Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 521 to 540 of 692

Sugarkist

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sugarkist Ah it's okay. No harm done. And yeah we could play again sometime! Maybe next weekend or something. I guess we could play on your file (by creating a room), since I'm literally at the final world now.

I didn’t want you to think I’d just disappeared, lol. Yes that would be good to play next weekend, I may be available through the week this week so I’ll let you know, provided you’re free too.
Yeah we can start from my save file, I’m only on World 3 at the moment, I’m trying to 100% the levels, as well as playing Bowsers Fury at alternate times, as you can tell I’m not the best but I just love Mario games.

You will have to come visit my island on ACNH as well sometime.

MarioVillager92

@Sugarkist All righty cool! I'll see how much work I get done next week. Let me know and I'll see if I can hop in. And yeah, I've been going for 100% completion on my save file. I love Mario games too (this one included!), but you knew that already. I'd be down with visiting your island too!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tendo64

Finished 3D World today after a few days' break from it. Glad it's over but glad I played it, if that makes any sense.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Clyde_Radcliffe

I'm finding the camera doesn't really work well in Bowser's Fury... Having to press Y to run makes it impossible to move the camera when you're running, which is quite annoying especially as it doesn't always follow you from behind automatically. It makes the Bowser battles unnecessarily frustrating. Nintendo REALLY should've just let you run with the left stick in this one... Great game otherwise though.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Buizel

@Clyde_Radcliffe Yeah I find that the camera in the Bowser battles is particularly bad, and not just because of the run button. It just generally struggles to keep up with Mario's movement and feels like it wasn't calibrated to the scale of the characters or the arena.

At least 2'8".

Clyde_Radcliffe

timleon wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe Yeah I find that the camera in the Bowser battles is particularly bad, and not just because of the run button. It just generally struggles to keep up with Mario's movement and feels like it wasn't calibrated to the scale of the characters or the arena.

Yeah, definitely. The whole Bowser battle feels a bit cheap to be honest and the camera makes it particularly hard to jump over his flames. Still, it's a lot more of a fuller game than I expected... when it was first announced I really thought it would just be an extra world in Mario 3D World! It's definitely an experimental project I think for a full scale open world Mario in the future.

Clyde_Radcliffe

jedgamesguy

@Clyde_Radcliffe @timleon @MarioLover92 Bowser's Fury was much harder than I anticipated. The platforming challenges were really tight and there were some relatively creative level designs. The Fury Bowser stuff was at times terrifying and at other times an annoyance.

A more creative way to implement the Fury Bowser timing, in my opinion, would be to use a traditional 3D World "timer" on the top-right corner of the screen. Naturally a second in game is shorter than a real world second, so maybe 300s, or 400s would be the interval at which Fury Bowser appears. At 100s, or 50s the rain would appear, the shell would start moving, and the ominous music would play.

That would also have given it some better linkage to Super Mario 3D World itself, as that small gameplay link between the two.

@Sugarkist I feel you. I suck at Mario platforming as well. It could be an exaggeration on my part but I could be better. If you've played or heard of the level "Cosmic Cannon Cluster"... it's the bane of my existence. I made the mistake of clearing the level with a golden flag, the stamp, and TWO STARS. So I'll have to beat the entire level again.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Green_Shyguy

I loved seeing Fury Bowser slowly rise up in the centre of the world, then start spinning faster and faster as he prepared to attack, very ominous.

I heard there is a button you can press (L?) to quickly focus the camera on Fury Bowser, but I've never tried it

Green_Shyguy

1ofUs

Should i buy oydssey or this game? I've never played 3D world

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

Green_Shyguy wrote:

I heard there is a button you can press (L?) to quickly focus the camera on Fury Bowser, but I've never tried it

@Green_Shyguy yes

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@1ofUs if you have played oddyssey then I would go with 3d world

1ofUs

@1UP_MARIO haven't played either

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

nib0

Others have probably asked and answered this, but is there a way to select a different character without having to quit to the menu? Once you choose Mario for example and you're roaming around the world map, I can't seem to figure out how to change characters without exiting the main menu. Am I missing something?

nib0

Green_Shyguy

@nib0 Select a level and then press B on the loading screen to change character

Green_Shyguy

spiderman0616

1ofUs wrote:

Should i buy oydssey or this game? I've never played 3D world

Odyssey 100%. I just finished a second playthrough of Odyssey, this time getting my ship up to 999 moons, beating both the hidden kingdoms, and completing all collectible lists. It's my favorite game on the Switch, and I could easily just start all over and do it again. Both times I've finished playing it, I've been sad that it was over, but I've seen every inch of the game at this point, and probably won't start it again for a long time.

3D World is one of the ones I missed due to not having any Nintendo hardware for a few years. I'm glad I bought it, and have been having fun playing through it--haven't started Bowser's Fury yet. But it just doesn't have the magic that Odyssey has. Not even close.

spiderman0616

rallydefault

Yea, you have to go back into a level to do the character selection as far as I know.

And Odyssey and 3D World are totally different games. If you enjoy the more open-world games, then get Odyssey. If you want the more traditional experience, get 3D World.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

1UP_MARIO

@1ofUs then I would go with SMO. Both fun.
SMO single player fun
SM3DW+BF multiplayer fun and a short single player bonus

Clyde_Radcliffe

Oh my god, the music on Super Block Land in 3D World. <3 Wasn't expecting that! The after completion world seems even better than the main game! The nostalgia is strong in it.

Clyde_Radcliffe

jedgamesguy

@Clyde_Radcliffe I know, right? The levels treat you like you've played a video game before.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Clyde_Radcliffe

TheJGG wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe I know, right? The levels treat you like you've played a video game before.

Replaying Mario 64 and Sunshine via All-Stars I can really see how Nintendo dumbed down and made easier the games that came after.

I remember reading an interview with Miyamoto from when Sunshine first came out where he admitted it's more a game for hardcore gamers and regretted that newcomers might struggle with it.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic