Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 561 to 580 of 692

Clyde_Radcliffe

I'm starting to find the giant Bowser constantly disrupting the flow in Bowser's Fury annoying. 😑 You're in a beautiful open world but you can't explore it in peace. Can't help but feel it's just a cheap way to make the game feel longer and drag the time out. There's no way of collecting an item or anything to turn it off right?

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

1UP_MARIO

@Clyde_Radcliffe just collect a cat shine and bowser goes away. He does make it a little more challenging.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

rallydefault

@Clyde_Radcliffe
If you try to complete everything you'll then run into lots of times when you want him to show up but you have to wait awhile. If they want to use this mechanic in future games, I'm sure they'll think of ways to tweak it a bit.

rallydefault

Bolt_Strike

Also, why did they nerf Pom Pom in this game? She's too easy now, that clone trick doesn't fool anybody and they got rid of her shell stomp attack.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

rallydefault

@Bolt_Strike
Yea, Pom Pom is so easy. Boom Boom still sometimes gets me when he goes invisible or sometimes I mess up his hit box when he starts spinning. But Pom Pom is just a free win.

rallydefault

Bolt_Strike

@rallydefault Same. Somehow, I never really fell victim to Boom Boom's invisibility even though there's been periods of about 5 seconds where I have no idea where he is, but I have occasionally messed up and jumped in the wrong spot/wrong time when he's spinning and gotten hit.

But I literally don't get why they made Pom Pom easier. Like, was anyone saying they struggled with her in 3D Land or something? I didn't think she was that difficult to begin with (maybe slightly harder than Boom Boom, but not by much). The clone thing would be good if it was in addition to her shell stomp move, but as a replacement it just makes her a cakewalk and that makes me sad.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

rallydefault

@Bolt_Strike
I'm so used to playing Mario Maker 2 and it's been so long since I played 3D Land, so I'm not even sure what the shell stomp move is?

rallydefault

Bolt_Strike

@rallydefault

After you hit Pom Pom in 3D Land, she would retreat into her shell, jump into the air, and follow you around trying to fall on you. After a few seconds, she would then resume throwing her boomerang. Here's a video for reference:

I'm saying what they should've done with the 3D World battles is have her split into clones, you hit her, shell stomp, then split into clones again. No idea why they cut that move altogether.

Bolt_Strike

rallydefault

@Bolt_Strike
Ok, yea, I remember that now. Yea, I don't know - I really can't think of why they would take that out. They have plenty of boss mechanics that create shadows to drop something on you, so I don't think they would consider that too difficult. That's weird.

rallydefault

RR529

I have no idea how I'm going to be able to light all the fires in the remix of the Creeper Plant jungle level in World 🏵️.

With most other Green Stars I missed (and there's not that many) I can see myself being able to go back and get them, but this seems beyond me. Shame because I'm getting so close to the end.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

rallydefault

@RR529
Hrm, my memory is so terrible that I literally just unlocked Champion's Road but can't even remember some of the levels lol

Is that the auto scroller than moves forward with the rafts?

rallydefault

RR529

@rallydefault, it's not that one, but the nighttime version of the one with the Creeper Plants (they look like big Piranha plants on spiky vines that snake around), & round spinning platforms.

I can get to the end flag easily enough, but to earn the Green Stars you have to light all the torches in the level with fireballs (the ones in the second segment are the hardest because they're in the poison river, some with fire Piranha Plants in them, and it's hard to line up your shots thanks to the spinning platforms & other distractions like the Creeper Plants & fire bars that surround some of the "?" blocks).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Bolt_Strike

@RR529 Unfortunately there's not much I can say to help you other than "git gud". You could try taking out the Piranha Creepers beforehand to give yourself more space, but other than that you're just going to have to bear through it and keep trying while you avoid the obstacles. I never really had much problem with that personally, so IDK what your problem is.

Bolt_Strike

TeeJay

@RR529 Maybe try using Peach? Her floating could make avoiding the pirahna plants easier.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RR529

@Bolt_Strike, @TeeJay, thanks. You know, I keep forgetting you can play as other characters outside of when I need a specific one to activate one of those stamp switches. I may just try Peach when I go back to that level.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Bolt_Strike

@RR529 I've been using Peach almost exclusively since World 3 because drift, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Pretty much the rule of thumb for this game is if something's too hard, use Peach, so yeah, go for it.

Bolt_Strike

rallydefault

@RR529
Ok yea I remember that one. Definitely use Peach like others said. I used her when I went back to get the remaining green starts in some levels. She makes a huge difference. It does kind of make me a bit reliant on the glide and then it's hard to go back to other characters, though.

rallydefault

Green_Shyguy

@RR529 I thought that was one of the hardest green stars in the game, so many ways to get hit and lose your fire flower, and it's not easy to aim the fireballs, from spinning platforms, while dodging various enemies and fire bars.

One tip I have is there is a fire flower in a hidden block to the right of the pipe at the end of that section, so don't give up if you lose your fire flowers towards the end

Green_Shyguy

jedgamesguy

I almost beat Boss Blitz (World Flower-12) first try, having never played it before on Wii U. And I agree with @Bolt_Strike and @rallydefault in that Boom Boom and Pom Pom were... just so easy. It was almost stupid how I could just hit them three times without any serious risk of damage.

On that front I died when fighting the final boss in the level. What a pain!

Also died at the World Mushroom Mystery House, on the final level.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Bolt_Strike

@TheJGG Boss Blitz gave me trouble too, but not as much because of the bosses being tough, but because of the time limit. I had to learn how to beat some of the bosses quicker in order to make it in time (namely Boss Brolder and the Hisstocrat pair).

Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic