Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,650

Sisilly_G

@Eel : I too chose Chespin, but I'm totally indifferent to the Gen VI starters. I never cared for any of the final forms.

And I love Politoed and Slowking. Gen II had the best alternate (and/or new) evolutions.

I was crushingly disappointed when Galarian Slowking turned out to be absolutely hideous though.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Fizza

Silly_G wrote:

: I too chose Chespin, but I'm totally indifferent to the Gen VI starters. I never cared for any of the final forms.

And I love Politoed and Slowking. Gen II had the best alternate (and/or new) evolutions.

I was crushingly disappointed when Galarian Slowking turned out to be absolutely hideous though.

I'm pretty much exactly the same myself, though I love their counterparts just as much as well (I never liked Poliwrath before using one in competitive and now it's one of my favourite Fighting types). As for Galarian Slowking, I'm......also kinda the same on that front as well. I've grown to appreciate the cool and interesting things it does as a Pokemon/design but I just still can't get over those damn eyes.
Untitled
Also, Chespin is my favourite Gen 6 starter out of the lot of them. I chose Froakie on my first playthrough of X (both because I usually gravitate towards Water starters as a whole and because I liked it's appearance in the anime prior to getting the game) but the oversaturation of Greninja over the years have soured the line a bit for me. Chespin on the other hand gets almost no love....and that's kind of why I like it. They haven't been in the spotlight enough for me to get sick of them and it's made me look at the good parts of them even more: adorable first stage in Chespin, badass final stage in Chesnaught and some of the best shinies we've ever had. Overall, the entire line is just really damn cool.

We don't talk about Quilladin.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

Kill it with grass!

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Octane

Galarian Slowbro is great. Then they had to ruin it with Galarian Slowking.

Octane

Kermit1doesmath

I'm going to get the double pack. I made up my mind and I'm not getting Splatoon 3, this will be the first time I'll get both versions of a Pokemon game.

I decided to get both because I have a feeling I'm going to want to play this game twice.

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

@Octane I mean I'm not sure whether I'd go that far but I do prefer regular Slowking to the Galarian variant any day of the week (even if I think the concept is brilliant).

Galarian Slowbro holds a particularly special place in my heart as the first shiny I ever used in a playthrough, hatching a shiny Slowpoke literal days before the IoA came out and they've been on my team ever since. I love my Sonny so much.
Untitled

Eel

I don't really mind galarian slowking. You might say the eyes are unfitting, but they're not slowking's eyes... That's the shelder with eyeliner.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TommyTendo

It would be cool if both Shellder and Omastar could bite the tail of a Slowpoke to give it different evolutions.

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza be careful the leaks are getting really bad now. I just saw a leak about eggs and... Only time will tell when I get the games.

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

Well now this is interesting.

jump

@Fizza this is gonna be like that 24 hour stream for Sword and Shield where all they showed off was a new Ponyta isn't it?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump On the one hand I want/pray to say no, but on the other the place this teaser seems to be based off is Oma Forest so it's a possibility.

I highly doubt they'll ever do that again though (I'll never forget the Glimwood Tangle Livestream of 2019 for as long as I live) but I'd be interested to see them attempt it again but not nearly as long.

jump

@Fizza Yeah it was awful, I can't believe I spent all that money on adrenaline to inject into myself so I could stay up for a full 24 hours to watch it all only for the one time I went to the toilet was when the Ponyta finally showed up!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

Honestly, I didn't hate the glimwood tangle livestream. It was moreso meant to be something you tuned into and checked out for a few minutes each hour or so, instead of just watching all 24 hours of the thing.. and it was pretty fun from the glimpses I caught while doing other stuff. Glad that they're keeping the mystery reveals a thing, since Gen 6 tried it out, and then Gen 7 got rid of them, only for Gen 8 to bring them back and Gen 9 to continue them. It makes the new pokemon revealed in the teasers more memorable to me, and even helped me like some of them, like in the case of Impidimp in the Glimwood tangle livestream.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Octane

We already know what this Tweet is referring to, it has been leaked a while back. If anyone wants to know:

There is a Normal/Poison spray paint lemur/aye-aye Pokemon that leaves these markings around the region. It's a two stage line.

Octane

Octane

The Pokemon Twitter confirmed the Pokemon is named Grafaiai (graffiti + aye-aye, as the leaked correctly predicted). Expect a trailer tomorrow.

Octane

VoidofLight

I'm kind of sad that Pokemon Leaks are a huge thing with this game. Ruins the hype around new reveals and outright discussion. Youtubers who cover pokemon are no longer fun to watch if you don't want to see everything before launch, because they'll bring absolutely everything that's been leaked up in unrelated content. New pokemon reveals will always end with a guy saying "We already know what this pokemon is, as it's been leaked." or "Hey, the leak was true after all!". You can't go anywhere really without people saying "Man, I can't believe these guys don't follow the leaks." as if they're surprised that some people just want to stay surprised.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic