Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 461 to 480 of 942

VoidofLight

@NeonPizza Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass don't get hate for doing something new. They get hate for forcing touch controls on the player, and making you backtrack through the same dungeon over and over again to progress through the game. Spirit Tracks improves the concept, but Phantom Hourglass makes you go through the same areas over and over again..

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

Hmm...I’ve just been sent an email that my Skyward Sword pre-order is on it’s way.

Also can we change the thread title so it includes Zelda/it’s full name please? Every time I use the search function I put in Zelda Skyward but it brings ups the old Wii game.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

@jump will you finally be the random guy on Twitter/reddit that gets a nintendo game super early?

I mean, too bad it was a port, but still, congrats!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Eel I was thinking more as apart of today's E3 is them announcing they are releasing SS early like how they moved up Captain Toad from Jan to Dec on the Wii U. Probably not but it's till odd to be getting a dispatch email a month in advance.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Henmii

Seeing the new trailer of Botw2 it all makes sense now: They re-release Skyward sword because Botw2 will have some sort of Skyward sword approach. I fear a more lineair Botw and that doesn't make me happy.

Henmii

Eel

Breath of the Wild and all of its non-linearity will continue to exist regardless of what the sequel decides to do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Henmii

@Eel

yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that I want the new Zelda to be just as open?

Its like saying: Why does it matter that the new Starwars movies are ass, you still have the old ones.

True, they won't take them away. But you also want the new movies to be good.

Henmii

Zuljaras

@Henmii There is NO way that BotW 2 will be linear. That is the whole point of the game. To be free roaming. Exploring etc. Well me might get to some of the floating islands later in the game after acquiring certain abilities or items but that is ok.

I am pretty sure Nintendo knows that fans want the sequel to be like more of BotW1.

VoidofLight

I fear the surface will be mostly the same, with the sky literally added on moreso than fearing that the game’s gonna be more linear.

Eel

@Henmii just saying, you mention you fear it will be a “more linear botw”.

I personally want it to be its own thing (within its possibilities, I suppose), not just another botw, I already have that game. If they want to add whatever hypothetical amount of linearity they need to achieve something new and interesting, then that’s cool.

Not saying they will though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

The BotW 2 trailer made me more convinced the Loftwing amiibo will summon Zelda's Loftwing in BotW 2 which you'll be able to fly on similar to how the Wolf Link amiibo released alongside Twilight Princess HD summoned Wolf Link as an ally in BotW.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano eh. I doubt Loftwings will be exclusive to it though. You’ll probably be able to tame some yourself.

VoidofLight

@Eel You can tame the wolves?

Wolf Link is more understandable, given it’s an optional AI companion. Locking a Loftwing behind an amiibo would be like locking the ability to get a horse behind an amiibo. Sure, you can get Epona exclusively through an amiibo, but you can still tame normal horses, so I feel like the Loftwing Amiibo should be similar.

Eel

No you can't, that's the joke!

Why are we assuming Loftwings will even be a thing in BotW2 anyway?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel Mainly because the skies above Hyrule can be explored, and they show Link Skydiving. Plus, the islands are so far apart that I can't see Link being able to get to them on a glider.

Eel

Nothing in the trailer really implies the islands will require a loftwing to traverse. Link even seems to be able to Zoom his way upwards like he's in Dragon Quest.

Of course it's not impossible for them to return, but I don't think there's anything that guarantees they will, from what we've seen so far.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel Yeah, he can probably zoom upwards, but it seems to be specific to certain areas of Hyrule, since the drop rises from a small crater of water. I personally think Loftwings would be cool, but I doubt they'll be 100% included in the game honestly. I just think it'd be cool if they were in the game, and acted kind of like flying horses in a way, getting you from island to island and saving time and stamina.

Pirate1

Haven’t played this before, but finally did the pre-order (had some gamestop credits saved up). Based on the fact that this is generally considered to be a pretty fun game and the update today about QoL enhancements, I’m pretty excited to play this game when it arrives.

Pirate1

Dezzy

So has anyone figured out if they upgraded any of the other textures in the game? We'd only established that they did the character textures, but it was hard to notice any improvements in the environments.

I'm curious if anyone's looked into the recent trailers to see if they can find any examples? I'll probably have a quick look if no-one else has?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic