Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 581 to 600 of 742

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Oh thanks for letting me know, I'll have a look at the update later. Shame they got rid of splitscreen and the multiple game types option though, hopefully they'll be back in the future.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

Oh, look at that. The RL update changed how score is kept in training mode. In training, if you miss a goal, but get the goal later on a retry, that goal will get added to your goal count. Before, a goal only counted if you got it first try.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

I can't wait to play this game. (I have this game on ps4)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I had for ps plus for years now I have not played in years. Yes I mean play it on switch.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

WoomyNNYes

Anybody else having this problem? Can't claim rewards for completed challenges?

Untitled

'Tendo liker

klingki

@WoomyNNYes I had that. Just back out and then go right back in again. Usually the second time I went to that screen they'd be selectable. And if you get an endless loading wheel after claiming something, don't be alarmed. Just press B and it will cancel, but you'll still unlock your item.

klingki

dmcc0

Played for the first time last night since going FTP. I'm a semi-regular player on Steam, but didn't want to double-dip on Switch, mainly because I couldn't sync progress between platforms (and I'm a cheapskate!). Think this may get a lot more playtime now I can play handheld too though; will be my new go-to if I just fancy a quick blast of something without having to think about a plot/story in a game.

A little annoying that the game is now locked behind the requirement to have an Epic account though; I imagine that might put some folk off playing if they've previously bought the game and now can't play unless they have an Epic account.

dmcc0

WoomyNNYes

@klingki Yeah, earlier, before Llama Rama event, backing out worked. I rebooted the game twice, too. Still can't select and claim the llama rama achievements. Maybe there's a glitch, or corrupt file. We'll see what Rocket League support says. I emailed them last night.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@dmcc0 I agree. Giving out my email & making an epic games account is not something i like doing for a game. I loath giving out my email, and creating passwords. I didn't like doing it for Fortnite either, when I tried it. (For anyone else reading, if you've already played fortnite, you just sign in with your existing epic games account.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

klingki

@WoomyNNYes That's kind of weird. I experienced the problem a day or two ago during the Llama Rama event while I was attempting to unlock all the Fortnite items. Basically every time I went to that screen, the first time I couldn't select anything (like you said), but if I backed out and then immediately went right back in, I would have a button prompt. If even backing out doesn't work then hopefully support can help you out. I think the transition to free-to-play and having everything tied to an Epic account has not been smooth, so they could be having some issues still.

klingki

dmcc0

@WoomyNNYes I don't mind logging in etc when it's for a reason; eg syncing progress across platforms, but seems it you can't play at all without having an Epic account, not even locally. I already have one (due to their rather generous weekly games freebies - most of which I'll probably not play!) so not an issue for me, but might be for some.

dmcc0

WoomyNNYes

Edit: I found a workaround. Rregarding not being able to claim Llama Rama event achievements: While on the WEEKLY CHALLENGES page, before you hit A to VIEW CHALLENGES & open Llama Rama page, push to the right & hold the analog stick or D-pad when you press A, and when Llama Rama page opens, you should get white selection square to hit the orange CLAIM button. (no response email from rocket league. not that it's needed now.)

I finally got the Llama antenna. Now I can get the other stuff. Crisis overted 🤪 And now, I can go back to being one of the lone Switch players in 3v3 casual, or Dropshot. I'm guessing I'm usually the lone Switch player because I'm silver/gold ranked, not a total newb. The better I've gotten, the less Switch players I see.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

klingki

@WoomyNNYes Glad you got it sorted!

I didn't really pay attention to which platforms other players were using, but I did feel that online matches were noticeably easier than the last time I played. This was probably my first time playing in months (maybe even close to a year?), and I wasn't even particularly great at the game to begin with, but I was immediately one of the best players in like every match I was in. I think going free-to-play has definitely brought in a lot of newbies that are still figuring things out. It felt good to dominate though, haha. When I play online in most games, I am usually not a strong player compared to others.

klingki

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I just got out of the menu and went back in I got the battle bus on the 2 day.

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher oof! I don't know if I'll ever get the battle bus. All I need for the bus is to get MVP, and it's extremely rare that I get that with the way im matched up. Im wondering if i need to play terribly for a while to make the algorithm to put me in easier matches.

If anyone has a tip for getting MVP, please share. I already train often.

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes from what I do I just play the game I have been playing rthis game for about 4 years I stop playing for about 1.

WoomyNNYes

My god. Finally got MVP in a match, and got the Battle Bus. What a slog. I'm such a weak player 🤪 haha

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Good know you can have time to play mario 35 tomorrow.

WoomyNNYes

Wow, I think the Battle Bus is my new favorite car body. I didn't expect that. It hits well. It's agile. It flip boosts quick. The back door opening for the boost is pretty amusing.
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic