Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 5,014

JaxonH

I played some Salmon Run yesterday with Sinalefa and 2 others in our LINE chat, and we used Discord for voice chat while playing (works fantastic by the way- I think Nintendo's online app is officially obsolete, Splatnet2 aside). And while I rarely voice chat, I have to admit it really helped us communicate properly which helped us play better. I would say "Sniper boss in the back corner" while someone else would say "I got splatted by the fan lift, with the last egg we need" etc etc. It really enhanced the experience.

I have no desire to use voice chat for turf wars, but for Salmon Run it's amazing. Does the Nintendo App facilitate voice chat for Salmon Run when playing with randoms?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Maxz

@-Green- I've been sitting quite happily in Profreshional mainly using just 'This Way!' to communicate. I'd argue teamwork is absolutely vital, but a fair amount of that can be surmised from context; watching your colleague's backs, not getting overly dispersed and stranded, inking a path should another player need it, etc.

Voice chat might make certain things easier (and also more sociable and fun), but I don't feel like there's a frustratingly large hole in its absence.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

@Maxz I have not had that fortune. I've been stuck on the OA for a while now and just dropped a rank. I don't think the current level of communication for strangers is enough.

@TheLzDragon Then include more word prompts beyond the 3 available.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH No, voice chat is exclusively friends in the app too. As a result, the only purpose of the app in its current form whatever your view of voice chat is SplatNet 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BigBadJohn

Quick question. If you pick up a bonus from playing Salmon Run (e.g. Swim speed up) do I then need to activate it or is it just automatically applied to my squid?

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Grumblevolcano

@BigBadJohn Neither, what you get are ability chunks. You need 10 or 20 of them (dependent on the ability) and have to talk to Murch to add the ability to a slot.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Seems to take forever to even get one ability to add by choice. Not sure how many chunks you get for ghosting a piece of equipment but, at 20,000 a pop it could mean serious cash to get enough chunks for something like, double other abilities

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pho

Got Profreshional this morning. I like the first map better than Marooners Bay, I think it's a fair bit more balanced.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

LzWinky

Balance? Who needs balance, when the random bosses can be 5 mosquitos in a row?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

meleebrawler

-Green- wrote:

TheLZdragon wrote:

I doubt it would make any difference. This way indicates a boss or boss eggs. That's pretty much all you need.

Not from what i can gather. At overachiever it becomes crucial to plan out the team. Saving specials, spreading out, targeting specific enemies, etc. Flyfish and Snipers are monstrous during the higher difficulties.

How much can you really plan when the waves are random?

The specials mostly just serve as panic buttons against particularly thick swarms, or being caught out far from your team. The sting ray is a bit different, though; it can damage otherwise invulnerable bosses. Other than that, I don't see specials used too often, and I still got to Profreshional just fine.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Maxz

@TheLZdragon Have you been matched with many Japanese players in Salmon Run? How does it compare the number you've been matched with in Ranked and Turf?

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

meleebrawler wrote:

How much can you really plan when the waves are random?

The specials mostly just serve as panic buttons against particularly thick swarms, or being caught out far from your team. The sting ray is a bit different, though; it can damage otherwise invulnerable bosses. Other than that, I don't see specials used too often, and I still got to Profreshional just fine.

Communicating as to which enemies to target and which players should do so, etc. It's not huge stuff, but it's definitely there.

The specials actually have interesting applications with swarms of bosses.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

yokokazuo

Currently at Overachiever with some friends.
Anyone want to join us? Need one more

Edit: got a fourth

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Haruki_NLI

@Maxz No outside the EU players here. Had some Japanese sounding names though but written in English.

Its confusing...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TheXReturns

@Nicolai I believe you said something about Rollers?
We'll be there. Around the corner, up the road, on top of your head.

We'll be there.

Waiting.

Also, I still find for rollers, the best thing to do is to turn motion controls off, and use the sticks to ambush the hell outta people.
Motion for anything else though.

I've just clicked with short range chargers, and I'll definitely use those in SplatZones, I think, where my Rollergame isn't as strong.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Zyrac

So, started playing this today. Now, Splatoon was a very good game, but I stopped playing after a while because of how frustrating it got. I am not an easily frustrated person - I can lose at Smash or Mario Kart all day long - but I guess it's harder to accept defeat in a team game. Whether I'll have the same issue with Splatoon 2 remains to be seen, but it's definitely going to help that the specials are much less aggravating. They made a good call there.

It does sting me a bit that both the Echolocator special and, apparently, the Recon ability have been taken out. I made heavy use of both, because knowledge is power. I think a lot of people didn't consider Recon to be good, but seeing the enemies' locations before deciding where to Super Jump (if at all) was extremely helpful. At least I no longer have to lament its unavailability in Splatfests (it was only on shirts).

If I have one real complaint so far, though, it's that your own location on the map needs to be better highlighted. It turns out a blue squid on blue ink is not the easiest thing to see, and the lack of a second screen makes it harder too keep track. Far too often I bring up the map and think "wait, where am I?" I'm sure better familiarity with the stages will mitigate this, but still.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Pho

In the first one I never used Rollers, stayed mostly with .52 gal, but since I don't have it yet, I decided to give the Carbon Roller a try. I really like it all of a sudden! Tried it in my first few Ranked matches since I reached level 10, and it's lots of fun! The autobomb and the ink cloud are pretty good, and it's been working out really well for me.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

KirbyTheVampire

I can't stop playing this game. It's ridiculous. I expected to like Zelda better than Splatoon 2, but that is definitely not the case. This game is borderline worth buying a Switch for, even if you buy nothing else.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

@KirbyTheVampire The problem for me is this is the type game that keeps me from my other games. I've already neglected Ever Oasis now for 2 days and all I want to play is this game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic