Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 201 to 220 of 692

dionysos283

@Dezzy
What kind of hidden collectibles do you mean? I doubt the light houses have separate areas inside. šŸ˜•

dionysos283

Dezzy

@dionysos283

There are several examples in the trailer where the cat coins are placed in obviously hard-to-reach places. A bit like blue coins in Mario Sunshine.

I simply mean that it won't be a case of running straight through a level and finishing it very quickly. They're putting some need for exploration and experimenting in there too, like with the Odyssey type games. That makes it take a bit longer. Especially on your first playthrough.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

dionysos283

@Dezzy
I just assumed that multiple (5?) cat coins add up to one "cat sprite", which you need to unlock the giant bell. Similar how in Odyssey 5 moon shards add up to one moon.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

BruceCM

If it is anything like that, there'll be enough available fairly easily but if you want to collect the rest, they're increasingly difficult....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

dionysos283

@BruceCM
We'll just have to wait and see. But my theory is, that all available cat coins are necessary to open the light houses, which in turn unlock the giant bell.

dionysos283

VoidofLight

@BongoBongo In that scene where they show the snow island with the bell, take a quick look at the bell itself. It's resting on a podium that really doesn't follow the same structure as the first bell. Not to mention, the layout of the island and puzzles on it don't match. In the promotional images, they even show a shot of the first island, with the snow one in the background, and they even basically confirm there's multiple islands in the overview trailer that came out today.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

Do you guys think they need to let Bowser J be playable in more mario games?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

BongoBongo

@VoidofLight they explicitly confirmed in the trailer today that you unlock ā€œthe giga bellā€ which implies there is just one

BongoBongo

1UP_MARIO

Super Mario 3d world/Bowsers fury steel book when ordering from Nintendo UK

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

VoidofLight

@BongoBongo But there are more than just one. Two were shown in the trailer itself. One on the snowy island, and one on the normal one. Unless it snows on the island in the game, which I doubt, then why is there another? I'd post images to compare the two bells and prove my point more, but I don't know how to post images here.

Dezzy

@dionysos283

I was thinking of those cat coins, not the shines. They don't look "hidden" per se, but they do look like they're deliberately hard to reach in some situations.

dionysos283

@Dezzy
Oh, so you don't think that like 5 cat coins will get you one Cat Shine, like it was in Odyssey?

dionysos283

MarioVillager92

Went ahead and preordered the game. Now I just have to think of whether I want to replay 3D World or jump straight into Bowser's Fury. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Dezzy

@dionysos283

I dunno exactly what they'll do! They seem like a separate thing though.

Someone has pointed out that there are multiple of those giant cat bells as well. I hadn't realized this. So now my theory is that you fight Bowser multiple times throughout the game, and each time in unlocks a new part of the map that was hidden in that black sludge. That seems like the most Nintendo approach to it.

dionysos283

@Dezzy
In the link I posted above it says that there will be multiple islands. So maybe there will be one giant bell on each of them?

dionysos283

VoidofLight

I believe the website confirms you have to fight Fury Bowser multiple times, so seems about right.

Dezzy

@dionysos283

Multiple islands is a bit ambiguous though. We already know it's divided into different islands from the footage. But do they mean groups of islands that compose separate stages, or something like that?

VoidofLight

@Dezzy It seems to just be multiple islands, which unlock after each Fury Bowser fight, with the map opening up more and more. So in a way, it could be considered that each island is a stage in a sense, but it's an open map, so it's technically all one stage.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

Well we don't know that yet. It could all be unlocked from the start, and we're basically seeing the entire thing in those trailers.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic