Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 5,014

Skid

This is the most frustrating thing to me about this game, so I gotta vent; just a little.

I can't stand when they do an alternate set to an existing weapon and that is it. If they are going to do a branded weapon, maybe do two instead. Instead of six of the eight squids using the same weapon we could see closer to split between two weapons. I would have rather seen the hydra instead of this. At least we get a "new" map too.

On a side not, I do think this is a great kit for this weapon. I'll try it out a little... or a lot. Just depends.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Zyrac

Just had a ranked match with an unusually high amount of "This way!" / "Booyah!" / "Ouch..." signals coming from everyone on the team. It actually felt awesome, I guess because it showed that everyone was smart enough to consistently understand the situation and react appropriately. Really back-and-forth match, too, although we did maintain a lead the whole time.

I also somehow won a 3v4 Rainmaker match today. Didn't even feel that difficult. Our brush user got 28 kills, so I guess they were just good enough to be worth two players.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Play anytime, anywhere, with anyone 3 of the 8 players you started out with!

Untitled

Actually the only disconnection I experienced today - but holy squid was it a doozy! ..and we won! - yay? :/

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Right now there's two identical FishFry Visors with Opening Gambit on Splatnet. I've seen repeats of special gear before, but never in a row like this... weird.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Skid

@Blue_Blur It is basically like looking at the bargain bin at a clothing store. I bet you can't goes the clothing nobody wants!

Switch

Skid

@Grumblevolcano Every time I play his weapon will be in it... every time it will be the weapon I don't get.

Switch

ACK

My 8 year-old son has been overwhelmed by hype for this Salmon Run. Every morning he wakes up, first thing he exclaims, "I can't wait for Friday!" ...Gets home from school, I ask him how his day went, he tells me can't wait to see Mr. Grizz's weapon in Salmon Run. After going going to bed, he rises repeatedly to share his ideas for what the weapon could be and how the set will be organized. He has a pretty substantial list of weapons he wants added to Splatoon 2, a splat crossbow seems to be his main wish, so this concept and secrecy is extremely enticing to him.

That said, we pretty much settled on a randomized set being the most likely outcome. Though I hope there is some method to the random variables, like separating the weapons into categories and including one from each. Of course the real allure is what the secret weapon type is... My son thinks some kind of bear weapon, my wife suggests a fishing pole of sorts, I imagine a Rainmaker variation, we all agree that it would be interesting if Mr. Grizz is related somehow to Cap Cuttlefish and a new bamboozler variation is his personal weapon... (I have wanted a Bamboozler with a charge-roll for some reason.)

Any other ideas? I know there are rumblings of Grizzco-branded weapons, but I imagine those would be a type of reward, right? (My hope is as an incentive for an over-arching SR goal, or additional mode.)

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

ACK

In relation to my previous post about the secret weapon, I just hope it's not an equivalent of the Goo Tuber or Flingza... As in a sluggish and unwieldy variant of a current weapon type with befuddling features.

Then again, how great would it be if it was the glorious return of the Inkzooka? Would be an insanely cool addition as a Salmon Run exclusive... Best keep those wonky 'zooker shots out of TW and Ranked though.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

meleebrawler

@ACK My inclination is towards that unannounced semiautomatic (that is, shoots one bullet with every trigger pull) shooter.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Blue_Blur

@EdJericho Haha! Yeah, it took me a while to figure out it was the same for everyone too. I haven't seen many Inklings with Splatnet gear lately though, so I wonder how many people still check the gear shop... I still check daily.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ACK

@meleebrawler Ah, yeah... That seems the obvious choice. I completely forgot about that one... If that is the case I hope it is more novel than just a Nozzlenose without burst fire.

...For example, the Rainmaker is technically semi-auto with a charge. And a variation for SR could be a fun twist. Get lucky and you get to unleash on the Salmonids, but at the expense of being able to ink much ground or defend against being swarmed, so team support is vital.

ACK

Twitter:

Zyrac

Salmon Run is now live! I went in and got a special weapon called the Grizzco Blaster. It fires crazy fast, so it seems too powerful to ever be available normally. The game says "rare weapon" when you get it, but it showed up every wave in my first game, so either it's not that rare during this rotation or I'm just really lucky.

Zyrac

Twitter:

LzWinky

I got three of my worst weapons in a row. Thanks Grizzco

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Skid

@Blue_Blur Daily? Filthy casual. I check it every two hours!

Switch

GoldenGamer88

Just talking about today's special Salmon Run. Reveal at your own risk!

Don't see a reason to keep the Grizzco Blaster out of competitive play. Sure, its Fire Rate is quite high but it's got so short range. Seriously hoping, we'll see the next Grizzco weapon as a price for playing Salmon Run. While the random weapon selection is fine and all, I just wanna ask loud into the sky 'Why do I always get a Charger!?' Also three Chargers and one Splattershot Pro, yeah, we won't have such a great time with these ones (we didn't, we all got splatted)!

Just had my first Overtime where both teams were divided by one point with mine on the losing side. It was Splatzones on Moray Towers and a loss would've meant back to C+ yet a win an ascent to B. We managed to keep our control over both zones and won the game. My heart was seriously pounding.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

shani

Anyone up for some league battle in about 90 minutes?

NaviAndMii wrote:

Play anytime, anywhere, with anyone 3 of the 8 players you started out with!

Recently I experienced several matches where at least one Inkling disconnected and I suddenly realized: could this be due to people playing on the go?
I mean, the disconnect rate is way higher than on Wii U and playing on the go usually means having a terrible connection...

NapalmPsalm wrote:

I can't stand when they do an alternate set to an existing weapon and that is it. If they are going to do a branded weapon, maybe do two instead.

I don't see it as such a big issue but I do support your point. Sometimes I too wish there were more variants (when I don't like any of the available loadouts).

What annoys me a lot right now (and also annoyed me in Splatoon 1) though is the fact that the shops in Inkopolis don't filter out the items you already bought. I mean, it's so disappointing to go to those three shops every day at midnight just to see that there is nothing to buy.
I know for a fact that there are still many pieces of gear that I don't own. But I'm forced to wait for them to randomly appear on Splatnet2 (or Inkopolis Square), where not every item in the shop is new or interesting.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

The annoying thing about S rank Rainmaker is that some people adamantly refuse to take the obvious route to the goal even when it's pretty clearly the best option under the circumstances. One of the most visible forms of teammate stupidity.

Loving the Heavy Splatling Deco, though. With my ink efficiency outfit I can throw a Splash Wall and still have enough ink for three full charges. The Splash Wall's high cooldown time pretty much ceases to be an issue at that point. Haven't seen as many others using it as I expected, although I did have four of them in a match at one point.

@Shani As much as I really ought to stop playing this blooming game for five minutes... I'll probably be up for that.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

Zyrac wrote:

The annoying thing about S rank Rainmaker is that some people adamantly refuse to take the obvious route to the goal even when it's pretty clearly the best option under the circumstances. One of the most visible forms of teammate stupidity.

As much as I really ought to stop playing this blooming game for five minutes... I'll probably be up for that.

Haha well put. I'll let you know when I'm back home.

Also agree on what you wrote about RM. It's always frustrating when your teammates willingly take the harder route over and over again and don't even listen to your 'this way' commands!

Wow. They didn't change a thing in Kelp Dome. It's 100% the original stage!
Edit: I stand corrected, they did make a slight modification, the grated walkway is open at one end (on both sides, of course). And the added some small blocks.
And for some strange reason, they removed all the plants! Why would the do this? These little things added to each stage's character...

Holy cow the Stingray really got more effective! It's still very unwieldy though...

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

-Green-

The Splatoon Meta has changed pretty significantly since the last patch, it seems. The Tri-Slosher and Ink Armor in general have fallen in popularity, with weapons having the Baller and Stingray becoming significantly more popular. It seems that even the Aerospray RG is getting some use almost because of the Baller exclusively.

The recent 99 team Splat2n tournament had a lot more variety, than pre-patch.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic