Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 4,886

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza 🤣 Oh, I was explaining it, in case anyone didn't know how to do it. Forgive me if I described the process wrong. But totally understandable if you thought i was asking. 🤣 Funny.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

OctoKing

What are your thoughts on squid parties. If you don’t know what a squid party is it’s when you along with a couple players don’t splat each other and just mash ZL.

(Insert Signature Here)
Switch FC: I don’t know! Just type in random letters/numbers and hope that you get OctoKing!
Currently playing: Zelda TOTK

Croctopus

@OctoKing I think I’ve only been in one or two since 3’s launch. Seems to me like it was mostly a Splatoon 2 thing when the game had long since been done. I hope I don’t see it much in this game. Not to be a party pooper but I’m usually indifferent or even frustrated whenever it does happen. Even if it’s just plain ol’ Turf War, I’m just trying to win so I can get more money or catalog points here! At least Turf War in 2 didn’t have much purpose once I had maxed out my money and experience. Nintendo has fixed that longevity issue in 3.

Bonerattle Arena Legendary Warrior
Pedal to the Megalodontia!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

I think being able to interact with other players/ghosts in the lobby between matches has let people get squid party antics or general person to person interaction out of their system so they don't feel compelled to do it in matches as much. (I just had that realization)

'Tendo liker

Budda

Speaking of the devil... Today I had a player calling himself 'squidparty' in Turf War. He tried, but no one followed along and got splated all the time till he gave up.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

GX_64

@OctoKing I usually find them very annoying, although if lots of players disconnect and a normal game is not possible any more I don't mind if other players start one. I still wouldn't start one though. I have noticed that they are much less common in Splatoon 3 than they were in 2.

GX_64

Vortexeo

@OctoKing I was really late to the party with Splatoon 2 but oh man I do remember those and they were really annoying. Reminds me of taunt parties from smash bros.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Budda

I just had a weird disconnect in Salmon Run.
I dc'ed normaly and when I reconnected there was the prompt that the map rotation changed.(15 minutes from when it originally changed) So far so good. Then I dc'ed again... Then a error message from the Switch UI popped up saying, that not all data could be uploaded. Or something like that. Can't remember the wording anymore.
I never had this weird error message in the entire lifespan of the Switch. If it would have been an error message in game it woudn't be too weird, sure. But it was an Switch UI error message.
It's probably nothing special. It just feels weird to me because I very rarely disconnect. Other players dc all the time for me. And then it's a new error message I've never seen before.

WoomyNNYes

@Budda In the past two months, there was one time I got the map change notification 5-10 minutes early. I'd never seen that happen before either. And, I think the map change notification still happened at the turn of the hour, too?, if I remember right.

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

The freelance matching meta has been trashed since pools were added. I used to commonly get veteran SR teammates with salmon run badges, but that's extremely rare anymore.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

F******ING EXSCUSE ME!?

brb, currently going feral right now.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

GreenTea

@WoomyNNYes It's not terrible, is it? I got paired with some amazing players yesterday and actually got up to 400 Eggsecutive VP on Marooner's bay with them! At least in Europe, there is still some great players in freelance

You definitely need to get into the VP 100's to stop being paired with... weaker coworkers

Maybe if you tune in at the beginning of a new rotation, when everyone's rank goes back to 40, you'll have more chance to find better players?

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

Budda

I have to say Sockeye Station pretty much got unplayable because all of the "weak" players. Marooner's Bay and Spawning Ground are very easy in comparison. My theory is that weak players just don't try those two maps anymore, and you get paired with more experienced players..
No seriously.. One of the easy maps got unplayable...
Hydroplant on the other hand literally forces players to stay near the basket. Oh, forgot to mention it... I lose on Sockeye because of not reaching quota. They stay 90% of the time at the shore. Dying is not the problem. It's like Jersey Shore is their favourite show, if you know what I mean. lol 😂

GreenTea

@Budda Yeah, maybe because Marooner and Spawning Grounds are old and dusty, new players aren't really drawn to them?

And I have to say, I was really negative about Marooner returning but yesterday completely changed my mind. The egg throw completely recontextualises the map. Being able to throw eggs to the shipwreck is absolutely crucial, and you can absolutely make use of the slamming lids and fish sticks to get back to safety on the bridge.
It's reaaaally fun now, can you imagine if Ruins of Ark Polaris came back? That would also be very much improved

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Since this is text, I don't understand if you're disappointed or happy.😆

Nintendo of america's title doesn't say "brand new hometown". If that's your issue. Maybe it's just a translation thing. "Tomorrow's nostalgia today" makes more sense.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Wolfleaf My lesser-known pet peeve is struggling to paint a Flipflopper ring by myself with a charger. Right when I think I've finally painted enough of the ring, it still fails to block the flipflopper dive. Dammit!!!🤣 (I might have the same problem with a range blaster)

EDIT: I don't have a gloopsuit yet. I've been saving for the black one. I'm sitting at 62 silver scales. Although, it is very tempting to get the yellow gloopsuit. Currently, I only have a these slopsuits: orange, yellow, pink, and black.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

card-crunch78

@WoomyNNYes I just hope Nintendo doesn't flag it like when I drew a ketchup bottle (poorly because of lack of art skills at the time) in the Miiverse Sketch game in Game & Wario.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic