Forums

Topic: Resident Evil - Switch releases

Posts 141 to 149 of 149

jump

Has anyone tried to get the Japanese Resident Evil 7 running on a non-Japanese Switch/outside of Japan? I understand it’s a streaming game so it may not be worth the trouble.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

From what I hear it's quite unplayable.

You might be better off streaming from Steam to a phone or tablet and pretending it's a switch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

Eel wrote:

From what I hear it's quite unplayable.

You might be better off streaming from Steam to a phone or tablet and pretending it's a switch.

Any idea if it’s because of bad internet or because it’s a bad idea?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

It's jut the logistics of it. The game expects you to be in Japan, with Japanese-quality internet.

Being on the other side of the world just kinda works agaisnt it.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NintendoByNature

Re6: 2 Chapters in with Leon's campaign. I actually really love the action the game has. Ample ammo and mowing down zombies is what I signed up for. Great time thus far.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

Yeah RE 6 is still a solid well made game. It just got crapped all over because i guess people were starting to really miss the old style by then. That's why RE7 switched back to the more classic feel. I hear RE 8 is going to be more action heavy so here we go again. The fans are going to either love it or hate it but probably nobody will be 100% satisfied.

Zeldafan79

Eel

It's just one of those series where very few of the games are legitimately bad... It's just that it fluctuates so radically. You're either suplexing zombies and punching boulders left and right, or you're stuck in a room because your gun only has ten bullets and you're afraid to come out.

RE7 is a funny case, because it starts as a rather intense survival horror game, but gradually becomes an action game as you move along.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

klingki

Eel wrote:

You're either suplexing zombies and punching boulders left and right, or you're stuck in a room because your gun only has ten bullets and you're afraid to come out.

I don't think I've ever seen the Resident Evil franchise summed up so perfectly, haha

klingki

Magician

@Slowdive

Yeah, RE Origins is one of those painful Capcom releases. RE Remake's Japanese file size is 16GB, so technically Capcom could have offered it as it's own singular retail release rather than coupled in a half physical, half digital release with RE0. And yet, oddly enough, the North American file size is 17GB.

I'm not sure why or how the file size increased from region to region? Both versions of the release support the same language options. Whatever the case, since the NA release is 17GB, Capcom couldn't put all of RE Remake on the cartridge, so Capcom opted to put RE0 on the cartridge instead.

Oh well, at least all of RE4 is on the cartridge for the RE Triple Pack.

Switch Physical Collection - 695 games (as of January 11th, 2021)
Currently playing: Alliance Alive HD (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic