Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 5,070

MarioVillager92

@octokid Aww, thank you.

@WoomyNNYes Personally I like picking whichever option I like the best in Splatfests, regardless of if it gets the popular vote or not. Then I'll do my best to bring home wins for my team. I picked Team Sweet since I've always liked sweet treats more than the other choices.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Croctopus

@GreenTea No, the popular team really has won every Splatfest so far. Which I’m cool with, because the popularity curse sucked and had always been a major flaw with Splatfest in past games. If the popular team always wins now, then that could be a problem, but I’m not expecting that to happen.

Anyways, I’m hoping there’s another Splatfest in February. I’ve been thinking that there might be a pattern of two Splatfests and one Big Run every season. There wasn’t Big Run yet but Drizzle Season had two Splatfests, not counting the Splatfest World Premiere.

And when it comes to choosing a team, I don’t see a problem with choosing your favorite idol’s team if you truly don’t have a strong preference or if you like or dislike all three choices.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Dev9417 At some point nintendo did change splatfests in splatoon 2 so the less popular team could win. I expect they'll change something for splatoon 3 at some point.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

GreenTea

@Dev9417 Yes, that's true. But come on, this isn't a sports bet, just pick the team you like most and have fun! Sure, winning is fun but that's not the ultimate point, and I'm pretty sure you already know that.

I also hope there's another splatfest coming soon but I'm pretty sure we'll have to wait 2 months for it. Maybe we'll get a Big Run every four months and Splatfest every two months, which I'm cool with

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

Grumblevolcano

I'm not sure, would a Splatfest happen just after a season has begun? The previous Splatfests were (this is with UK time zone):

• 24/9 - 26/9
  • 12/11 - 14/11 (7 weeks after)
  • 7/1 - 9/1 (8 weeks after)

Taking these timings into account, Splatfest 4 would be either 25/2 - 27/2 (the weekend before Season 3 begins) or 4/3 - 6/3 (the first weekend of Season 3).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GreenTea

@Grumblevolcano I'm pretty sure they could, personally, but they might also not, who knows?

jump

This feels like a stupid question since I’ve got 100+ hours on the game but how do I check my weapons to see if I’ve earned a ticket to buy a new weapon already?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GreenTea

@jump Press ZL on a weapon to check the info screen. There's a bar at the top that shows you their rank. 1 star= ticket!

Hope that helps!

jump

@GreenTea that’s what I’m looking for, thanks!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

I have only one piece left to complete in the WanderCrust challenge in the NSO Splatoon 3 app, and it's the Spawning Grounds inkage area. How often does that inkage total update? Before I played today, my Spawning Grounds inkage total was 193886. After I played for a couple hours, the total still hasn't been updated. The amount I was willing to play today depended on how close I got to completing the challenge.

If anyone hasn't seen, the WanderCrust completion reward is a pair of cool looking black & white trainers(running shoes), called "Fry Tops". https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Fry_Tops

EDIT: I think Wandercrust stats may be updated when the in-game maps change, which is every two hours. Mine finally updated. What a slog this is, grinding Spawning Grounds for this challenge. I only added 7000 points so far today. 193,886 -> 200,000. (333,333 needed to complete it).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes No, it only boosts level experience unfortunately.

As for the Wandercrust thing, you don't need to play on that specific map as it's just about your overall turf inked. In fact, Salmon Run doesn't count at all I'm pretty sure (unless they've changed that in an update) so you're wasting your time grinding Spawning Grounds.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

What's the webpage called that can predict shellout machine payouts? You plug the capsule color sequence you got, and it will tell you what the next capsule colors will be.

I'm tired of missing out on the coolest banners from the shellout machine. I could use some the help.

Who's the smartypants that knows? I can't recall what the site is called, and google isn't' helping (because I'm not asking good search terms).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ChaoticMagolor

It seems we may not get a Big Run this month… Wasn’t counting on it anyway, but still disappointing.

OatmealDome’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1615778799500541970?s=...

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

WoomyNNYes

Ahhhh, "seed checker". haha. Yeah, that's it. Thank you @ChaoticKirby. Welcome the the site, by the way!

EDIT: Oh, wait. (just looked at the site) That's for predicting ability chunk loadouts. Fooey. I forgot that's what it was. I mistakenly thought it predicted shellout machine capsule colors. Anyway, I think that's what I was thinking about, I just had it wrong. Thanks!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes It does have shell-out machine payouts too.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

ChaoticMagolor

@WoomyNNYes You’re welcome! I thought I had sent the right link, but I guess I didn’t. As @BenAV said, there is a shell-out machine payout seed on the site, which is actually in this link: https://leanny.github.io/splat3seedchecker/#/seedlisting

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

novasoup

how does everybody feel about the new patch? i've seen pro players say that it hasn't changed enough, but i think that the massive buffs to triple inkstrike will make hp specials a lot more vulnerable

playing right now:
splatoon 3
fortnite
pizza tower

Switch Friend Code: SW-2640-3349-1323 | My Nintendo: novasoup

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic