Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 5,014

Lroy

Octane wrote:

@Lroy It says ''Access challenge mode stages, and beat them to unlock exclusive gear and mini-games …as Inkling Squid''

So I believe that all of the three squid amiibo unlock the same thing. Same applies to the boy and girl Inkling.

Across both games, Yes? Would like to use this Purple Squid to unlock the Kraken content in SPLATOON 1.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Octane

@Lroy Yeah, according to Nintendo it's also compatible with the first game. So I think that you should be fine, it doesn't matter what colour squid you buy, they all unlock the same thing in Splatoon 1.

Octane

Lroy

@Octane Super! Thank you again 👍

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Heavyarms55

Has anyone noted that Splatoon 2 has outsold Splatoon and is nearing, or has perhaps now reached 5 million sales, having been out for less than a full year? I feel like this should be noted. The most recent number I could find was 4.91 million world wide sales as of "early 2018" If we assume the Switch is at around 15 million units sold, that means 1/3 of all Switch owners have bought Splatoon 2. That is REALLY impressive.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Makes the original's sales even more impressive. Since it was a new IP too, and the Wii U sold even less than the Switch at this point. I'm certain Splatoon 2 will continue to sell for the next year or so. Can it do 7 or 8 million? I think so!

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane Considering the on-going support and the upcoming expansion, I have no doubt it will continue to sell well. Especially in Japan, where it is ludicrously popular. I imagine Nintendo is going the DLC route as opposed to the COD style of a new game every year. Which is something I much prefer.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Pazzo-TheFool

Imagine if Splatoon 2 gets an extension on Splatfests for maybe 2019.

I'd be so excited.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Grumblevolcano

If they add more stages after June, they really need to increase the number of stages per rotation (doubt they will though). It's got to the point where if you miss a 2 hour slot with a particular stage, the next time you see that stage is approaching a day later.

@Pazzo-ZaFool Nintendo already said during the Splatoon 2 Direct last year that Splatfests are staying for 2 years this time so we know Splatoon 2 is being supported in some way until at least July 2019.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

Grumblevolcano wrote:

If they add more stages after June, they really need to increase the number of stages per rotation (doubt they will though). It's got to the point where if you miss a 2 hour slot with a particular stage, the next time you see that stage is approaching a day later.

My exact feelings. It works so well for Splatfests, carry it over to every day.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Maxz

@Grumblevolcano If it's any consolation, Ranked will be receiving changes that limit each mode to a certain number of stages per month (I think 6). This should increase the likelihood of coming across a specific stage if you play a specific mode. Although it does bring the chance of coming across most stages in that mode down to zero (for that month at least).

I think the logic behind the two stage system is that players will be able to pick a weapon that is workable on either map. If it were permanently increased to three, the variation between the stages could be so great as to make weapon selection difficult. Two stages certainly keeps things more focused (although I do
enjoy the 2+1 Shifty Station system in the Splatfests).

I'm just glad they cut the stage rotation period down to 2 hours. Especially now there are four modes.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Super ready for the April Update. Could we see it this week?

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Pazzo-TheFool

I always thought Autobomb was a little sub-ish.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Grumblevolcano

Unless it's delayed to May, next week has to be the 3.0 update. I think there's a chance we'll also see Camp Triggerfish then too.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Maxz

@Grumblevolcano My guess would be next Friday or Saturday, given the general pattern of releasing content at the beginning on the weekend. But you're right - there's certainly not a lot of time left!

What are people most looking forward to? Aside from Rank X, the thing I'm most excited about if probably the music. Some of the teased stuff sounds really good. It should also be a bit less divisive than the sea-shanty metal and acid elevator music of the last update. Which I like, but it's definitely an acquired taste.

I'm looking forward to the outfits too. I'm occasionally guilty of treating Splatoob as a fashion simulator with a shooting mini game.

And it'll be good having Camp Triggerfish back too. It was one of the most interesting ideas in Splat one that really worked. I just hope Flounder Heights gets announced at some point soon. I'm missing it's warm afternoon glow and symphony of cicadas!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Grumblevolcano I agree that we may see 3.0 that weekend. Though I doubt Camp Triggerfish will be released as well. Usually stages are released a week before the next Splatfest, which is likely to be on May 12th/13th. So I think we‘ll get Triggerfish on May 4th.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

-Green-

How do we know that the 3.0 update releases next week? I’m just super excited for more weapon buffs to a lot of underpowered weapons.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@-Green- The March Direct said it comes late April and 1st May is a week on Tuesday. So given all but 1 day (30th April) of the days remaining in April is part of next week, it's almost guaranteed that the update releases next week.

Grumblevolcano

-Green-

Ah, okay. Thank you. I forgot that was said.

I should’ve watched the direct again

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Missile

I really hate playing with people

I'm trying getting over level A+ and I can't do it. All the time I'm plying with guys that don't deserve that level Ahahahahh
I'm depressed!!!!

Missile
Switch friend code : SW-0881-5546-8403

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic