Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 501 to 520 of 692

Maaryotyme

@dionysos283 and when the switch 2 comes out they’ll beg for theses games again.
I bet there’s people that are still waiting for windwaker HD and twilight princess 😉

Good thing you didn’t buy a Wii u lol

Edited on by Maaryotyme

Maaryotyme

rallydefault

@dionysos283 @MetalToad
I was a Wii U owner who loved 3D World and really didn't want the Galaxy successor as much as some people did. I was fine with having 3D World and NSMBU on the Wii U (and Mario Maker, maybe my favorite). And I've loved the Switch library and have only purchased a few remakes of Wii U games, namely this one, Tropical Freeze, and Mario Kart 8.

And when the Switch 2 comes out, I don't hope for remakes, I just hope for blanket backwards compatibility. PC has had it forever and competing consoles have it. I don't enjoy keeping legacy consoles plugged in or having to hook them up every time I want to play an older game. Hats off to you if you have the time for that, but I don't these days.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

1UP_MARIO

Another wiiU owner here.
Enjoyed the library and still play the thing.
Don’t regret having the Wii U. It’s a console that plays nearly all the retro Nintendo games all in one.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

rallydefault

@1UP_MARIO
Yea, I don't regret for a second having a Wii U. The new games were fantastic and the Virtual Console let me play so many games that I missed out on because I essentially skipped Nintendo for GC/DS/Wii.

The Wii U ended up being a love letter to Nintendo fans. Which was awesome if you were a Nintendo fan, but not awesome for the investors and company at large lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

dionysos283

For the record: I did not say the Wii U was a terrible system. I said that 3D World is, in my opinion, a sad excuse for a 3D Mario game and it’s a shame that it’s the only 3D Mario on the system.

dionysos283

jump

@dionysos283 WHAT!? 3D World is great. It brings Super Mario Bros 2/USA influences into the game for the first time since then, has a great end boss, it's the most fun multiplayer Mario game, it's got a cool new power up and a lot of the levels are fun and challenging.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@jump
I think they are judging it against Odyssey and Galaxy and those games. Which is obviously not what 3D World was even remotely trying to do, but yea. Lol

rallydefault

Alfredo18

rallydefault wrote:

@dionysos283 @MetalToad
I was a Wii U owner who loved 3D World and really didn't want the Galaxy successor as much as some people did. I was fine with having 3D World and NSMBU on the Wii U (and Mario Maker, maybe my favorite). And I've loved the Switch library and have only purchased a few remakes of Wii U games, namely this one, Tropical Freeze, and Mario Kart 8.

And when the Switch 2 comes out, I don't hope for remakes, I just hope for blanket backwards compatibility. PC has had it forever and competing consoles have it. I don't enjoy keeping legacy consoles plugged in or having to hook them up every time I want to play an older game. Hats off to you if you have the time for that, but I don't these days.

if that happens, you know they will have to add two disc drives, one for wii and one for GC

e

i dont have touch with alot of my friends lol

btw friend code: SW-1378-3968-2485

dionysos283

@jump
I'm sorry to disappoint you with my taste. 😅
I love 2D / 3D platformers, but in my opinion 3D World combines only the worst aspects of both of them without capturing the best in each.

In 2D platformers I love the intricate level design and the flow with which you can run through a level once you mastered the controls (like jumping from enemy to enemy in DKC).

In 3D platformers I love the sandbox exploration, the complex move set, and the varied objectives(like the moons / jiggies in Mario Odyssey and Banjo-Kazooie.

3D World has none of these. It only inherits the bad aspect of 2D (linearity, lack of variety) and 3D (bad camera, less complex level design, deaths due to misjudging jumps).

Maybe I'm missing something here, but that's how I see it.

dionysos283

rallydefault

@Alfredo18
I was talking about backwards compatibility with the Switch. I doubt they would go back to Gamecube and Wii and Wii U lol

rallydefault

Clyde_Radcliffe

dionysos283 wrote:

@jump
I love 2D / 3D platformers, but in my opinion 3D World combines only the worst aspects of both of them without capturing the best in each.

It's funny because that's just how I feel about Mario Galaxy! I felt like it was trying to be both linear like the 2D games and adventure based like the 3D games but did neither well... Too slow, floaty and simple to be a good old school platformer and too linear to be a good platform adventure game.

I thought 3D Land /3D World combined the two game styles far better. 😃

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

rallydefault

I'm also gonna hazard a guess here that some people in this thread haven't gotten very far in the game or perhaps haven't touched the post-game levels at all, especially those complaining of a lack in difficulty or expert paths through the stages.

rallydefault

dionysos283

@Clyde_Radcliffe
I only played Galaxy 1, but also didn't like it too much. I think what I said above actually applies to both 3D World and Galaxy; the difference being that 3D World tries more to be a 2D platformer (despite its name) and Galaxy tries more to be a 3D platformer. But both mix 2D and 3D platforming in way that doesn't capture what makes each genre great, imo.

dionysos283

MarioVillager92

@Sugarkist I'm ready to go anytime. Let me know what time's good for you and whether or not you want to make a room.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sugarkist

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sugarkist I'm ready to go anytime. Let me know what time's good for you and whether or not you want to make a room.

I’m around now if you’d like to play, how do I set something up?!

MarioVillager92

@Sugarkist You press the R button while you're on the map, select "Online Play," then you can pick "Join Game" or "Create Room." I just made a room to make things easy for you.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

MarioVillager92

@Sugarkist Thanks for playing! Sorry I had us play through those hard levels, just the result of me making it so far ahead. Hopefully you still had fun.

Sugarkist

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sugarkist Thanks for playing! Sorry I had us play through those hard levels, just the result of me making it so far ahead. Hopefully you still had fun.

@mariolover92 Apologies, I’m just having a couple of connection problems! I was wanting to play for longer.
I really had fun, no problem for the difficult levels, it shows me what is coming up! I told you I’m not very good at Mario games! Lol
We’ll have to arrange to play again if you’d like?

Edited on by Sugarkist

MarioVillager92

@Sugarkist Ah it's okay. No harm done. And yeah we could play again sometime! Maybe next weekend or something. I guess we could play on your file (by creating a room), since I'm literally at the final world now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic