Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 601 to 620 of 742

WoomyNNYes

@Marbio If you break the community rules, people will call you out on it. Don't take that too personally. Without the community rules and moderators, the internet quickly turns into a garbage can of spammy un-useful comments & trolls. That's why Octane said "don't post unless you have something constructive/useful to say". He's not saying that to be mean. It's just part of keeping this a nice forum, free of clutter. You wouldn't be the first agree to the community rules without reading them. I may have skipped them too, at first.🤪 But they're pretty simple. If you want, you can get away with just reading the beginning of each bullet point. You'll see people are nicer after you know the rules

https://www.nintendolife.com/rules

• If you see someone is being disrespectful, there is a Report button on comments. You can hit Report, and a moderator will check it out.
  • If you find someone is annoying, you can hit the Ignore button on one of their comments, and you'll no longer see any of their posts when you're logged in. Everyone has a few people on their ignore list.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

dugan

@WoomyNNYes I have no idea, i haven't tried tournament (and i won't now) so far the new Rocket League is working for me. Sorry I can't help.

dugan

dugan

@WoomyNNYes Have you tried playing through the tournament? Maybe when you are done the tournament it will let you go back to the main screen?

dugan

Dogorilla

Sorry, I don't know either. I've never tried the tournament mode.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@dugan I tried tournament mode again (because I want Righteous Gale boost😉) , and I recommend it, if you're interested. In tournament mode, it's 3v3, and you start out unranked; it matched me with beginners (I'm Plat 1/Gold 3 in 3v3). I actually won my second or third tournament pretty easily. I've played 6 tournaments now. Difficulty is gradually increasing, but it's still not as tough as when I play regular ranked.

So, if you're interested, you'll play 1 to 5, or 6?, matches. Just go to the bathroom before you join. It's often over in 1-3 matches. Try to join 15 minutes before it's scheduled time. If it says "tournament full" wait till just after the tournament starts, and join "2nd Chance" (15 minute window).

And if you're after Righteous Gale, or something cool/higher rarity, like I am, I recommend you play until you unlock the second tier rewards which yield higher rarity (cost 4000 tournament credits). The first tier rewards, 1000 tournament credits, have given me 3 decals and 2 banners that I don't care for. So, I'm only buying the 4000 credit rewards from now on.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

I finally started adhering to the Rule 1 of Rocket League: If you end up locking cars with someone in a team game, never break that lock.
And, I won a Challengers Cup tournament, a second tournament win, still no Righteous Gale boost

EDIT: Also, I tried my keyboard for text in Rocket League on the Switch. Totally works. Just plug the keyboard into the dock. Piece of cake.

And, I won two platinum tournaments. Tournaments are fun, been doing them every day since I tried it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

WOOOOOOOOO thanks @WoomyNNYes!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

If your tired of weak tournament rewards with Prospect Cup(bronze) and Challengers Cup(gold).... If you don't spend your credits, your unspent tournament credits will convert to All-Star Cup rewards, which yield more high quality rewards.

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260800535...

Why Has My Tournament Credit Balance Been Reset?

Tournament Credits will reset at the end of each season.

Have leftovers? No worries!

We will convert leftover Tournament Credits into All-Star Cup Tournament Rewards.

If you had leftover Tournament Credits that were zeroed out yesterday with the December Update, they will be used to buy All-Star Cups, and the reward items will be added to your account
Anyone with less than 12,000 Tournament Credits will receive an All-Star Cup reward item
These All-Star Cup reward items will be delivered during the start of Season 2
In order to receive these reward items, you need to log into Rocket League at least once at any point during Season 2

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

dugan

@WoomyNNYes okay, those goals are sick! Your air control is great! Thanks for posting those!

dugan

WoomyNNYes

60frames-please wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Nice! I didn't know there was a diamond rank until I somehow got into it right after starting playing Rocket League on my brand new laptop. I have not stayed in diamond though! I play Rocket League in three different accounts on Switch, PS4 Pro, and now Steam/PC. I'm usually platinum or gold rank in snow day, regular, dropshot, etc, but for some reason I end up highly ranked in basketball (which I find pretty difficult to play effectively).

@60frames-please Really? You hadn't looked to see what the rank tiers are? That's funny. In order it's:
bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, grand champ, super sonic legend.
Supposedly gold/platinum have the largest population. So, for diamond and higher, rank populations start shrinking & getting more elite. Granted, getting to gold/platinum definitely takes some effort.

Ever since I got to gold 3, if someone really crushes me, or has impressive skill, in casual matches, I started noticing their banner titles at the end of match scoreboard often say their highest tournament level win, and it's typically diamond, grand champion. Sometimes it's cool to save those match replays, and crazy to watch the replay from their Player View. Sometimes you can learn some things. Or, you're just like, wtf!? XD

I recent months, I've been platinum across the board in 3v3, 1v1 ranked, dropshot, snow day. That basketball mode is tough, I've only briefly dabbled, and haven't played it enough to get ranked. That's impressive if you've done well there.

Here's a pic of Population distribustion by rank
(edit: gee whiz the pic below is giant. I saw how big it was after posting. Pardon the size.)
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

120frames-please

@WoomyNNYes Oh, wow, now I know there is super sonic legend. Just found out about grand champ from a YouTube training and tips video. Thanks for the graph, and I appreciate the size actually. I've never gotten into a game as much as I have Rocket League. On Switch the only game I've played anywhere close to the same amount is Mario Maker. I've got around 500 hours into Rocket League while playing Super Mario Maker 2 around 250 hours.

120frames-please

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic