Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 2,747

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel Then tragedy struck... A Duglit ran away from my 78 chain 😥

dysgraphia awareness human

Eel

@Kermit1 oof. It’s worth looking at their movements. If they seem to do some unusual animation, different from the usual loop, they’re about to run away.

Another option is always running away after three or so failed throws.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1doesmath

I forgot to save after catching that shiny Kakuna oof, but I didget a shiny caterpie

Fizza

When it comes to this 'new' method, the thing I'm concerned about is the resource management needed through constantly chucking Pokeballs. To anyone here who's attempted it: is it a fun way to hunt? As someone who hasn't done any shiny hunting yet in Let's Go, I'm worried it'll get quite taxing (both literally and metaphorically). I'll probably stick to the old method even if it doesn't work as well as we thought since, if I have both the Shiny Charm and a place to constantly keep resetting the area (Mt. Moon, Seafoam Islands, Pokemon Road, etc.), there'll be so many spawns on the screen that it won't really matter at that point. Definitely doing the better method for mons with Alolan Forms like Rattata though since I really want to attempt those shiny trades.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza Ya, it's very boring to be honest, and the chain CAN break messing up the run

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Eel

I find it useful within the game. By continuing the chain, you not only get the increased shiny odds, you also:

• Get species-specific candies to make your eventual shiny battle ready for the master trainers.
  • Get other candies and resources to sell for extra cash (for more pokeballs).
  • Make the Pokémon progressively easier and easier to catch, so using Premier balls becomes viable even with the harder species.
  • Get tons of EXP to level up anything you might want to use for battle or evolve.

For runaways, as I mentioned, keeping a close eye on the animations, or limiting yourself to a set number of throws per encounter will help with that.

With the old method, it's just "enter the area, wait, exit the area", repeat until shiny. It's just as, if not more, boring... If you ask me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel okay, I'll try that. Again, and to make it "non boring" (it's still kinda fun) I'll listen to a CD

Eel

I personally tend to use a combination of both methods depending on how I feel at the moment.

So don't feel like you must remain catching all the time, if you don't feel like it, then reverting to resetting the area for a while can help with the tedium.

It's just overall more beneficial to do continue the chain most of the time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

RubyCarbuncle

I got my Shiny Eevee. It took over 1500 Evees and almost my sanity with it but it was so worth it.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

Eel

@RubyCarbuncle Congrats! That really went over odds... You could say it's a very rare shiny...

Kermit1 wrote:

@Eel how many shinies do you have in let's go

Huh, lemme think... Not counting those transferred from Go...

I have Weedle, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Gloom, Ponyta, Chansey, Dugtrio, two Pinsir and Venusaur.

Of those, Ponyta and Weedle were random full-odds.

Edit: Technically Venusaur too, since I was chaining Bellsprout at the time!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel can you pick one of the two Pokémon for my next shiny hunt (I can't make my mind up)

Sandshrew
or
Kakuna

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel okay, Kakuna again then... It was a full odd with shiny charm last time... or did you mean Sandshrew

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel OH, okay Sandshrew it is then... my brain farted exscuse me

Kermit1doesmath

I now have more sandshrews than the original pokedex number

Kermit1doesmath

I have 348 sandshrews, I think I might restart the shiny hunt

Kermit1doesmath

Shiny sandshrew is impossible! I tell you! impossible!!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic