Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 821 to 840 of 942

Eel

I mean, they would be annoying if you had a time limit, had to do them in strict order, or something silly like that, but it’s pretty chill. Specially with button controls where swimming is actually easy to control.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

I dunno, I never liked finding that much stuff all at once. >.>

Then you get to the last one and can never find it for some reason, so you spend an eternity trying to find it or something. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Fi can give you their general direction if you go out of the water and dowse for them.

It’s a faster way to find the last few.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Meh...we could've had more dungeons or something. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Matt_Barber

I managed to beat Scaldera at the first attempt. Lucky me.

It did involve blowing myself up a few times though. They've managed to map that aspect of the game to the button controls fairly accurately, if nothing else.

Matt_Barber

Bunkerneath

Completed it after a two weeks, was as good as I remember it, used Motion controls (well most of the way, especially after i found out you can press Y button at anytime to reset)

I liked the way they switched up the different areas (ie forest underwater, volcano exploding and loosing gear)

But shame there wasnt more dungeons to it, and Demise, sorry he should have left Ghirahim to kick you ass, he was harder than Demise

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

NinChocolate

Has anyone gotten all the rupees in Thrill Digger to get the secret prize?

NinChocolate

Bunkerneath

@NinChocolate Its just a rare item, goddess plume, golden skull etc

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Eel
Yea, thank goodness it didn't have a time limit. I did use the dowsing for the last few groups.

It still just came across as uninspired to me. Like they ran out of ideas and were just like, "Uh... we can... make it underwater this time?" lol

I found the Lanayru song much better. It was a new area, for starters (even though pretty small), and even though it was essentially just a combat/movement gauntlet, it had that fun little puzzle at the end to kind of check if you've been paying attention to some of the story.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

WoomyNNYes

@NinChocolate That challenge looks like a scam to me. Unless someone knows another secret that lets you know exactly where all the good gems are without digging, it appears to be a waste of money & time.

That system of knowing the number of bad holes around each color gem, it's not knowledge that guarantees you'll win more money than the fee to play. I see no reason to play the game unless you like losing your money.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

rallydefault

Is the special prize for the bamboo cutting game a piece of heart? I promised myself I wasn't going to look anything up, and I consider asking people on this forum basically like asking someone in real life, so it doesn't count lol

rallydefault

Cynas

@rallydefault Nope, no piece of heart. There's a few minigames that don't give a piece of heart for clearing them with the "goal" score, which is kind of strange. That's the perfect place to put heart pieces.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

blaisedinsd

People like to say this game has padding, I enjoy all the gameplay ideas they threw in there and I enjoyed all of them while being happy they extended the gameplay experience. Yes I enjoyed tadtones and silent realms and I wasn’t even mad I had to go back To sky view temple for some water, always wonder if you can grab the water first time in there and avoid that but never tried.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Solaine

@blaisedinsd Never had a problem with tadtones and silent realms, but going back to the same Dungeon was a bit meh for me. The Skyworld was not my thing either, but overall this is just a solid Zelda Experience and i love the game for what it is

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

javierferrerm

@blaisedinsd you can't grab the water in the first go. That is probably one of the reasons it felt exciting rather than meh returning to Skyview Temple - during my first playthrough, I noticed that area and that I couldn't access it, and jotted it down in order to return later. When I was told to do so, it just clicked.

javierferrerm

rallydefault

@blaisedinsd
People like to say it because it's true to them and it's a totally valid feeling to have after playing through this game.

People who say it without playing the game? Yea, mock them all you want. But it's not up to you to decide what's true or not about my feelings for the game. And one of those feelings is that certain parts are padded and way more repetitive than other 3D Zelda games, and it's a shame because it's otherwise a solid 3D Zelda for sure.

The tadtones part for me was padding. The volcano prison scenario was padding. Going back for the water was padding. "One more trial, I promise for realz this time" was padding. In my opinion.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault as much as I do love this game( nearly finished), I'm in agreement with you. I'd be lying if I said that last couple sections didn't feel a little padded.

Separately, I was also hoping for another area or two instead of revisiting old areas.

Having said all that, I'd probably still rank this somewhere around 3rd or 4th on my 3d zelda rankings. Ahead of MM and TP, maybe tied with WW. OoT and botw are by far my favorites though.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, I mean, we need to be realistic here: the Zelda franchise has a history of revisiting areas, and there's a big difference between "padding" and "repetition." The way I feel about SS is that its repetition lacks meaningful variation and therefore starts to feel like padding after the 3rd time you're forced to trot through an area.

And yea, the ending especially has this feeling of, "Oh - one more thing, I promise! Just one more time, I promise! This is really the last time you're gonna do this thing, I promise!" It starts to feel annoying.

For all of these reasons, you can imagine I despised Majora's Mask, and I did. It's probably my least favorite Zelda game, period.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I'm with ya. I just fought the imprisoned for the 3rd time( maybe 4th ?), collecting the tadthings in flooded faron, and another section of silent realm which should hopefully be the last time.

The first half of the games amazing, but when you're going back to the same area doing roughly the same stuff, it definitely starts to wear on you. It does feel like they could've shortened the game a tad without some of these repeat sections.

I just had a long playthrough last night and I think I'm about to head to the final dungeon. Which, is my favorite part of any zelda game, but more-so in SS. Honestly some of the very best dungeons in this game, so it definitely has that going for it and that's why I do love it. Repetitive-ness and padding are the only gripes I have about the game, and it's really only in the second half. Story, gameplay, and graphics are all amazing otherwise.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic