Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,232

kkslider5552000

Ninfan wrote:

are they going to be any new snes or nes releases ? Do you think.

Eventually I assume, but I also don't think they have much reason to feel obligated to add anymore. Which is what happens when an underwhelming product like NSO is wildly successful.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WiiWareWave

So I think I have the pattern down for releases on the expansion pack. So first it took 2 months to get an update, N64 was buggy AF so Nintendo had a lot to fix, but now I'm thinking we'll probably get another 4-6 GENESIS/MEGADRIVE games alongside Majora's Mask and the short-term pattern if I had to guess will be 1 N64 game a month and 4-6 GENESIS/MEGADRIVE games every 2 months, I could be wrong, but that's what it's looking like, the 1 game a month for N64 games is probably so there won't be any N64 NSO game droughts near the end of when the console will be receiving new games on the service.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

On a side note why is the rumble pack function so terrible in Banjo Kazooey? I do have a third party Switch Pro Controller, but the rumble works flawlessly with every other N64 game on NSO at present besides Banjo which the controller just endlessly rumbles in said game. Is this a problem with the game or is my controller somehow unable to properly utilize the rumble feature in this one game? 🤔

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

TochTendo99

The NSO app is very disappointed seriously I thought at least I could see who is on my friends like but nope all it is are useless pages to 3 Nintendo switch games where you can witch videos look at stats or just how your build is going no wonder everyone uses discord.

3ds Friend code 3368 - 8461 - 8268

3ds Username Toch or TochTendo99

Switch friend code SW-8099-1348-0810

My discord Toch is 13#6978

My reddit is U/Jealous-Necessary-62

Other than that hope to see you on my friends list

LiNeR

Anybody hyped for Mother 1 and Earthbound on NSO?

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

Ninfan

Nintendo are moving the NSO up a bit with this free DLC for members. This might be better than the N64 games, I think.

Ninfan

skywake

@Ninfan
It was pretty obvious this was going to happen IMO. Been saying it to much scepticism and accusations that I'd "defend anything Nintendo does" since the initial reveal with the AC DLC. N64 was always just one item on a list that will expand over time

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

Honestly that makes me more annoyed at Nintendo. "Hey guys we have more DLCs we'll be adding to this in the future" would have helped so much, why did they not bother saying that? Did the Wii U marketing team decide how to market this service?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

blindsquirrel

@Ninfan
How is it better? Option one is to buy the expansion pack, and have access to the dlc for a year. It is more like 100 dollars because the dlc ends in 2023. And once you cancel the subscription the dlc is gone. Or you could pay 25 dollars have access to the dlc for however long you have Mario kart. Honestly it would be better just to buy the dlc.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 IKR? if they would have said that from the very start, I probably would have gotten the service.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

LiNeR wrote:

Anybody hyped for Mother 1 and Earthbound on NSO?

You don't need the expansion pack for these, right, as they were NES/SNES titles? If so, I can't wait to see what the hype was all about with these.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Yep, basic switch online. I really want to play Earthbound because I want to see the game that gave birth to undertale, But I'm going to play the one on the SNES first, as people said you will be just fine playing it first.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

skywake

@blindsquarel
Your maths, like with every naysayer since this started, only works if what we get now is where it ends. This thing started in November and I paid $110AU for a family membership. The price of two games. That got me the Animal Crossing DLC and now Mario Kart DLC for this year. I also put enough time into N64 for it to be one of my most played apps. And I am one of five people in my group

That's this year, as we know so far, and it's February. You think we get nothing else until November? November next year even? Well be ready to join the people earlier in this thread who said N64 was it, be prepared to be proven wrong at E3 as they were today

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Fizza

Quick question: What should I play first? Earthbound or Beginnings? I know Beginnings is the first game chronologically but I think starting with Earthbound would be the best way to get into both, you know?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Fizza When the game first came to the west I think, it was on the SNES, so a lot of people started with that from what I heard, I also heard the first one is much harder, and there are call backs here and there, but you will get those when you play the first game.

jump

@Fizza Try Beginnings first. It's very rough compared to Earthbound so if you play Earthbound first you may not settle for Beginnings' downgrades plus that's the order anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

So I'm jut about to start Earthbound Beginnings and I need to know: what are the official names for the characters you name at the beginning? I know the first one is Ninten but I haven't got a clue for 'this girl', 'this other boy' or 'this last boy's'. I really want to play through the first time with the official names so if anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic