Akira Howard + Arrow Legion
  • Lappy
  • Kyle

So looks like Astral Chain rep deconfirmed then, I guess we'll see a Fire Emblem Three Houses spirit event around the time the story DLC goes live.

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

Today is the day. Only 5 hours left.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

DarthNocturnal

It's an odd day when the Mii Fighter outfits get you more hyped then the announced fighter. But then two of them are freaking Altiar and Cuphead.

Also, six more Fighters as part of the Fighters Pass Volume 2. This is crazy.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Harmonie

Yeah, very underwhelming character choice. Especially considering how much he hyped it up right there like "No one knows about this character, and it will be shocking!" and then... it's a Fire Emblem character.

Six more characters is insane, though. I really thought that these five would be it, but then to go and announce extra DLC characters and then six? Wow.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Gamerboy19

Another six DLC characters really is exciting. I just hope that there's no more Fire Emblem characters.

Gamerboy19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic