Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 5,045

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes So close to top 20%.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Maxz

Congratulations to our resident Egg-spurt @BenAV on going for (and getting) Gold! I feel lucky for having just snuck into Silver. And I suppose not getting (near) the top mark gives me something to aim for next time.

Definitely have to do the groundwork of raising the hazard level before the even starts. It was 174% for my best run, but that’s nowhere near the max, and nowhere near where Ben was for his golden record.

This event has definitely encouraged me for play more Salmon Run in general, which was perhaps the point. I’d generally overlooked it in favour of the ranked modes.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Budda

@BenAV
My estimated guess was 140. I knew it!
The minority of high egg count was enough to increase the average to that point.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BenAV

@Maxz Yeah the hazard level is a big factor to consistently getting bigger totals. When I scored that was probably around the sweet spot for me and then as I got too much higher than that it started to become more of a struggle just to reach quota. Being higher rank generally means better teammates in Freelance which obviously helps too. Then you just need to get a little lucky with which waves you get. Mothership and fog waves were the ones with a lot of potential for big egg scores this Big Run.

@Budda It should just mean that 1/20 players that participated reached at least 137. Maybe not as many casual players jumping on for it as I thought there might be for the first Big Run. Will be interesting to see how future ones go as it'll likely become even harder to break into that top group.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

Well I'm glad I stopped when I did because there was absolutely no way in hell I was making it to silver, let alone gold. Very happy with a bronze trophy though (it actually looks a lot nicer than the other two if I'm being honest XD).

@BenAV Mind sharing a bit of your Salmon Run skill with me? I could very much use it myself.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BenAV

@Fizza It's mostly just experience. I'm at over 3,000 shifts worked now between Splatoon 2 and 3.

BenAV

Octane

@ok1 Apparently the actual numbers are way higher, so maybe they used the data generated during Big Run? Though I'd assume it would've been easier to get in the top, because a lot of people joined that normally don't play a lot of SR.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

So, has anyone else noticed that sometimes the last bit of the Stinger doesn't take damage? Can anyone explain it? Its happened with both rollers and shooters. When the Stinger gets knocked down to its last bit, sometimes hits on it make that metal jingle sound, like the Stinger is shielded temporarily. I think it mostly happens if I'm hitting the stinger point blank while I'm standing at the edge of an elevated platform (sort of hitting the Stinger from above).

If anyone needs to see a clip, I'll try to remember to save one the next time I encounter it. I think I've been encountering it since Splatoon 3 launch.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

octokid

High score 68. Makes sense, I didn’t have a lot of time to play.

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes You need to shoot the pot underneath. The actual Stinger itself is invincible.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@Joeynator3000 I recall you saying the Salmon Run wouldn't let you demote yourself. Well, it appears an update has lifted restrictions? SR now lets me demote myself out of Profreshional, down to Over Achiever, and I even get a prompt to demote even further, down to Go Getter, if I want. Before, the prompt never let me demote myself lower than Profreshional. So, maybe you can demote yourself now? Give it a try, if you're still interested.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Joeynator3000

@WoomyNNYes ...Maybe eventually, dunno, been playing other games lately. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Maxz

@Joeynator3000 Joey, this is like… all you talked about for a month straight. Every Splatoon-related comment section, sure as clockwork there was Joeynator3000, complaining about this exact issue.

Getting this fixed was your life’s work. It was your calling; your cause; your raison d'être; your ikigai. It was inseparable from your very being. You were ‘vocally-dissatisfied-with-the-rank-down-options-in-Salmon-Run’ guy and you wore it like a supermodel.

I dunno, I suppose I was hoping the response to having all you worldly prayers answered would be a little less muted than:

“…okay… so like… I guess that’s a thing that like… maybe happened or something lol? :/ like… meh… -.- whatever lol :c … … -.- “

I guess at least it’s on brand.

…lol…

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Joeynator3000

...Maybe because I moved on to other games?...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Maxz

…Yeah maybe I guess I dunno… lol… ¯\(ツ)/¯

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Fizza

This Splatfest was actually datamined when the Chill Season update dropped if you could believe it, though all that was known was when it would happen and not what the theme was. Extremely happy with the theme being Spicy, Sweet and Sour though, such an obvious choice with the benefit of hindsight that no-one really considered!

As for my allegiances, I'm currently deciding between Spicy and Sweet myself since I have a decent balance of those in my diet. The real question then becomes do I want red Shiver or pink Frye? Decisions, decisions....

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

This is a pretty fun Splatfest idea I think. I still really hope we get more crossover ideas in the future. 2's ideas were a lot of fun, especially the Smash Bros. one.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic