Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 221 to 240 of 692

VoidofLight

@Dezzy I believe the official website itself confirmed that you fight bowser multiple times to unlock new areas. Let me check.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

Yes they've just confirmed that it unlocks new areas! So everything covered in black sludge, will end up turning into new areas. So should be a fairly decent size overall, based on what we can see in the trailer. The total world size should be quite big.
I'm guessing about 2 hours to complete?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

dionysos283

So do you guys think it's likely that we'll get a treehouse event with more infos before the launch of 3D World? Nintendo did it last year with Paper Mario, Pikmin 3, and Age of Calamity.

dionysos283

chipia

If Bowser's Fury will be short, they better give it some replay value. Higher difficulty levels and randomly generated levels would be nice.

chipia

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 Only if it's paired with a 3rd party title (MH Rise perhaps?). I think the Partner Showcases and Treehouse Live events of 2020 had deals made with 3rd parties before E3 was cancelled:

• Paper Mario + Bakugan - There was probably a deal with WayForward in place to announce Bakugan at E3 Treehouse Live
  • Pikmin 3 + Age of Calamity - There was probably a deal with Koei Tecmo in place to reveal new Age of Calamity info at E3 Treehouse Live
  • Each of the Partner Showcases (July - October) probably had deals in place with 3rd parties to reveal games and/or new info about games in the E3 Direct which didn't happen

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dan958

As one of the many people that did not have a Wii-U, I am happy to be able to play this on the Switch.

dan958

Twitter:

Dezzy

chipia wrote:

If Bowser's Fury will be short, they better give it some replay value. Higher difficulty levels and randomly generated levels would be nice.

I've replayed 3D World like 5 times since it released. These games do have good replay value. You just have to wait a year or so, and then you forget most of it and can play it again.

dionysos283

@dan958
Me, too. Ever since I had my Switch, I was hoping for a port of 3D World.
But unlike most people, I'm so far not very impressed by Bowser's Fury. I'm still skeptical of the length and replayability of this "game". But since it's just bonus content, I'll gladly take it anyway. 😉
But for me at least it would not be reason enough to double dip.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

Budda

Can't wait to play the regular game. I played it back on Wii U to death. I had more fun with 3D World than with Odyssey. With the faster movement I hope it doesn't alter the gameplay negatively. What am I saying, it probably will make it better!
Bowser's Fury will be just a little bonus for me.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

dionysos283

@Budda
Did the gameplay of the Wii U version feel "sluggish", or why do you think they increased movement speed?

dionysos283

Solaine

@dionysos283 I wont double dip on the game for the exact reason you just mentioned, however i didn't really think the gameply of the Wii U was sluggish in any way, didn't even know that its a thing till i read this thread. Then again, it has been a while i guess

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Budda

@dionysos283
It didn't felt sluggish at all.
My only worry is Toad. He was a bit too fast for my taste. With the faster movement he is even faster! 😂

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

mr_somewhere

@Balta666

In all honesty if that's how you feel about Galaxy I would probably avoid. I had a lot of fun playing through it with friends but playing 3D-World on your own leaves a lot to be desired, at least that's how I feel about it. The boost in speed will probably do a fair bit to alleviate this but I don't know if it would be enough to recommend it.

Again, if somehow you did have people to play it with it's a blast but skip it otherwise, I'd say skip it. Bowser's Fury looks great but I think it's likely to be a touch too short.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

VoidofLight

@Balta666 This game is probably my favorite 3D Mario game, and the single player is strong, despite the game being meant for multiplayer. I enjoyed a lot of the level design when playing alone, as I don't really have many people to play the game with either. However, the switch port has online multiplayer now, so you can get together with friends online. However, it's not a game like Galaxy, and is more like a 3D classic Mario game, over an actual 3D Mario experience.

dionysos283

@Balta666
It's funny that you say that. I also like 2D platformers (I love the DKC series!), but don't like most 2D Mario games, especially the "New Super Mario Bros." games. I wonder why that is? 🤔

dionysos283

VoidofLight

@Balta666 I wouldn't say it's exactly like classic mario, but it's not like 3D mario either. There's a goal post, and three stars per level. I don't like 2D Mario either honestly, but I liked this game.

Dezzy

dionysos283 wrote:

@Budda
Did the gameplay of the Wii U version feel "sluggish", or why do you think they increased movement speed?

No it didn't feel sluggish at all. I don't know why they changed it.

Maybe because they wanted to make sure speedrunners bought a second copy, Lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic