Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 561 to 580 of 742

WoomyNNYes

@sixrings That's a good question. I think nso was needed to play Rocket League up until now. But I thought free to play games didnt require nso. Maybe it will change?

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@sixrings until now, I believe every free to play game is free online, no nso required.

@Dogorilla Fairly certain we haven't been given the legacy stuff yet. NL's article says everyone that owns the game before free to play kicks in gets the legacy content. None of it is in my inventory.

Heres the quote from nl's article regarding what we get:
"All Rocket League-branded DLC released before free-to-play, "Est. 20XX" title that displays the first year you played Rocket League, 200+ Common items upgraded to "Legacy" quality, Golden Cosmos Boost, Dieci-Oro Wheels, and a Huntress Player Banner. If you've played online before this announcement, you will also receive the Faded Cosmos Boost"

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Alright thanks, hopefully we'll get those things soon then. I hope some of the items included are goal explosions because I have no intention to buy any DLC but I would like a cool goal explosion lol

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla I bought a gravity bomb (black market).... Im not proud of it, but I did. I regretted not getting the black painted gravity bomb. When i saw the regular one, I grudgingly bought it. I think i got Rocket League on sale in eshop for $15 two years ago. (that makes me feel better? Haha).

I will say, buying the cheapest rocket pass is maybe the best bang for your buck, it cost like $10. Its a winnings/leveling multiplier, so if you play a decent amount, you unlock a heck of a lot more parts.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes I can see the appeal of the rocket pass and similar systems in F2P games because it gives you extra challenges to do, but my issue with it is that you have to play the game a lot within a certain timeframe to get the most out of it. As a casual player I don't think it would be worth it for me.

By the way, I found a list of the Rocket League-branded DLC items that we're supposed to be getting: https://www.rocketleague.com/free-to-play/#question-8
I'm sure I noticed some of those when I was looking at my inventory yesterday so it seems like the bonuses have already been added to our accounts. No goal explosions though

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla I was looking for the new player title, "Est. 20XX", for the year you got the game. Can't find it in banner title options. Unless I misunderstand what they mean by "title".

Based on my inventory, I haven't gotten the legacy stuff yet. Since you're in UK region, and I'm in US, it's possible the roll out could happen in one region before another. I bold'ed everything I don't have below. At this point, the only thing's I've had hopes for are "golden cosmos boost" and "faded cosmos boost". But, it's possible they may very ordinary (succ). I think we'd know about them if they were cool. I can't find any youtube or google image searches for those actual boosts.

"All Rocket League-branded DLC released before free-to-play, "Est. 20XX" title that displays the first year you played Rocket League. 200+ Common items upgraded to "Legacy" quality, Golden Cosmos Boost, Dieci-Oro Wheels, and a Huntress Player Banner. If you've played online before this announcement, you will also receive the Faded Cosmos Boost "

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes It looks like I have the same as you based on what you highlighted there. I have the Rocket League DLC items but not the Golden Cosmos boost, Huntress banner, etc. I'm also not sure what it means by '200+ Common items upgraded to "Legacy" quality' - are we supposed to get those as well? It doesn't look like I have them.

I'll be honest, I don't think most of the DLC items are particularly interesting, but I'll admit I'm quite taken with the Scarab car body

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla Yeah, that "200+ common items upgraded to legacy". On the Rocket League rarity scale, "common" rarity items will change to 'legacy'. I'm not clear if they will give them all the common itmes to us, either.

When I look up the Scarab body, it's labeled as Premium. I think it came with Rocket Pass 5? if you bought the cheapest rocket pass, aka "premium". Rocket Passt 5 was the first Rocket Pass I paid for. I think that's how I got it.

On another issue, I'm jealous of the Motor Mouth engine audio I've heard from time to time. I'm assuming it was a "Limited" audio. It's ridiculous and funny to hear. Possibly annoying to actually have for whole matches.🤔

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Haha that is pretty funny. It's a shame so many of the best cosmetics are only available for a limited time or as part of expensive DLC sets. At least the Mario, Luigi and Samus cars are free though, those are great.

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@Shamrock Thanks for the heads up!
I am pasting link the link below to rocket league announcement and trailer. Interesting, no new vehicles or parts in trailer. The Fennec car has a decal, but I'm guessing it's not new. I would have thought there would have been some new branding. Guess we'll see when new Rocket Pass starts (if they are still doing rocket pass).

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-free-to-play-...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Commandervide0

How come you can only select one playlist at time since the update. Bit of a bummer. Also that new icon looks awesome.

Commandervide0

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla A Rocket League update come today to the US giving us the legacy DLC we talked about a few posts above (that was announced this summer). The two Cosmos boosts are kinda cool. I've never seen them before (I'm assuming they are old, though). When the update comes, lots of your customizations will convert to "Legacy", and they'll be presented like you just got them new (even though you've had them), but there are several things that were new to me,a few cars(aftershock car was new to me, and it's engine sound is rad), and a couple Cosmos boosts. And the opening Rocket League cinematic was entertaining. It kind of acts like a bit of a tutorial too, helpful for noobs.

I noticed they fixed Toon Hydro, the wheel trails. This summer they turned glowing bright. Now they look like cartoons again.
Aftershock and Esper engine sounds are new to me, and I like them.

@Qu0te I got the new Rocket League update today, and I can select and un-select the music playlist/albums just like before. The home menu looks slightly different.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Commandervide0

@WoomyNNYes When I say playlists, I mean the online modes. You only seem to be able to select one mode at a time now.

Commandervide0

zososososo

how do I play splitscreen after the update ? if I press + on my 2nd controller nothing happens ;(

zososososo

WoomyNNYes

@zososososo If you want to play against AI, it's under "Custom Games" now. Split screen should be in there. I wondered where offline games were too, if that's what you meant. I like offline games if I'm too tired to play well online.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Qu0te Oh, you're right. You can only select one game type at a time now. I see. Like, in Casual, you can't pick 2v2 & 3v3 to widen your options.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic