Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 961 to 980 of 5,037

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV So, how many Cohozunas (king salmons) have you beat? I've still only beat one. I only play solo queue.

Do you think flyfish tenta missiles or small fry are OP, need to be nerfed? Or anything needs nerfing in salmon run?

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

sixrings

I have four copies of Splatoon 3, four switches, and we are trying to get the answer to a question even Nintendo customer service can't seem to figure out....
When we try to set u a local wireless play game between our systems in the shoal we have 8 stages available to play in Turf Battle. However when we play salmon run we are only able to play Sockeye Station.

sixrings

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes I've defeated 14 so far. I think the hardest thing to deal with right now are the Big Shots. Whenever I see those things on the shoreline I know we're in for a rough wave.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV So, about how much of those 14 defeated Cohozuna were solo queuing vs playing with friends? Pardon my curiousity.

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Mostly solo. The friend that I usually play with dies a lot, haha. Fastest kill I've had was with 42 seconds to spare.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

@BenAV 14!? HOW!? I've only managed 3!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BenAV

@Fizza Just playing a lot and occasionally finding a good team, haha.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

sixrings wrote:

I have four copies of Splatoon 3, four switches, and we are trying to get the answer to a question even Nintendo customer service can't seem to figure out....
When we try to set u a local wireless play game between our systems in the shoal we have 8 stages available to play in Turf Battle. However when we play salmon run we are only able to play Sockeye Station.

@sixrings Interesting. I don't know if anyone else in here has played local multiplayer salmon run. If it's always only Sockey Station, regardless of the SR schedule, I'm guessing it's as-designed, even thought that is surprising omission on Nintendo's part.

I would also maybe tell NL's news tip channel via the contact button. I don't know if this may be too-niche, but it's an interesting bit, that I haven't heard about. (I don't mean "too niche" as a put down. I'd love to play SR locally, that would be awesome! But, I bet a lot of people never get to play Splatoon via local wireless or via LAN connection.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

sixrings

@WoomyNNYes for the record when you play local wireless play in splatoon 2 everything is unlocked even if you never have played online. So this is very frustrating.

Local wireless play is how our family survived the first year of lock down. So we have been waiting for splatoon 3 for a while.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV @Fizza With BenAV being at Eggsecutive rank, I imagine the pool of players is more competent? Or BenAV is that much of a badass at Salmon Run.

@BenAV Do you notice experience more competent teammates in Eggsecutive ranks? Or are you playing at late night/early morning when less newbs/kids are on?

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes I'd say the players are generally better as you get higher so that does at least counter-balance the difficulty spike. I play at all sorts of times because my sleep patterns are weird but I'm in a similar timezone to Japan.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

sixrings wrote:

@WoomyNNYes for the record when you play local wireless play in splatoon 2 everything is unlocked even if you never have played online. So this is very frustrating.
Local wireless play is how our family survived the first year of lock down. So we have been waiting for splatoon 3 for a while.

Yeah, I understand all that. I'm thinking Nintendo, for some reason, only had Sockeye Station ready at launch for local play. Maybe they have to cater the AI for each map for local play, and the other maps aren't ready yet. I don't know what those reasons could be. I'm assuming the other SR maps will become available for local play with a future update. We also know more modes are coming the Splatoon 3 & Salmon Run. Maybe that's playing a part somehow. - These are just my best guesses, or a feeling I have.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@sixrings I don't have anyone to test it with but I just went into The Shoal and opened up a Salmon Run room and it allows me to pick between any of the currently released stages.

BenAV

sixrings

@BenAV I wonder if its something I have to unlock in regular online play? perhaps I have to use that free 7 day pass and upgrade my character... will I have to upgrade all the characters though?

sixrings

BenAV

@sixrings No idea but it's worth trying with at least the host first. You should be able to choose the map settings before anyone else even enters the room. The regular modes should have 12 maps too.

BenAV

sixrings

@BenAV yeah my regular mode has 8. So perhaps that’s part of it. Frustrating for sure.

How many salmon run levels are there?

sixrings

BenAV

@sixrings Three so far.

BenAV

Fizza

@BenAV Ah come on now: you know you were carrying.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@sixrings In case it's region specific thing, I'm in the US (same online region as canada?). I checked SR in the Shoal, and I can pick from the 3 maps: Gonefission Hydroplant, Sockeye Station, and Spawning Grounds. (that's all Splatoon 3 has so far for Salmon Run)

Maybe, you haven't unlocked the other SR maps yet? Has the host Switch played through the Salmon Run tutorial? I can only speculate what unlocks the other two Salmon Run maps. A lot of Splatoon 3 stuff was tied to reaching level 4 in Turf War (you probably know that bit, just trying to cover all the bases)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

sixrings

I am in canada. I will sign up for a subscriptions and see what happens

sixrings

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic