Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,841 to 4,860 of 5,014

SViper

@jump from games trailers, some gameplay, official tweets and updates I saw on 1 & 2 games it felt like what I said is true at least from my prospective.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

ok1

@jump Did you say Splatoon 2 will be fine either way or just a spelling mistake?

hello

WoomyNNYes

I'm playing through single player with the roller to unlock the hero roller. I started with the end, working backwards from hardest to easiest. 13 levels left.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ok1

@Northwind Does it appear in online stages? Yes. Maps that include these are Ancho-V Games, Sturgeon Shipyard, Camp Triggerfish, Wahoo World, and even more. Remember, there are over 40 maps in Splatoon 2(If you count each Shifty Station as a different one.). Splatoon 1 also features a few maps that include Hero Mode features. Sponges and Inkrails are included in many multiplayer maps.

hello

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind If you like it, play it. If you don't like it, you don't have to play. I liked the charm of the game, and the challenge of the single player.

Is this style of platforming considered a core skill in this game? Is it used/needed in some multiplayer map that I just haven’t seen yet (which would explain why the skill is incorporated here)?

You've probably played through all the maps for turf war and seen there are no rotating bridges online. However, I definitely continued to get better with online matches as I advanced through the single player game.

After you beat the single player, you have the option to replay any of those levels with any weapon. If you beat all the levels with one weapon, you unlock the lime yellow hero weapon skin for online play. Beating all the levels with the charger, slosher, or roller may seem crazy, but it really helps you get better with the weapons.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

FroZtedFlake

@Northwind There are definitely high levels of platforming like that, they can be good for surprise attacks in online play

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

WoomyNNYes

@ok1 Here are the here weapon I unlocked, in the order I unlocked them. At certain points playing online, I'd see someone else with a hero weapon, and think, "that looks really cool, I think I have to have it."

Hero Weapons I've Unlocked:
hero shot
hero dualie
hero charger
hero blaster
hero roller

Notice the roller is last XD, because that always seemd like such a pain in the ass 😉 . But as I played through, I realized it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be - the Octor Shower boss was maybe the hardest. But since I'd already beat that boss multiple times with other weapons. I already knew some of the ways to hit it - using the rails to jump off and hit the floaty guys with the roller, shooting the pink inflatable things at the floaty guys. It wasn't quick, but I got it done.

I imagine the hero brush might be the hardest? I've never tried to beat all the levels with the brush. (because I think the brush is stupid😀). However, with some weapons, the stages or bosses seemed slightly modified at times to accommodate the weakness of certain weapons. So, if you think a weapon is impossible, it actually isn't.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ok1

@Northwind Some of these maps that I called out that have moving platforms may be a bit hard to find since they aren't in obvious spots.

hello

ok1

@WoomyNNYes I want to add something about the Hero Mode. You can play using any weapon in that level after you beat that level. Also, once you get used to the game Hero Mode becomes more like a practice, not a challenge. Although, Octo Expansion is something different.

hello

ok1

@WoomyNNYes I've done the dualies and shot so far, doing the charger right now.

Edited on by ok1

hello

ok1

@Northwind Splatoon got another balance patch. The last update that added content(or changed something besides weapons) was 5.3.0 in which they changed X rank. It made peoples level and name ?????????.

hello

jump

@Northwind There's an article on Nintendolife mentioning the update and the patch notes last week, you should be able to find it by looking at the game's profile page and going through the article on it's news tab.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind I meant there aren't rotating things, flpping end over end in the online turf war maps like the rotating bridges in the end of stage 17(clip pasted below). I welcome being wrong, if anyone can post a pic or video of online maps containing flipping platforms like in this clip. (Maybe there was a flipping platform in a splatfest map? But they aren't part of rotation for online turf war matches, ranked.)

The way single player helps you is, that it makes you a better player with speed, aim, planning, putting ink on the ground fast, moving. You won't need to platform from flipping platforms online, but the stress that obstacle creates, makes you move quick, and have to keep covering the ground/walls and swim up things, and those skills will translate to making you quicker getting around a map with walls online(some walls move, but don't flip).

Being able to replay challenging things in single player seems to be good for teaching/learning/. Whereas, like you mentioned, with online, you can end up splatted and respawning after one-time scenarios, rather than being ale to replay it, and learn from it.

Oh, I didn't know you were playing Octo. Octo Expansion is awesome after you get out of the subway, in case you're still in the subway. And I probably said that before. There are 2-3 challengers in octo that I had look up on youtube. I agree, it's great that they let you pass the tough challenges after a number of tries.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ok1

@Northwind Yeah, you need to check other websites to find the patch notes. But check Inkpedia, it's a good place to check.

hello

ok1

@WoomyNNYes Octo Expansion is a bit hard though I wouldn't recommend doing it until you beat Hero Mode.

hello

ok1

@Northwind I feel like you haven't done the hard ones yet. Also, most levels take 5 minutes if you don't go for any extras in Hero Mode.
An example of a hard level is Girl Power Station. J03. No checkpoints, just pain.
Anyways, I feel like what I meant was the ones with NO checkpoints.

Also, there is this one boss...

hello

ok1

@Northwind Well what I meant by extras, is the bonus points thing like the eggs. You can still get the sunken scrolls. The scrolls are worth the time spent. Just don't try to every dot or something like that.

hello

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic