Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 5,004

StarPoint

Dude I have played 15 games and have not won a single one… I feel like the difficulty is way too high.

I had to wave goodbye to my Eggsecutive VP rank once again

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

StarPoint

Alright, so this mode is tough as nails. It's a really cool concept, but like @Grumblevolcano said, Salmon Run's difficulty in general is just too high, and it applies here as well. I was able to win about 4 matches out of the ~20 I played, which isn't a great ratio.

I think Big Run has a ton of potential but it just needs to be balanced further to really shine.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Croctopus

I have never done better in Splatoon 3's Salmon Run until now. I'm over 200 as Eggsecutive VP and I splatted two King Salmonids. I splatted the first one I fought at Wahoo World, which happened to be the one that got me the Cohozuna badge. My teammates seemed to be all wonderfully capable. My only disappointment is the lack of rewards. I can't tell if the likelihood of getting silver and gold scales has increased or not, and there's no Super Sea Snails.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Croctopus

It's worth pointing out that the lack of occurrences helped me a lot. Seriously, the only occurrence seems to be fog. No Mudmouthes, no Mothership, no tornado, no Grillers, no Goldie seeking, no waves of Cohocks, and best of all, no Glowflies! Don't know if that's official but all I've occurred is fog.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Dev9417 Well, they did double the number of bonus ball rewards, in a way. They main bunch of balls ended at 1200, but for Big Run, they are reward up to 2400 points. We also earn catalog points 1.2X more - not huge, but it is more. But I will agree, I was hoping for something bigger with the rewards.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Cynas

@Dev9417 I've had Glowflies and Mothership, but the occurrences do seem to be less common in Big Run.

I was kind of hoping Big Run had a couple special occurrences, but in general it just feels like normal Salmon Run on a different map. A unique King Salmonid would have been fun too. I love salmon run though, so I'm still enjoying it, but it doesn't feel as special as it was hyped up to be.

My current high score is 107, I wonder if that's enough to get the top decoration. I might be too busy the rest of the weekend to try to get any higher.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

GX_64

I have had Grillers as well.

I am enjoying Big Run, but it isn't as exciting as a Splatfest. I only played it for about an hour today, but I usually play the Splatfest for much longer.
I will probably play more tomorrow since I was busy today.
The atmosphere is really good. I like how the sky has changed and lots of the sounds in the square are missing. The Splatcast was also great

GX_64

Fizza

Played about 10 sessions of Big Run earlier on, getting Cohozuna once and only one special wave being Grillers and I've gotta say: I'm really enjoying it.

Wahoo World works shockingly well as a Salmon Run map (so much so that I kind of wish it was just one all of the time. Maybe in Splatoon 4?), the music is absolutely incredible (I got literal chills hearing the Splatcast/Lobby music for the first time), the random weapon rotation has been really fun and Squesus Christ the SWARMS.
Untitled
I am getting beaten down to an inky pulp but my god is it so much fun. I'd say my only real complaint is that the rewards for doing Big Run are kind of eh (being just the regular SR rewards but more, extra levels for the catalogue and a trophy that 99% of the player base probably won't be able to grab the peak version of) but other than that? I can't wait to keep going and hopefully Big Run will get added to Private Battles a la Splatfests when they're all said and done.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Dev9417 I had a glowflies at low tide in Big Run. I had a roller at the narrow ramp a the far side of the carousel (central round area). I held the rush off for a while, but my newb teammates weren't backing me up. Even though, I just set the roller down to block enemies while saving ink, the weaker roller still gets pushed forward and back so much, that I eventually rand out of ink. As soon as I ran out of ink, none of my teammates(total newbs?) were shooting, or positioned to back me up, as soon as the rush broke past me, and they all died immediately - crew wipe. sigh

The only other event I encountered was a mothership. I thik I had two mothership events.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

There's actually a big reason why the special events seem to be much less frequent: the particularly unique ones such as Cohock Rush, Mudmouths, Goldies and Tornado have all been removed from the Big Run event pool.

My guess is that due to how much different these ones are from the more combat/survival orientated ones, they thought it'd be best to just not have them show up on a regular game-mode map like Wahoo World (could you imagine how the cannons or tornado could even function on a map as relatively tiny as that?). Not sure why Goldies were taken away though, I think that could've worked just fine with a bit of tweaking.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

I'll agree, Big Run isn't as special as I thought it would be. So, what would make Big Run more on par with a Splatfest?

I think maybe Big Run could barrow more from Splatfest. Splatfest has cool fun dance club music, cool dance club lighting, and glowing ink. Big Run has the changed environmental lighting, I guess the music is different? Although, it's not that different, and it's not particularly fun. Nintendo could give us some glowing ink. (Actually, I find it kind of disappointing that the helicopter ride has no music. I guess the lack of music here is supposed to make it the mood feel more serious, like a last minute call to war. It's kind of grim to me, though. Not sure it helps the game for Big Run.)

I think maybe there should be some unique enemy, or scale drops, or unique reason salmonids could drop actual scales in the game during a job. Maybe reward them to everyone evenly to prevent selfish teammates.

Another thing, we haven't had any new themed Splatfest gear in Splatoon 3. New gear could spice up Big Run.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

mr_somewhere

Looking for some advice:

I was having a lot of fun with the game when it first came out then I took a break to do some other things (I was also very busy). I couldn't get back into it during the last Splatfest for whatever reason and the random team rng and matchmaking irritated me so I left it again and decided to come back for the Big Run. At first I had a lot of fun during the first round (I usually consistently enjoy Salmon Run, at least) but then round after round my team lost again and again because people wouldn't deposit eggs or really silly stuff. I know it's dumb but I just started to resent the game in ways I rarely do. I'm wondering now if this just isn't for me and am considering selling it to get trade in value for something I might prefer (something I haven't done in many years).

Am I taking it too seriously? Is there any way to make it more fun or should I just drop it? I really was having fun for those first two months or so and now, nothing.

Any advice is welcome. I don't think any game has gotten such a virulent reaction from me, maybe it's just a case of being stressed and this bringing it out.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

StarPoint

@mr_somewhere I’ve ran into those problems too. One thing that might help is to try to find people to play with that are actually good. There’s lots of communities on platforms like Discord with people that are either already good or are trying to improve alongside each other.

Teammates are super important in this game, and if your teammates are bad, it makes the experience significantly worse. Matchmaking can’t always filter out people of a significantly lower skill level than you. That’s unfortunately just the reality of solo queuing.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

mr_somewhere

@StarPoint That's a fair point, maybe I will try that in the New Year when I have more spare time, I worry I'm a little too old for that sort of thing, but I suppose there's no harm in trying. Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Budda

So my highscore is 133 Gold Eggs atm.
Reading some of the posts here finding this hard? I thought the complete opposite. It's easy as pie! Or even easier.
40+ eggs each wave. I'm trying to beat my highscore right now. It's just a matter of what Bosses appear or what kind of waves. Not to mention, I beat the King Salmonid in no time. Very good chances to get many gold and silver scales.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BenAV

@Budda My highest so far is 147. I had a really good run early on but then it was followed by a long run of games where I got almost nothing but high tide with annoying weapons which went horribly but now starting to do a bit better again. Not too difficult for the most part but it would have been nice if some other the other easy special waves made the cut as Mothership is the only free wave now.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

ok1

I was struggling in my first couple waves since I was talking to my friend but once I stopped and payed attention it wasn’t too hard. My record so far is 104 but hopefully I can play more later and get to 120 at least.

hello

BenAV

Just had a really good run that blew my old record out of the water. 168 is my high score now.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@mr_somewhere The RNG team matching is how Nintendo likes it.(as annoying as that is) I dont think you're taking it too seriously. I mean, who doesn't like winning? The challenge is fun.

Some times-of-day, and possibly regions, are better for getting better teammats. I usually have better teams late at night. Big Run seems to have attracted more newbs. Or possibly, many new people got Splatoon 3 during the sales at the end of November. I noticed a lot of new small gray lockers (newbs) this week in the lobby lockerroom.

You can demote yourself to lower rank/difficulty. In salmon run lobby, if you press L to open the menu to start a salmon run job, the upper right of the screen says "Demote" press ZL (left trigger). However, If you're already reached Profreshional ranks, you cannot demote yourself lower than Pro Part-Timer.

As annoying as it can be to have losing streaks, there is rubber banding with match making, I think, and you'll eventually get some wins. I think I've had as many as 10-12 lowing matches in a row (worst case scenario). As disappointing team rng is, I'd still rather keep the game, because I don't like many games. This is still one of my favorite games.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic