Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,043

FishyS

FawfulsFury wrote:

9JF-668-SMF enjoy the level

cute levels! I like the aesthetics.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MajesticToad

@FawfulsFury Im on a half of whole story and must say that it's cute that you putted dialogs in the comment section, very creative storytelling. You definitely should put these level into one World even if you will not finish the story. But so far i would love to see an ending.

MajesticToad

FawfulsFury

@MajesticToad I applaud you on beating the Wendy level and the bowser level I am working on the next level after the bomb factory which will probably be based on makeshift hukit crabs

FawfulsFury

MajesticToad

@FawfulsFury good luck with em. Meanwhile i on your last available level
Your should also think about difficulty drops, cause time to time i really need a checkpoint or power up, but instead i have pain:)

MajesticToad

MajesticToad

@FawfulsFury So here we are. i done all your mario's adventures levels
damn, i came back a different man) A lot of moments was so hard, and so annoying to be honest, maybe it's my lack of skill but some of design decisions just wasn't working at all.
But thank you a lot for experience, you have a beautiful creative mind.

MajesticToad

FawfulsFury

@MajesticToad Thank you for playing my game hopefully I will be done with the rest by the time Mario wonder comes out. What levels do you think where to hard?

Edited on by FawfulsFury

FawfulsFury

MajesticToad

@FawfulsFury I would say that i was a lot of hard/annoying moments since 20th level or even earlier. For example bowser boss fight in 20th level or bomb-omb factory in general. I was really close to give up many times)

MajesticToad

3R12

4RY-T82-H4G

I finished my 40-course Superworld after almost a year of work.
I'm not the world's most skilled level designer, but I feel like I've got some fun stuff packed in here.
No trolling, no kaizo. Just standard, nostalgic Mario platforming.
If standard "feels like old school Mario" is your thing, please give it some play time and let me know what you think. I'd be super grateful.

3R12

FishyS

@3R12 Very fun super world so far! I'm partway through world 3. I love all the hidden big coins and 1-ups and a lot of the aesthetics are lovely. My favorite level so far was 2-2. Phanto came so close to murdering me in those tight areas. I was also really impressed by your hide-from-the-fish area in 3-1; it's hard to get things like that lined up so well.

FishyS

Benjikoopa

DG0XPYCXG
Why does this level have such a low clear rate?!

Benjikoopa

FishyS

Benj0844 wrote:

DG0XPYCXG
Why does this level have such a low clear rate?!

You asked this the other day but your message vanished after. Anyways, I beat the level a couple times so it's up to like 3% which is still lower than it should be. I would rate the level in the expert category, but it should be a relatively easy expert.

Overall fun level, but I can think of a couple reasons why the clear rate is lower than you might expect.

1. There are a couple very easy early deaths. The first door has a blind jump and the second area pretty much has guaranteed death if you choose to ignore the car (which I personally did). But really that is only two deaths. Your first area also had the mini-puzzle with the bomb, but I can't imagine many people would quit off of that even if it was a whee bit confusing if you go fast, never see the bomb pipe, and get to a blank wall. So... let's call it 3 deaths since some people might get confused and skip the level.

2. The only hardish jump in the level is the timed jump off a bullet during auto-scroll (if you mess up a little or don't know to do it the auto scroll squishes you). Call that 2 more deaths for an average player. Jumping off that same (red I think?) canon on the other side leads to a weird timing where it is VERY easy to lose your mushroom (both of these are only tricky because of the auto-scroll). I found myself loosing my mushroom there repeatedly even though I knew what I was doing.

3. That is a creative but remarkably difficult boom boom fight. The way it bounces when you enter makes it very easy to get hit once immediately. Since you don't give the player an extra mushroom and they likely lost their mushroom at the red canon, they then insta-die to the boss. Even if they don't, bouncing around with a crazy invisible boom boom is a pretty easy way to die until you understand the pattern. So... let's say several deaths to the boss for a typical player.

Altogether, that calculation puts it over the border of normal into expert. But... not a very hard expert.

Why was it less than 1% before I beat it 3 times (I played repeatedly to investigate)? It's possible most of those deaths were from one player — either a very persistent not very skilled player... or possibly one who afk-ed at the checkpoint for a couple minutes and got killed by the koopa car over and over again. 😝 On the other hand... it's odd that most people who played it didn't beat it; it may be that it started out appearing in endless normal and everyone just skipped after being slaughtered once or twice by boom boom.... levels which are too hard or too easy for their initial category sometimes temporarily end up with weird clear rates.

I could see it being an 8% if more random people played it. Again, fun level. If you had wanted to put it in the 'normal' category I would have removed auto-scroll on the second area and put a mushroom and/or checkpoint before the boss.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

DumbBird73

New Year 2024 Refresher
SM3DW
Easy
Themed, Art
Now before you join to immediately dislike it, I did something in the ground pound section that I’ve never seen anyone do in a refresher, plus it isn’t just a mad dash while killing several enemies with a star after the ground pound section. I hope you play and enjoy it, and possibly leave a like
8TS-8PC-TJG

DumbBird73

FishyS

@DumbBird73 I can't say I'm a huge fan of refreshing levels, but the sloped part was at least different than most. Plus it amuses me how low the clear rate was because of the car part. 😆 I dropped it a like. I'm playing some of your other levels and like them more though. Question — I was playing Red Castle and was trying to figure out why the clear rate was so low until I got the the Bowser part... Is there any strategy or do you just pray Bowser doesn't instantly jump all the way to the left trapping you? 😆 I beat it relatively quickly, but it kind of felt like luck when I did because I never thought of a good strategy.

FishyS

SGE2000

So, after 1000+ hours my world is finished !
(and so am I !)
SUPER 36.CHAMBER WORLD
World ID : 62L-6MH-MQG
36 levels with 36 chambers
Mix and match with all styles and themes
Levels are standard jump and run, no kaizo, no chess.
360 coins, 10 red coins and 18 1-ups in every level.
Hope someone enjoys !!!
...and happy new year

Super Mario and the 36.Chambers (SMM2)
ID : 62L-6MH-MQG

GalaxicGlobe

Oh man i should start playing this game again now that i can share levels with you guys!! (When i got the game i didnt have NSO 💀😂)

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

FishyS

@SGE2000 Just finished world 2. Those are some huge levels! So many hidden stars and 1-ups and shortcuts and different paths! Very impressive level design. I haven't managed to get all the red coins yet. 😝 Very fun world, although my stupid pro-controller keeps killing me by randomly grabbing ornamental vines -.- I hope Nintendo figures out how to make a functional controller some day.

@GalaxicGlobe How do you even play without NSO? o.o Just Story Mode? When I bought the game it came with a year of NSO. Please do share your levels.

FishyS

SGE2000

@FishyS Thanks for playing ! Ya, the vines, I hate them too, but what can you do !? ...and thanks for keeping this community alive, at least a bit !

Super Mario and the 36.Chambers (SMM2)
ID : 62L-6MH-MQG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic