Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 5,038

mr_somewhere

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, I thought about it, will be giving it another go and just more carefully considering when I play as well as trying to get out there and find people that I can reliably play with, that'll hopefully revive my interest in the game. I feel I should focus less on how other people do and take solace in how I play, which I normally do. I don't know what it was that irked me. When I tried playing Turf War for a bit that was just some silly fun to blow off steam so I did, in the end, manage to squeeze some fun out of it.

Now... if only they ran these events just a little bit longer...

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

BenAV

Been a while since I've really gone hard at a Salmon Run shift. Finally got the MAX Hazard Level Cleared badge.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

I am 87 egg hell: no matter what I do, I just can't get past that hi-score. On the one hand, it's more frustrating than you could ever imagine when Big Run is as difficult as it is. On the other though....it does give me an opportunity to finally use this GIF.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

My high score is 109, got a really lucky wave 3 which provided 52 eggs. Don't remember what happened, shame you can't rewatch Salmon Run shifts.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

chapuH

Glowflies seem to be an actual nightmare on WW, because of there being so little space to run and no high ground. Just got back-to-back first waves on it and in both cases got wiped out within 30 seconds.

Hope you're having a good day.

WoomyNNYes

Yeah, so. In case anyone hadn't discovered it yet, we cannot save Jobs from Big Run.

I agree, @Grumblevolcano, I would love to rewatch jobs to ananlyze what's going wrong, see if teammate's fault, or mine. It would help me learn, for sure.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@chapuH When it's on the edge of the map it's not so bad but in the middle it's a nightmare. The ledges on the sides are reasonably safe but they're outside of throwing distance from the basket which makes it hard to utilise them and still reach quota.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Maxz

Very impressed with 168. The highest I got was 114, and even that felt miraculous after finally having a few good sessions with a competent team that balanced collecting with attacking.

I’ve been in a few teams were one of the players didn’t even put a single golden egg in the basket. It reminds me of the Clam Blitz players who don’t seemed to have clocked that the move has anything to do with clams. Bleh.

Anyway, hopefully 114 is sufficient for whatever magical reward they’ve got in stock for us tomorrow.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

@Maxz Even though Big Run takes your rank into account, I feel like the average player is worse than during regular Salmon Run matches. I haven't reached 102 yet. I've seen the reward and I don't care enough to grind until I get a lucky team.

Octane

BenAV

@Maxz High tide Mothership wave to start with really set us up for a big one.

Untitled

I played a lot more after that and never got anywhere near again.

BenAV

Budda

@BenAV
That's not fair. You get into lobbies with japanese players!
They generally play alot better in Salmon Run. Saw many japanese players got 200+ highscores.
I'm probably not going to be in the top 5% with a 133 hoghscore I guess. :')

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BenAV

@Budda I play with Japanese players a lot due to being in a similar timezone. It's hard to know exactly what the thresholds are going to be but I'd guess that 133 will probably be in the top 5%. There would be a lot of inexperienced Salmon Run players jumping in for a bit just to check out Big Run so that should lower it a lot. The pro players that get really high scores would be a small minority.

BenAV

chapuH

@BenAV Um... both my waves were on the map edge. (says quite a bit about me as an SR player).
@Octane Where does 80 put you?

Hope you're having a good day.

Fizza

Calling it quits with a high-score of 91. It ain't the 100's I keep seeing around me (seriously HOW DO YOU GUYS MANAGE IT) but I've thoroughly enjoyed Big Run this time round. Hopefully they make some tweaks to provide more of an incentive to do it (maybe Sea Snails since this'll be our monthly Splatfest replacement?) but I'm definitely excited for the next one to roll around. My random prediction for the next map to get Big Run-ified is probably going to be Mincemeat Metalworks so we'll just have to wait and see what transpires I suppose!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

I landed 111 eggs. And like @Octane mentioned, teams have been worse & weaker during Big Run. (See, unlike Splatoon Jesus BenAV's super japanese region pool, the american region is full of mouth breathers. Over here, we barely get our pants on, or enough air for the day.) Just had an 11 job losing streak. We were dying first wave at around 120% hazard level. I can't help but wonder if I, or others, are simply getting over-ranked. Still, I hover around Pro 3... well until that 11 loss streak. Now I'm back in Pro 2.

On the plus side. I think I got 9 silver scales this weekend. Don't know how many jobs that was, as NSO app only shows up to 50 jobs. Could be as many as 75+. I grinded the heck out of Big Run today.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ok1

@Octane
That was just a estimation, not actually indicating what the real percentages are. But, they probably used data from normal salmon run to make that guess, so likely accurate.

hello

BenAV

Wow okay, those numbers are a lot higher than I thought they'd be.
Untitled

BenAV

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic