Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 5,071

Croctopus

The Sizzle Season 2023 catalog from Inkipedia.
https://cdn.wikimg.net/en/splatoonwiki/images/3/39/S3_Catalog...
We can now own Nintendo consoles from the Game & Watch to GameCube, only the names are different in the world of Splatoon.
Game & Watch- Play & Observe
NES- Intended Entertainment System
SNES- Supreme Ness
N64- eight-squared game system
Game Boy- see-through Game Youth
GameCube- cubic gaming system

Whirling Deep Cut Fan
Team Bucket List: Die for Frye

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Dev9417 I like how the GC they used has a Game Boy Player attached.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

GameCubes in real life are damn expensive, I can get a Splatoon 3 version instead I guess

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Fizza
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Here's the English version of the tweet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Chaotic_Neutral

Picking this up today, anyone want to squad up with a noob and show me the basics.
We can set up a party through Discord or Xbox to talk tactics and have a laugh.

Old Grumpy and stuck in my ways.

Jhena

Even after over hundred hours I am still enjoying this game alot. Today I reached rank B. People are really giving it their all in those modes.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

MarioVillager92

@Dev9417 Ok, that's actually pretty sweet. Can't wait to give my locker that Nintendo flair... if only I could decorate my ACNH home with them, but this is the next best thing.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Chaotic_Neutral

This is probably me being stupid but I can't find how to disable the characters talking volume. I hate the jibberish the goblins chat in the opening sequence.
I don't want to mute the TV as the background music is pretty good but I hate having to listen to the goblins waffle on

WoomyNNYes

@Chaotic_Neutral You mean the news opening when you boot up the game? The first time you boot up the game, or if there's a game update, you have to sit through it. 98% of the time, you can button-press the L stick to skip the news. When news is skippable, the upper left of the news screen has a note that says 'press L stick to skip news'.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Chaotic_Neutral

@WoomyNNYes that's the one and when you hear them talking in shops. The weird noises they make go through me like nails on a chalk board lol.

I'm also struggling with the motion controls, feels weird still having to use the left stick and motion instead of 1 or rhe other.

WoomyNNYes

@Chaotic_Neutral Almost sounds like you have splatoon set up on surround sound, and the surround mode has the center channel boosted with the squid voices? If that's not the case, nevermind.

Yeah, the weapon store guy rambles when you get a new weapon, and it's annoying, but it's only when new weapons are introduced, and you can hit FFW on those speeches.

It's common that the motion control feels jarring for people that are new to it. And the camera can jostle around when walking around in splatsville, but when you're on a single player stage, or playing an online match, you're usually swimming in ink you just shot, which doesn't jostle the camera. The main thing is to rest your hands on your lap to stabilize the camera. Most people get used to it & prefer the aim control. Some don't.

Motion annoyed me initially, but I got used to keeping my controller more stable on my lap, and after about a day or two of using motion, I could see my aim reactions were better, and never went back to stick-only.

You can still use your sticks when motion on. I still use the stick to turn when I'm moving around a map, but use motion to aim the gun. Don't know if you tried adjusting motion settings. I think when I was new, I may have bumped motion sensitivity down to -1, or around there. After 6 months or a year, I may have put it at 0. After playing a ton of splatoon 2, and now splatoon 3, I have my motion set at +0.5.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Chaotic_Neutral

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Almost sounds like you have splatoon set up on surround sound, and the surround mode has the center channel boosted with the squid voices?

You can still use your sticks when motion on. I still use the stick to turn when I'm moving around a map, but use motion to aim the gun. Don't know if you tried adjusting motion settings.

Yes been playing on the TV and have the soundbar synced with the TV speakers and have it set on game mode for the Xbox and PlayStation. I normally disable subs as I prefer to listen to the characters speak but I hate the weird noises incorporated into Nintendo games because thwy are too cheap to get voice actors in. Played Animal Crossing muted as a result but like the background music in Splatoon too much. Shame there isn't an option in the Accessibility options.

Will try and stick with motion, it just feels weird as I'm used to either twin stick on console or full motion on Quest 2, so it feels a little jarring being stuck in the middle. It also won't work having to keep my hands in my lap as I have ADHD so never keep my hands in a set position for long lol.

just wish I could find people to play with online. I seriously miss the LFG boards after swapping from Xbox to another console.

Appreciate the help dude

Budda

It seems like the new Salmon Run map shift is at June 2nd. And it looks like either the new brush or blaster is in this rotation.
I have to experience the new map first hand, but I have the bad feeling it is one of the not so good maps. It looks like other maps in low tide. And low tide isn't really people's strength...
Hopefully better than Shipyard I guess.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Budda

Fixed an issue that prevented a Flyfish from exploding even if it was hit with its own missiles.

Didn't know Flyfish can destroy themselves when they are hit with their own missiles. 😅

WoomyNNYes

@Budda Good!😠(😆) I didnt know that either. Although, if there are flyfish able to shoot each other, I'm thinking that mostly happens if you're getting crew-wiped?

'Tendo liker

WaffleBoat

My favorite splatoon 3 community post was during the holidays when a lot of new players started the game. The community post said this:
“New players! Flyfish are friends DO NOT splat them. They will splat other salmonids for you”.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Budda

In the new update there aren't just 3 new songs (from Yoko). There are additional 3 lobby music tracks! [Pop 'n' Schlock, Clashing Colors and Dorsal Slicer.]
Pop 'n' Schlock is amazing! ❤️

There's an unfortunate thing they patched. The preview at the juke box does not play the full track anymore. Just a few seconds.

@WoomyNNYes
I think if you're in the right position they hit themselves, I guess.

Snatcher

Please, I beg of you, splatoon please, please get rid of tenta missiles, you already have like three other amazing replacements!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic