Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 5,014

Nicolai

@Pepa27 @Spanjard It's practical. I've heard of people who make that work for them. I can do it when I'm conscious of doing it, but I haven't quite made it a habit yet. I have my sticks set to a pretty high sensitivity, so it's not needed often enough.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

Ironically the Salmon Run matching makes much more sense than the regular/league matches. At least there you can search for randoms once your friends get in.

And Salmon run is definitely my favorite part of the game. Shame it's randomly temporary, but nothing quite beats the thrill of a foggy wave or the dread glowfly night time waves. Super exciting/nerve wracking, especially for a nintendo game.

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

Maxz wrote:

Does anyone know what the point is in running Run Speed Up? Surely're you're either shooting of swimming, and I'm neither of those circumstances does he ability come into play...

Try it and you won't go back. It really adds a boost of speed to your movement and feels faster. After taking it off you notice you seem to move more sluggish. I use it all the time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Maxz

@Spoony_Tech Oh man, it's only after you quoted my post that I realised how much of a dog's breakfast the spell-checked made of it. I think my favourite bit is, "in either of those circumstances" becoming, "I'm neither of those circumstances". Well done for working out what I meant.

Anyway, I'm still kinda sceptical! I run the S'pro mainly, so I'm pretty dependant on Ink Saver and Inl Refill abilities. After getting them down, it always seems more sensible to go for Swim Speed up rather than Run, as I spend about significant amount more time swimming than walking. I generally try to avoid rubber surfaces and grates like the plague.

Speaking of the S'pro, I think all the people flocking to the Tri Slosher are kind of turning it into a monster itself. I mained it in Splatoon 1, but used the transition to 2 to try out some different weapons - especially shorter range ones. However, frequently found myself on the wrong end of the Tri Sloshers two lethal sloshes, which was slightly frustrating. I've recently switched back to the S'pro in all modes and have had a pretty easy time fending off the Bucketheads and generally keeping them out of reach. I have a slightly harder time with Blasters now (the Pro is dependant on accurate aiming, and the Blaster is basically the opposite), but given the relative frequency with which Tris pop up compared to Blasters, it's a pretty favourable trade-off.

It seems the meta game has sort of shifted around me, to make what I was doing anyway weirdly effective. It reminds me of when Scizor got Bullet Punch in Platinum, and suddenly everyone was using it. I was running a weird-ass Slowking set with Thunder Wave and Fire Blast, which suddenly became god-tier overnight.

Anyway, yeah, go Pro! I made it through A+ in Rainmaker without a single crack, after numerous failed attempts to get to S rank with other weapons (mainly the standard Splattershot).

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SharkAttackU

Operative2-0 wrote:

And Salmon run is definitely my favorite part of the game. Shame it's randomly temporary, but nothing quite beats the thrill of a foggy wave or the dread glowfly night time waves. Super exciting/nerve wracking, especially for a nintendo game.

Same here. Splatoon on the Wii U was really good, and I had a blast, but it was missing something. Salmon Run is that something. It's so fun and addicting. No two games feel the same. It's a really nice change of pace to take a break from competitive modes and play co-op versus the computer.

SharkAttackU

Skid

Untitled

Got my outfit ready in honor of the long awaited splat brella coming out! (I really should care more about abilities than looking "fresh"...)

Edit: Annnnd apparently I don't know how to post an image from twitter to this forum!
Edit 2: Figured it out XD

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Luna_110

I hope I get to level 10 today. I want to try the ranked matches!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Spoony_Tech

Not that they need it but this gives Nintendo Life's review a little bit more credibility.

Love ARLO btw!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie I know @Vee_Flames said he had reached S+ without even trying a few pages back.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

NightMoon

I haven't. I needed to take a break from Splatoon to play some monster hunter demo.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

veeflames

@OorWullie @Spoony_Tech Haha! I'm S+ and progressing in Rainmaker. Unfortunately I'm still in the Bs for Splat Zones and Tower Control (B+ in TC and B in SZ). I could be much higher in Tower Control but it's not usually in rotation by the time I get around to playing Splatoon. Splat Zones, however... I've already said I don't really like that mode that much, so I'm not sure I'll even bother going for S+ or something in that one.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech @Vee_Flames Impressive!By this time next year I'll still not have reached S. Saying that,it doesn't seem to punish you for defeats as much as the original did. I'm not sure if that's the case the higher your rank is though?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Maxz

@OorWullie Ooh! I came just to show off about that! Behold!

Untitled

After being away for a while doing important grown-up things, I binged to high heaven on the game today and hit the triple S! I was on A+/A+/A this morning, so it was quite a concerted effort. It's quite scary, as the only way up is now S+, which I basically associate with super-humans and SRS BZNZ players who are in actual teams and stuff (and obviously also super-humans). I made it to S in the original - after an unearthly struggle - but spent my last days with that game flip-flopping between S and A+, I could never convincingly push into the upper echelons of S and so never felt I was anywhere near reaching the coveted S+. I'm feeling a little more confident now - I definitely think I've improved as a player since buying Splatoon 2 (especially after watching the techniques of a few of the aforementioned super-humans), but... it still feels very aspirational.

It's kind of strange being outside of the ranks that I 'feel' I can progress from. After buying a sequel, you obviously want to get to where you left off in the last game, but now I'm there it's a little scary. I'd kind of accepted that S+ was basically impossible for me in the last game, so now I've hit S it almost feels like I've 'completed' Splatoon 2; like defeating the Elite 4, but not completing the Pokedex or Battle Frontier. Yeah, there's more content, but you've ticked off the main target you've been heading towards. I'm going to give reaching S+ a go at some point, but for the moment I'm happy to let freshly earned S's just sit there, twinkling silently away on Splatnet. Also, I've got more grown-up things to do. But now I can do them as a triple-S squid!

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

JaxonH

NightMoon wrote:

I haven't. I needed to take a break from Splatoon to play some monster hunter demo.

I was initially in shock at the lead-in of your comment- one does not simply "walk away" from Splatoon.

Then I read "Monster Hunter demo".

^^^
I fully back and approve this comment.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

-Green-

Splatoon really is just super fun during back and forth matches. It's just super exciting and enjoyable.

The Splat Brella I'm really unsure about.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Nicolai

Lol, my Inkling looks so well-adjusted with the Splat Brella and Rain Boots, complete with flanel shirt and slicked back hair!
Untitled

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

ThomGee

I tried the Splat Brella out for a few matches, and it's an okay weapon, but on the weak side. It doesn't help that I'm absolutely awful with it and everyone is using it, which may not sound bad, but Brella vs. Brella firefights are infuriatingly slow and often end in both Inklings being splatted or neither being splatted. I also find the delay before the Brella opens way too long to be conceivably used as a shield against enemy fire, and it turns out the Brella does break if you shoot at it, which kind of undermines the reason it shoots off after a while. I also think it should have had something like a Splat Bomb or Burst Bomb, not a Sprinkler. Heck, even a Point Sensor would've been more useful. Overall, while I think people will get really good at it and use it, it's not for me as it is.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

OorWullie

I had probably my greatest ever RM victory earlier.My team were absolutely awful,they made no attempt to take the RM and every time I was splatted with the RM and looked at the map they always seemed to be grouped together near our base.With just 30 seconds left on the clock,the enemy had got the RM to just 3 metres from our base and the whole map was was covered in enemy ink,I was sure it was over.Then I went all total commando and somehow managed to take out their whole team in seconds with just my gun,grabbed the RM and made it all the way over the their base in overtime.I was celebrating like my football team had just scored an important goal,it felt amazing.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Maxz

@OorWullie I wish there was an MKTV equivalent where you could dynamically record your matches. It'd be great to be able to share your epic matches with the world.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic